TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VoodooChildx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 3rd 2009, 11:35 AM

Hey

Recently I have experianced some girls in my class who think they are better than me because they have boyfriends and can do back flips and sports. I'm a typical geeky girl who reads books. But it's not just me my friends also get the same stick but they are alot stronger at dealing with it and I will bottle things up until I explode and it's not pretty site. Do you ever feel like the world is closing in on you because of some horrid comments you get from stuck up girls that if you cut off all their hair they would look like boys? Luckily I have friends but sometimes it gets too much. What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 3rd 2009, 11:38 AM

I know how you feel because I've been in your position before. Just ignore it, as hard as it maybe just don't give them the satisfaction of upsetting you with their comments because that's what they want. If you don't let them get to you, they'll most likely get bored of it and stop doing it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 3rd 2009, 12:40 PM

Unfourtuantly those girls are pretty much in every school. And I really cant stand them. They think there better cuz their rich and popular stuff like that but their really not. Remember that whatever they say or do their still not better then you.

I would just ignore them the more you react the more they do. They start messing with you just walk off with your friends. You dont need to deal with them they can get over themselves.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ladyninetyfour Offline
<3 Utterly Invincible <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bex

Wink Re: Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 3rd 2009, 04:08 PM

Hey babe
I know exactly what you mean (and who for that matter). I completely agree with what you guys have said. You need to ignore them if you don't know how to fight back. And in any case, you know I've always got your back in a fight.
luv u
xoxox Bex xoxox

Where there's love, there's hope
You cannot destroy me!
xoxox PunkRoxS9 xoxox

Last SH: 03/08/09
  Send a message via MSN to ladyninetyfour  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Magicalisland Offline
Human being
Junior TeenHelper

Name: E. Brill

Re: Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 3rd 2009, 04:51 PM

God, I hate those kind of girls! I totally sympathize. I am geeky and rubbish at most sports too. Girls like that tease me at school all the time. I think the best thing is to not let it bother you too much. I think most girls don't really like their boyfriends and just have them to improve their social status. Besides, while those girls are prancing around like idiots; you'll be getting studying and getting good marks and ultimately ending up more successful than them.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 3rd 2009, 05:59 PM

Hey,

Yupp. Those kinda girls are DEAD annoying! I find either ignoring them, or using intelligence against them works...

They hate when you say something smarter than them....xD

Just thank mother nature your not one of those kinda girls eh??

Claire

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Girls that think they're better than everyone else - August 5th 2009, 10:08 AM

Hey

The best thing to do,as everyone has mentioned , is to just ignore them! Girls like that are everywhere, and I do sympathise here- I know how uncomfortable it can make you feel! But, really the best thing to do is try and not let it get to you.
Have you thought about talking to your friends about it? It sounds like they know what your going through. The worst thing you can do is bottle up your feelings- as you mentioned it gets pretty messy sometime!

I'm going to close this now, as the advice is all pretty much the same. If you need anything, feel free to PM me =)

Best of luck, Jess

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

Last edited by Unicorn.; August 5th 2009 at 10:16 AM.

Closed Thread