TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

View Poll Results: Who picked on you the most?
Classmates 65 54.17%
Teachers 1 0.83%
Parents 16 13.33%
Ex-Friends 20 16.67%
Other 18 15.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 05:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Edit: I'm sorry if this topic offends anyone.

I decided to make this thread so people can get their grudges off their minds and find some relief. I'm the type of person who holds grudges for years, and I never forget the bad things a person has done to me. I forgive most people, but not all of them...

--

So, I'm curious...what's the worst thing that ex-friends, classmates, or any other person has done to you? I've been having nightmares about these certain people that tormented me in 9th grade, and I need to rant, because I don't know how to get over them.

I admit, I hadn't really been personally bullied until 9th grade- when that happened, it was a huge surprise. I had been indirectly picked on by a boy in 8th grade, but there were reasons for it- he had his own problems and still does to this day.

But in highschool, these leader-girls from 3 different cliques would just not stop offending me the whole year through. Edit: to avoid confusion, I'll call them B, A, and T. (Hahaha...bat.)

Even the first week of school, B was sending me instant messages full of hate. The next week, A was poking fun at how I didn't have a bf and that I was innocent, and she sat next to or near me in several classes. And then the NEXT week, T stole my best friend for several months and told her lies. She personally threatened me several times (this continued in sophomore year) and said that I had nothing on her, because she had more money, she had better grades, more friends, and most importantly of all, a boyfriend.

And then it turns out, she and her boyfriend bullied my best friend online, so both of us were hurt.

I was so afraid of these people. I lost sleep over them, and I dreaded going to my classes because A and T were in nearly all of them. Each day was a challenge. Eventually, I told the guidance counselor, and he moved me to better seats, but then the rest of the classmates knew that I was scared, because I was the only one changing seats. Somehow, though, I survived freshman (and sophomore) year. I still don't know how I did it.

Last edited by Hey Nikki!; October 22nd 2009 at 10:33 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 05:36 PM

I think the worst thing anyone has ever said was on here. Someone sent me something about me being worthless and I should be hit by a truck and met whatever lies beyond this existence... Something about the worms would reject my empty cadaver or something... Anyways, it was bad.

My family in general has never really been good to me. We've always been the black sheep of the family. My mother was horrible to me/addict most of my life, that's why I live with my boyfriend now. My dad was never there, but thankful he's making up for things now, which I'm really happy about. My Aunt is horrible to me, she favors my sister Meghan and admits to it.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Magicalisland Offline
Human being
Junior TeenHelper

Name: E. Brill

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 05:39 PM

Hmmm when I was eight a group of kids cornered me in the playground and beat me up. When I tried to defend myself and kicked one of them (I had given up appealing to their better nature by then) they complained and I got in trouble for the rest of the day. I want to kick myself now for not saying that it was them who were hurting me. I got bullied like this a lot in primary school, why I it happened I honestly can't say. I think it was because the playground staff didn't like me for some reason. I remember another time when I was about six and all the boys were pulling my knickers down, Chris-the playground supervisor told me to stop crying because its what happens to all girls and they should just accept it.

I know many other kids have had far worse experiences and I totally sympathize with them. I am so glad I got those horrible memories of my chest.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 05:59 PM

loads.

bullies at school called me a stupid dyke. at work, i was called a faggot for being gay.

someone i thought loved me, told me the wished i was dead, called me obese, hopes my swine flu kills me, "sort of" cheated on me, lied to me... all within about 5 days. broke my heart into a thousand parts.
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 06:00 PM

When I was at school, one of the teachers sort of bullied me. She always picked on me to answer questions and made me move to the front because apparently I didn't pay attention at the back, she'd just yell at me for not working well enough because I didn't understand the work and when a piece of paper she handed me landed on the floor next to her, she wouldn't pass it to me and made me walk round to get it, it made me just want to burst into tears and I missed the lesson a few times which made her threaten to tell my parents but I couldn't stand it. The others in the class would comment when she left the room because they saw it as well and one of them offered to help me as well to get her off my back which helped.

