TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Peer Pressure and Bullying (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/)
-   -   Triggering (Bullying): Bullied and can't do anything about it (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/t155964-bullied-cant-do-anything-about/)

Ryiga May 19th 2018 06:18 PM

Bullied and can't do anything about it

Hi. I live in a small town that has a gymnasium. I go to school there since moving here in grade 4. Ever since moving in, i've been bullied for being physically weak and non-athletic, also wearing glasses.

After a year of working out, I've recently stood up to one of my bullies in the seventh grade and stood up for myself, and since, he stopped. But then there were the other ones, that are way too strong for me. Standing up against them was a failure for me and they resumed bullying me.. This time for nothing.

I've been smacked in the head, beat up multiple times, jumped on, had my stuff stolen, money taken and backpack searched through way too many times, have been called ugly and humiliated in many ways and many times and I couldn't do anything about it. Many times they do in while during lessons, and the teachers don't do anything. I've been reporting them to the social worker there until grade 7, but they are ineffective as hell.

One of them is twice as big as me, and the others are just too strong and too athletic for me to handle. See the pattern here?

I've been left humiliated many times. I have little to no friends. It's hard for me. I want help and perhaps guidance.

I'd prefer male help if possible, but females are welcome to help too.

hocus pocus May 23rd 2018 01:48 PM

Re: Bullied and can't do anything about it

Hey,

Apologies for the late reply. I didn't see this until now.

It is good that you were able to stand up to one of your bullies but it's unfortunate that there are some other people that you can't stand up to. A lot of times, people don't know what to do about bullying so little or nothing is done when it gets reported. You said you've reported it to the social worker many times. Have you reported it to anyone else? You may be able to get through to someone else.

You said that the town you live in is small but do you have any options as to potentially moving to another school? That can be difficult but sometimes it helps to start fresh.

Ryiga May 23rd 2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynefin (Post 1321888)
Hey,

Apologies for the late reply. I didn't see this until now.

It is good that you were able to stand up to one of your bullies but it's unfortunate that there are some other people that you can't stand up to. A lot of times, people don't know what to do about bullying so little or nothing is done when it gets reported. You said you've reported it to the social worker many times. Have you reported it to anyone else? You may be able to get through to someone else.

You said that the town you live in is small but do you have any options as to potentially moving to another school? That can be difficult but sometimes it helps to start fresh.

I have reported the said actions to my teachers, the school social worker, the principal when I was around twelve, but no action was taken.

Also, i'd love to move somewhere away from this mess and start in a different school, but sadly, there is no other school around. It feels like i'm trapped here.

hocus pocus May 24th 2018 08:40 PM

Its unfortunate that no action was taken. Have you thought about reporting the bullying to the police? You could start documenting it (like taking pictures or writing down entries with dates) and then take it to the police. Perhaps the police would take you seriously in the way that previous people have not.

It's too bad that there isn't another school around because sometimes changing schools does a world of good for victims of bullying. Do you think switching to online school would be an option for you? Some online schools are expensive, but not all, and you may be able to do that instead.

lucyhiggs May 30th 2018 06:36 AM

Hey
I am so sorry you had to face this. Moving to a new school is the best option. Have you tried to complain this to your faculty or your parents? There are so many organisations out there that deals with such problems. You should contact them.

KyCoo June 7th 2018 07:55 AM

Shoot a video and post it on social media. Don't say names, don't blame anyone. Just show that you're being affected but you're strong to voice your thoughts.

brocki95 June 23rd 2018 01:02 AM

Hi Rygia,

I am so sorry, that you have bullied in such a horrible manner. There a two things that would prove effective. One is to tell the school to either intervene or threaten to sue the school board for violation of their duty of supervision. Or second would be to press charges for assault, theft or even robbery. Especially robbery is a felony and is not treated lightly by any means! Both teachers and bullies are morons and think what they are doing is harmless. It often only takes a threat of legal action for them to stop.
Anyways. I wish you much luck with this.

~Torben