I think that's pretty much the worse, besides abuse and being hit once.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 06:10 PM

@ Magicalisland: Oh my god! Boys were pulling your pants down? See, I KNEW I wasn't the only one who thought little kids could be perverts. I went to a private elementary/middle school, so the kids there didn't act like that, but I noticed that most, but not all, little kids from public elementary schools acted...disrespectful. Like they were allowed to do anything to anyone.

...And then your supervisor told you to accept it? No way. This is the reason why I don't trust any guys except my friends, period.

I know the guys on here are nice, but...well, I guess I just grew up in a not-so-upperclass neighborhood. I've had 8-year olds call me a b*tch, and a kid that even attempted to touch me. However, it was a guy friend that defended me right then and there, so...I guess not all guys are bad.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicalisland View Post
Hmmm when I was eight a group of kids cornered me in the playground and beat me up. When I tried to defend myself and kicked one of them (I had given up appealing to their better nature by then) they complained and I got in trouble for the rest of the day. I want to kick myself now for not saying that it was them who were hurting me. I got bullied like this a lot in primary school, why I it happened I honestly can't say. I think it was because the playground staff didn't like me for some reason. I remember another time when I was about six and all the boys were pulling my knickers down, Chris-the playground supervisor told me to stop crying because its what happens to all girls and they should just accept it.

I know many other kids have had far worse experiences and I totally sympathize with them. I am so glad I got those horrible memories of my chest.
I'm still not scared to smack one of those kids in the face. I don't care if they're kids, they need a good punch in the face. One of the reasons I hate kids.

Some people consider kids to not know what they are doing. Bull crap! Kids are intelligent little creatures. I grew up with a demon of a sister. My mom used to blame me for locking the door on her on times when I actually didn't. One day, I ran in from inside and hid behind the door... My little sister pokes her head in, looks around, locks the door, and shuts it. Smart move. She got caught though. My point it, kids are not as stupid as we make them out to be. Bullying happens, and people think It's harmless. I still remember when I was bullied in school.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
SleeplessSkye Offline
Average Joe

Name: Skye

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 06:21 PM

Well, I'm really short & I'm 16. I'm only 4"11.
One day my friend texted me and he said "Hey we're celebrating the 4th of July at the lake!" And I just happened to be there so I said, "Can I come hang awhile?"
He said, "No, you wouldn't fit in...everyone here is tall."
I was crushed. It kinda hurt, ya know?

There's n o t h i n g
that can't be done
when we raise our
voice as o n e . <3
-Michael Jackson-

Your h e a r t is a river <3
that flows from your chest
t h r o u g h e v e r y o r g a n
Your brain is the dam
And i am the fish

who can't reach the core.
Lightness- Death Cab For Cutie

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I think the worst thing anyone has ever said was on here. Someone sent me something about me being worthless and I should be hit by a truck and met whatever lies beyond this existence... Something about the worms would reject my empty cadaver or something... Anyways, it was bad.
:confused: Wow. That's kind of creepy. Just proves how stupid people are.

Anyway. Well there are a lot of things people have done to me that have been extremely inconsiderate. For instance, I was told by a 'friend' that she was going to kill herself and that it was my fault, followed by her signing off the internet and not answering her phone. That was not a fun night. She never killed herself though, and stupid me decided to be her friend again. Bad move.

There have been a lot of rude things people have said to me as well, that I should kill myself, that I'm an emo freak (definitely not one of the worst things I've been told, but still), and so on. I haven't had many bad experiences, compared to a lot of people, though.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#10 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 07:21 PM

Well, there have been a lot of bad things said/done to me, but the worst was really, really recent.

My best friend. Granted, I only knew her online, but she was still my best friend, you know? But, I tend to be too naive and I didn't see what she was doing to me all along. I knew her for about a year, and in that year she manage to well, ruin me. She made me completely dependent on here, and then she left me. Just like that. Emailed me at 3AM three weeks ago, and told me she was never going to contact me again. She even changed her phone number.
There's so much to go into, it would take years to explain on here. But she really did make me need her so much, and then left. It hurts to think that maybe, maybe she did it all on purpose. (The making me dependent, the leaving was obviously on purpose...)

So yeah, that's my worst experience. And it's left me without any trust for anybody. And I've pushed away a bunch of online friends because I can't take the risk again.

Moral of the story: Listen to your parents and don't get too attached to people online. Nah, I mean, there are so many genuine people out there, and I thought this girl was for real too, but hey, gotta get crushed before you can learn to look after yourself.

Other than that, I think my dad telling me he'd rather me dead, probably comes in close second...

(#11 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Unhappy Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 14th 2009, 07:33 PM

My best friend knew I liked this guy for a year, but that didn't stop her from dating him. Him and I were really good friends too, until they started dating. They evolved their world around the other, and they were the only two people alive who seemed to matter.
They were going out for about, five months, when he told me he liked me, and possibly more then he did her. But he didn't want to hurt her because it was her longest relationship. I was really happy. I was ecstatic. I had waited for so long for him. Then the next day, He said they broke up and that he really liked me, and wanted to give it a try. But he wanted to wait awhile so that he wouldn't come off as a "man-wh$re". So I could wait a while for him. I wanted him so bad.
He said he would be ready in a couple of days. But the day before He was going to ask me out, he took my best friend back.
I was really hurt. But oh well. So then they went out again. But he kept saying He liked me more. and wanted to be with me more, and if I waited until the end of the summer, He would be Mine.
So I did.
And at the end of the summer, my best friend finally decided to tell me that He never really liked me, they just said he did so that I would think I had a chance with him. And that they never really broke up, they pretended. And that it was all a big joke and that we should go back to how things were before.
And I was heartbroken. I liked him so much, and He meant so much to me. =/.
Eventually, I forgave them. but it took awhile.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
just-me Offline
Hiding In this shadow
Not a n00b

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 15th 2009, 02:54 AM

hmm worst thing sad to me, theres been a few
i remember my first day i had ever ridden the bus to school and i went to sit down on one of the few spare seats left and the guy goes im sorry but these three seats arent meant for girls...i still sat down but i cried the whole way to school
secondly would have to be the taunts i get quite often still and im 18, just about my nose its not pointy of anything, it just goes up a little bit when i say little i mean little but i get piggy all the time and it still isnt fun def whem im having a bad day to

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 15th 2009, 03:19 AM

in middle school i was always insulted about my appearance. boys would tell me i have a moustache and side burns and that i would make a better boy than girl.
but those a minor now, i think my biggest insult was when my mum called me a b!tch. the first time left me in tears, now it doesn't bother me too much anymore.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 15th 2009, 05:30 PM

Hey All.

Firstly, I just wanted to mention how incredibly strong you all are. Noone deserves to be put through this. Hatred, and bullying is something nobody should have to put up with; but you all have, and had to deal with it which is hard!
If you ever need to talk about any of this, feel free to PM me. <3
As Nikki said, I hope letting it out can bring some relief.

Anyhow, my story. There's alot of stuff i don't want to go into, but the one of the worst was probably when I was about 11 (well, two years ago) and someone decided to throw my bag out a bus window, along with house keys, money, and six months worth of work. I'd just started a new school and went home crying my eyes out. Yet never told anyone. I was so scared it would make it worse.
But it doesn't- silence prolongs the problem.
I get alot of the usual name calling- especially remarks about my appearance. And Backstabbinmg from people you think your close to. I find it really hard to trust any one any more
I guesss you just have to get on with it in the end...

Jess x

Edit- Marked as triggering x

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

Last edited by Unicorn.; July 16th 2009 at 05:49 PM.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 15th 2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Hey All.

Firstly, I just wanted to mention how incredibly strong you all are. Noone deserves to be put through this. Hatred, and bullying is something nobody should have to put up with; but you all have, and had to deal with it which is hard!
If you ever need to talk about any of this, feel free to PM me. <3
As Nikki said, I hope letting it out can bring some relief.

Anyhow, my story. There's alot of stuff i don't want to go into, but the one of the worst was probably when I was about 11 (well, two years ago) and someone decided to throw my bag out a window, along with house keys, money, and six months worth of work. I'd just started a new school and went home crying my eyes out. Yet never told anyone. I was so scared it would make it worse.
But it doesn't- silence prolongs the problem.
I get alot of the usual name calling- especially remarks about my appearance. I guesss you just have to get on with it in the end...

Jess x
I remember when I went to a new school in 8th grade. My old school closed on my last year, so I had to go somewhere else and get a new uniform for just ONE year.

Luckily, I knew a whole bunch of people who were going to the same school with me, and all of us made new friends. There was even one time where I was telling jokes to 3 people I barely knew at one table during lunchtime, and we were carrying on as if we'd known each other our whole lives. Situations like those made me social.

Despite the name-calling I received from that boy in my class, I loved that school so much, that on the last day of school and graduation, I cried the whole way home. It'll have been 3 years in September since I went there, but I still miss it.

Afterwards, high school may have thrown a wet blanket on my old personality for two years, but I think I'm on my way to a better one.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 15th 2009, 09:58 PM

Hmm where should I start?

There was one girl in particular when I was about 9-11 who used to bully me all of the time. Made me feel so awful, used to come behind me and say how awful I was and that I might as well just disappear. Surprisingly enough I'm friends with her now.

Then when I was 12-13 in Primary school all the guys thought it would be hilarious if they all started to call me 'tree trunks' and 'thunder thighs'. I got shoved into walls, insulted on MSN, nasty text messages.

My 'best friend' told everyone that I got put into a psychiatric hospital. I trusted her with that one secret and she spread it round the whole school so they all knew that I tried to kill myself.

I've also received a lot of abuse from my step mum but I dont think I'll go into that....

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 15th 2009, 10:15 PM

So, you made friends with someone who used to pick on you?

I made friends with this one guy who used to chase me around after school and during lunchtime like a loon. He was nuts back then.

There was also a time in 2nd grade where a girl in my class said I complained too much about the 1st graders, who really got on my nerves. Right after recess, she kept saying "It was a horrible thing to do..." and apologizing, even after I forgave her and said it wasn't a big deal. I'm still friends with her, even after we fought over grades and friends in 4th, 5th and half of 6th grade.

I wonder if I could be friends with the people who hurt me these past 2 years. I wonder if I can see myself being friends with them in college, or outside of school. It's really hard to imagine, but people DO change...

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 16th 2009, 06:17 AM

I was a bully in grade 4,5,6...

But when i was in grade 7,8,9...

I was bullied made fun of everyday by those who i bullied and their friends.

After that in highschool... Everything was good. I made good friends. Became popular. And in university it got better.

The thing is... every school you go to things get better.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
anishift Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Anissa

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 16th 2009, 08:48 AM

Hmm. I can't think of a single "worst" thing, but I can think of a few that hurt me or left a significant negative impact on me..
During march of my seventh grade year, I was planning to go snowboarding with a friend and her parents. We were going to Utah, and I live in California. So, there would be no seeing any friends while I was gone of course. At the time I didn't have a cellphone and there wouldn't be internet where we were staying SO. Yea. I had a boyfriend at the same and on my last day at school until I got back (it was a Thursday) I went up to him and asked him for a hug. He never really talked to me at school after the first time we broke up (he broke up with me -_-) so I HAD to ask even though he knew I was leaving. So I did and he just said, "No." and walked away. He then proceeded to hug his girl friend named Alexis and tell her about how he didn't hug me. So I get home and I'm at my friends house getting ready to go and she IMs me saying, "Haha you're stupid. Bobby hugged me and not you!"
o_o... Yep. lol.

This one is going to sound stupid but.. lol. I used to play Neopets and I floated around a lot to different guilds because I could never really find one that suited me. Then I found a very small one with a few people and becamepretty cool with everyone there. One of them would always neomail me and ask how I was doing, etc. She was just very kind in general and understanding towards me, she was older than myself of course. Eventually we exchanged MSNs and started talking on MSN with ourselves and also other people in our guild. We always had something to talk about and I have honestly to this day never met anyone like her. She was amazing and understood everything and never judged me and would could both just be honest with each other all the time about everything. We also exchanged phone numbers eventually too. She's kinda out of my life now though... which is partly my fault of course but it really breaks my heart and now she is always playing games with her boyfriend so never really online lol. I'm not in love with her, but she is the love of my life and she knows everything about me. I miss her. So she didn't really do anything intentionally, but her absence breaks my heart, I can't really be myself to anyone but her.
  Send a message via AIM to anishift Send a message via MSN to anishift  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 16th 2009, 03:44 PM

I went on neopets a lot too! I still do, haha. I was neofriend_vic, but then I lost my password and email address, and everytime I asked TNT for it, they NEVER sent it to me. So, now I'm fooling around on a new acount I made just to pass the time.

Around 3 years ago, I made a friend there named poke_trainer_arielle(or maybe it was ariel), but eventually we stopped talking because she got her internet taken away.

I also got into tons of neo-fights in 6th grade with my best friend and her friend. They would team up against me and say that I hacked into their old acounts (at one point, they even SHARED acounts, which was against the rules), and later, another one of her friends made a guild, and in it, she said that I copied off of my best friend's guild. I confronted her in real life and she said, "Oh, it was just a joke."

That was so petty, you know? But it really pissed me off back then. Neopets basically just made us fight over neopoints, petpets, and virtual trophies. We'd send each other hatemail, or get other people to do it. Some of us even cried over it.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 16th 2009, 04:51 PM

I really couldn't pick out a specific 'worst thing' that someone has ever said or done to me. When I was in my old school I got bullied a lot, insults over my weight, my so-called 'friends' joining in with the laughter. Someone tried to put a coat hook thing through my neck by hitting and punching me against the wall, my 'boyfriend' repeatedly tried to push me through a glass window, when he couldn't do that I used to just get punched and kicked. I've had a lot of things stolen from me.

I haven't really been 'bullied' in the school I'm at now, just awful, bitchy, comments - they have probably hurt me more than the physical violence of my last school though. I've had comments. It really hurt me once when someone went to call me fat but then had to stop themself from saying it, I'd rather they had actually just said it. Comments about my clothes from 'friends' behind my back. People wishing I was dead. I've had people telling me stuff about where I live (people who shouldn't know anything) and that they're going to do stuff to my house and my family. The whole calling me an attention seeker because of my self-harm and depression was probably the worst. I hate how much stuff is said about me behind my back when people pretend to be my 'best friends'. It really used to annoy me how everyone would go out in a massive group and they wouldn't bother to invite me, too. Oh and I also hate it when everyone makes a 'friendly joke' but it goes on for weeks and it's actually just offensive.

One of the worst things was when the whole year minus 2 people told me they were having a 'meeting' just to tell me that I was a waste of time and that I did nothing. The teacher sat there and did nothing. After a couple of days, the teacher then proceeded to tell me that I 'ruin everything for everyone' and that she hoped I was happy. This was the same day that I'd finally managed to tell another teacher I was suicidal. I think that I felt the worst I have ever felt right then.

I don't know, that's just some of it. It's hard to actually think of specific things because there's been so many, I guess.

Last edited by Prozac; July 16th 2009 at 04:56 PM.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 16th 2009, 08:12 PM

Oh god. I can't even count how many times people have ganged up on me.

I remember when I got invited to a party by a girl in my class in 1st grade. It was an all-girl sleepover, so all the girls in the class were invited, except 2 of my friends. They weren't invited because they were 'fat.'

I really didn't want to go to that party, because I knew how that girl and her friends were. But I lived right down the street from her, so my mom made me go. She even went out of her way to buy the girl a gift and a card, so that she would like me, and I would fit in better.

I shouldn't have went to that party.

...They all turned against me. Around nighttime, we were bored, and there was nothing to do. We were seated at a table, and the girl who was having the party decided to start talking about people. Soon, the whole table was bashing people, and when my friends were brought up, everyone looked at me they noticed that I wasn't joining in. From that moment on, it was them vs. me.

They made fun of everything I said the whole night. I had trouble sleeping, and the next morning, the girl's father brought donuts. While everyone was getting them, I tried to sneak out of the house.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 16th 2009, 11:34 PM

When I was younger like around 12, these fat girls for some reason would come up to me and just make things up off the top of their heads and be like "hey, I heard you kissed another girl on the lips" or some stupid bullshit like that. And when a friend was mad at me in 7th grade she people I was bulimic. It doesn't really bother me but it was still shitty.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 17th 2009, 08:49 AM

i really don't like this thread.

mehh. i don't have a single worst thing tbh.. and even if i did i wouldn't want to write about it.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 17th 2009, 09:02 AM

In year six there was this guy... he walked past me once and yelled out "look at me, I'm having sex with Jess"... that was pretty unpleasent... then later he told me when he wanted a normal girl's opinion he wouldn't ask me... I got told once "at least she's zingy" - slang for sexy in my primary school at the time... then in year seven there was this group of guys who'd wait outside the front of my secondry school and when i walked past they'd all start chanting "jessy P marry me". God i hate it when people take the piss like that.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#26 (permalink)) Old
<:3 )~ Offline
squeak
Average Joe

Name: olivia

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 17th 2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiLeigh View Post
in middle school i was always insulted about my appearance. boys would tell me i have a moustache and side burns and that i would make a better boy than girl.
Weeeelll I think it's pretty clear who has the last laugh now

Hmm. Probably things relating to my intelligence. In a house where I didn't get much attention in between the yelling and all of that as well as where my dad chose to play tennis or golf opposed to spending time with my sister or me...I would have to say insults relating to my intelligence hurt me the most. Especially since I had a medical issue which resulted in brain damage...at times, I really do feel that a good mind is the only thing we really own and that it should be taken care of and preserved. To bring that down, to me, is the worst.

Live and let live.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
...and pitchfork red
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rosary

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 17th 2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiLeigh View Post
one question -- is the photo on your profile you? if so...paaah! you look very pretty. those guys were obviously gender-confused

anyways...
well, there was one guy who basically put me through hell through KS2 (grade 3-6 for you Americans). he talked about me to my best friend behind my back and sometimes he got violent. he told his little sister i was a b#tch so when she started she hated me as well, as did all her little friends. he said stuff to his mum -- i could tell because she was always very falsely bright around me.
but the worst thing he did? the single worst incident was calling me "London scum". even the rest of the class (within which i was not popular, i can tell you) were against that.

oh, hang on. i've thought of one step worse.
a little brat three years younger than me told her mum i called her a lesbian, when i can assure you it was the other way around, and besides she picked on my friends and i constantly and bruised all of us.
and then to make it worse, her blind and obviously homophobic mum came uninvited onto the school playground (tresspassing, might i add) and had a five minute go at me for being mean to her brat.
i was a pacifist at the time.

ugh. i stopped getting bullied after entering year eight and now i'm fine, though still very uncool
best wishes to everyone here.
r&r x

Have a free hug.

Why be stingy? Take another.

It's gonna be okay.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Paul. Offline
Average Joe

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 17th 2009, 05:05 PM

hm. I was so low in high school that it was pretty much in bad taste to pick on me or bully. In middle school I had a rare disease that messed up my face a bit. My nickname became 'vagina nose' as it had lost all its cartilage, and apparently when folded (since it could do that) it looked like.. well yeah. I guess it isn't one worst thing as much as it was years of discrimination and being less than other people that was rough.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Marli Mint Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 23rd 2009, 02:12 AM

I honestly can't name the single worst thing. I think, though, one of them would be when my dad asked me, "Why can't you do anything normal?!" It does not sound that bad, but after he said that our relationship changed. He's implied that i'm stupid multiple times since then, and gives me rather cold looks.
I'm rather small for people my age so I get picked on about that a lot. The fact that people expect me to be a little snowflake or (Excuse my language.) a sissy really bothers me, and a lot of people use that as my weakness. >_<

Look at me
I will never pass for a perfect bride
Or a perfect daughter

can it be
I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see
That if I were truly
To be myself
I would break my family's heart ♥

(#30 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 23rd 2009, 03:44 AM

Hmm...
First, in 8th grade, all my friends decided I wasn't trendy enough for them (They listened to MCR and Greenday and skated and were your typical stereotype. I wasn't) so they deserted me. Which, in itself kinda hurts. But they also convinced basically all my friends to do the same. At the same time this was happing, I had 6 of my friends and familly die in a span of 7, almost 8 months. I fucking hate those bastards now. They're lucky I've since moved, or they'd pay everyday at school.

Also, this one was unintentional, but when I think about it, it really quite hurts. It wasn't meant to hurt me, and wasn't bullying. But... I was feeling rather suicidal and was talking to my boyfriend, but instead of talking me out of it like he usually does.. He just kinda said goodbye. Even corrected me on my suicide method (won't go into detail of course) Perhaps it was because he realized I'm hopless, or maybe he was down himself, but when the whole incident was over, it really hurt to have someone you love give up on you like that.
Anyway.
Yeah.
(we've since gotten better about that stuff. That incident was really quite rare and has never happened)

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 23rd 2009, 12:12 PM

I've never had something specifically bad done to me just little things. I got many insults about my weight from my 'friends' and other members of my form. Many of the boys decided to make matters worse by groping me in inappropriate places when they knew I didn't like to be touched.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 23rd 2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing-but-regrets View Post
Hmm...
Also, this one was unintentional, but when I think about it, it really quite hurts. It wasn't meant to hurt me, and wasn't bullying. But... I was feeling rather suicidal and was talking to my boyfriend, but instead of talking me out of it like he usually does.. He just kinda said goodbye. Even corrected me on my suicide method (won't go into detail of course) Perhaps it was because he realized I'm hopless, or maybe he was down himself, but when the whole incident was over, it really hurt to have someone you love give up on you like that.
Yeah, that really does hurt. I've had a 'boyfriend' advise me on suicide methods, suggesting ones for me, telling me my method was pathetic and I was stupid to have done certain things (I should've done something worse). He told me that I should kill myself because it's what I wanted and it would make me a lot happier. Urgh, basically trying to mess with my mind.
It really hurts when you're trying to talk to someone when you're down and they just try and ignore it. I've also been told 'not to go and hang myself', 'you don't have rope in your schoolbag, do you?' and stuff like that by my friends...It was probably meant as a joke but it wasn't funny at all.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

July 23rd 2009, 07:38 PM

a girl i used to be friends with told me
"the next time you get depressed and sad which is all the time, i hope you cut yourself too deep) she also said "atleast we wont have to deal with you in the world much longer"
so she basically told me she hopes i kill myself and that i die
but this was a year ago
and im proud to say as of august i'll be at my two year mark free from SH

another thing my dad said to me a few weeks ago was that my sexual assault was no big deal and i need to drop it and lt it go
yeah, my dad actually brushed off his daughter getting sexually assaulted, now the assault happened while i was camping with him some 18 year old boy did it, he groped my breasts and my bum, and put his hand on my inner thigh. yeah after it happ[ened i ran over to my dad, and i said "dad i was just sexually assaulted" without looking up he says in a "whatever its no big deal tone" "well i'm sorry to hear that" i mean come on im his daughter, usually dads are pissed when another guy does anything to hurt his daughter. so my dad basically told me through his eyes and emotion "i dont really care, its not a big deal, so he grabbed your boobs and arse, boohoo i'll go call thw wambulance" i have never felt so hurt like that before,

PHILIPPIANS 2:15
Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be Gods children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.

Last edited by Unicorn.; July 28th 2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: merged posts

(#34 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 23rd 2009, 07:54 PM

I just constantly get comments thrown at me because of my appearance. I can't even walk through town most days without a comment. It's usually by stupid teenage boys being idiots, but even the other day some kid, who I bet wasn't even 12 said something. And I was so angry I swear I could have knocked him out! But that's not right.. What are kids like these days? It's shocking.

I think the worst though was when my then girlfriend (of over three years) got angry and commented on it. I was furious and upset. After it, she said she didn't mean it, and that she doesn't really think it, but I never really believed her. And there's someone, who I've known for years who said something about it the other day, not to me, but to someone I know. It's just, why do people do it?

(#35 (permalink)) Old
jetergirl165 Offline
holaaa
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: CC

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 24th 2009, 04:11 AM

someone told me i dont have a heart. it was because someone put up a poster with the twin towers and i totally blanked on the whole 911 thing. (im stupid sometimes) so she said "Wow, looking at that makes me so sad" and i was like "why?" and then she told me i dont have a heart and i was like WHAT?!?! and to this day she denies ever saying it. also my sister calls me fat all the time and says im a stupid little fatty but i dont think i am. it makes me really self concious and im afraid that people think im fat now. im not sure if i am though because my mom always just says im "perfect"

(#36 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 24th 2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Yeah, that really does hurt. I've had a 'boyfriend' advise me on suicide methods, suggesting ones for me, telling me my method was pathetic and I was stupid to have done certain things (I should've done something worse). He told me that I should kill myself because it's what I wanted and it would make me a lot happier. Urgh, basically trying to mess with my mind.
It really hurts when you're trying to talk to someone when you're down and they just try and ignore it. I've also been told 'not to go and hang myself', 'you don't have rope in your schoolbag, do you?' and stuff like that by my friends...It was probably meant as a joke but it wasn't funny at all.
I get told to kill myself or that I should die all the time. But it's from people that I hate and that hate me when we're arguing or something. Stuff like that. It's how people these days try to insult people. They just don't realize that some people already think that about themselves and that there's no need to really say it. Usually then I just shrug it off. Teenagers petty insults hardly bother me anymore. They're all the same crappy stuff.
I don't know I guess having him say it just makes it worse doesnt it? Because he was completely serious about it about it and stuff. I mean, he was hurt and sad that I was gonna die but didn't try or anything to stop me. He just wanted to say goodbye over the phone instead of text. like "Just let me say goodbye to the girl I love" Looking back I just think "then why the hell didn't you even try to stop me?"
Now I'm partly hurt, partly still surprised at his reaction. Every time before that and every time after he always tried and tries to stop me. Just wasn't a good night.
*hug* people really are stupid though. No one should have to put up with that crap.
My friends don't know shit about my... mental health. Though one probably can guess since she once said that she wouldn't be surprised if I had "A Tout Le Monde" by Megadeth playing while I'm killing myself. (I had made a shirt in tribute to it) That caught me offguard. Cause she was serious... Oh wells. (I ramble sometimes....)

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
RyanGuy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 24th 2009, 06:07 AM

When i was in 6th grade, my class was walking to the computer lab, and the teacher wasnt watching us. Well while we were waiting outside the door, the kid behind me grabbed my head the slammed my forehead hard against the window. It hurt, and i slid down the wall holding my head. Then he slammed the back of my head against the wall, which was stuccoed, and it hurt almost as bad. Then teacher came out and yelled at me for banging on the window, and didnt even look at the kid who did it to me. I was crying cuz of the pain, but i guess she thought i was crying because she was yelling at me.

And the worst part was, my friends just stood and watched because they didnt want to be seen helping me. And if i was in their position, i would have done the same, which is also horrible.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
chaosfactor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mims

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 24th 2009, 06:47 AM

worst thing? uhmm,,
my best mate told me i was going to burn in hell for trying to commit suicide

she doesnt believe in god.
im a christian.

i guess theres loads of things everyone can say though, the best part of getting it off your chest is that it doesnt hurt as much. things don't look as bad on paper (or the net, whatever)
  Send a message via MSN to chaosfactor  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Broken-Wings Offline
DontFixMe'CusImNotBroken
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Broken-Wings.

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 24th 2009, 12:58 PM

The person who bullied me for two years, got 60 people, from year's 7, 8 & 9, to block me into the library, where there is no escape, and she got all those people to try and beat me up because " i look like a fat man " Apparently. still haunts me to this day

Live.Laugh.Love xox

When Nothing Goes Right, Turn Left.
  Send a message via MSN to Broken-Wings  
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: What's the worst thing someone said/did to you? - July 24th 2009, 01:58 PM

I have been wished dead many times which I think it is a horrible thing to say to anyone.

I have also been bullied a lot and they would always pick on the size of my nose, even people I on't know just passing in the street have shouted stuff like "hey concord"
It isn't that bad but it had made me self conscious about my nose and it is something that has stuck with me for years and I feel it always will. I even considered surgery because of it.

The worst thing done to me was probably the time I got punched by someone I didn't know. I was walking down the corridor in school and some boy kept trying to kick me but he kept missing because I was walking away and then I stopped at my lesson and was waiting outside for the teacher and he came up to me and punched me in the face. I didn't know his name and I didn't have the chance to see what he looked like and I hadn't even seen him around before. The school caught it on security cameras but he got away with it. They rang his Mum and she did nothing and he was suspended from school for 4 days which was more like a reward for him because he hated school and skipped all the times.

Also once I had broken my leg and I had just got the cast taken off and I was sitting in school with my foot on the bar of the desk and one by came over and stood on my foot bending it over the bar until my ankle couldn't bend anymore. My leg had to be put back in a cast for an extra week. Like the other boy he got away with it too. I hated my school.

Closed Thread