TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cookie.prose17 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Cookie

What brought you back? - August 7th 2009, 03:47 PM

All of us have faced some sort of abuse, and for those of you who have pulled through, how did you do it? How did you survive a "social death"? How did you deal with losing a friend, and having that person turn on you? How did you stand up for yourself, and put an end to it? How did you accept everything, and move on with your life? How did you forgive the people who hurt you? How did you become happy again? How did you make new friends? What brought you back?

Tell your story. Serve as an inspiration to victims of peer pressure, abuse, and bullying. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: What brought you back? - August 11th 2009, 09:51 PM

hmm... A few years ago, 8th grade, a lot of bad shit happened all at once. Worst year of my LIFE. For starters, I had quite a few friends and family die within an impossibly small time period. 6 people, in 7 (almost 8) months. So I already felt alone enough as it is. On top of that, my family was just starting to fall apart. Parents fighting, brother very angry all the time, all that jazz.
But the most hurtful part that made me loose all faith in humaity, was that a few of my best friends decided "Hey, she's annoying and isn't trendy enough for us. Lets completely ruin her life"
(I'm not making that up, we've argued and they basically said EXACTLY that)
So these 2 to 3 girls convinced all my friends and people I hardly even hung out with, and people I hardly even knew that I wasn't cool and not to talk to me. Soo... for a good half the year, over half probably, I had zero friends. People hated me, for reasons I couldn't figure out. I didn't know it was all their doing at the tim. Not till later.
ANYWAY... back to that. no friends. yeah. had to enter high school alone and afraid.
The next year, my freshman year, started out hard. I was still confused for much of the first few weeks why they all hated me. So I hung out with a few people that forgot not to talk to me. Probably only because they were high all the time. They wern't a good group of friends either. A lot of them didn't even like me I don't think, and like I said, did drugs and alcohol all the time to be cool. Toward winter break I started to make new friends. People that my old groups didn't like or hated. But they were better. Didn't do drugs all the time and accepted me for my wierdness and hyperness. A few of them have since drifted because of me moving all the time, but one of them is my best friend and boyfriend now. So yeah. That's my 'recovery' story. I ramble so it's probably longer than it needs to be. or should be.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: What brought you back? - August 11th 2009, 10:30 PM

Nothing 'brought me back' per say, I have never had strength to fight back (and probably never will) but I'll always had the strength to put up with things. School was (and still is) hell for me but everyday I learn to put up with it because I know it ends in a year and my life is my own. Sorry my story isn't all that great.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What brought you back? - August 12th 2009, 01:41 AM

When I was in the 16 in grade 11, an ex girlfriend of mine spread rumors through the school that my dad beat me, raped me, and just generally hated me. All that sort of bullshit. It was to the point that I had teachers coming to me asking me if I needed someone to talk to, or if they should call the cops.

I dealt with it by throwing myself into my artwork, I thrived in art class that year. Just focussing on something I was good at helped me forget all the people who were talking about me and my so called "personal life". Also, I got my first tattoo during this time, and they became my obsession. Many good things came out of it. We all just need to learn to not let others opinions of us get under our skin.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: What brought you back? - August 13th 2009, 09:35 PM

I'm with Faith on the whole, nothing has 'brought me back' thing. I just learnt to deal with it. People will talk shit about you no matter what flaws you seem to possess. Everywhere, everyday, someone will be picked on due to a certain 'flaw'. I was picked on for many things throughout high school and even primary school.

I hardly ever fought back because i was weak, and bullies enjoy intimidating weak people. I knew i was weak and i believed everything the bullies said, they turned me into a wreck. To this day, i am still a wreck, but i've learnt that i am a better person than they will ever be because they have to pick on others and torture others physically and mentally to make themselves feel better. I just have to pick up my guitar, do a painting, read a book - to make myself feel better. I am a better, stronger, person because of the abuse i was put through. What got me through each day was the fact i was learning something at school - and my bullies weren't on my level intellectually so i at least gained some satisfaction from that and knowing i would go on to do something good with my life; no matter how condescending and harsh i seem.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Leo Offline
Average Joe

Re: What brought you back? - August 21st 2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze_akeboshi View Post
All of us have faced some sort of abuse, and for those of you who have pulled through, how did you do it? How did you survive a "social death"? How did you deal with losing a friend, and having that person turn on you? How did you stand up for yourself, and put an end to it? How did you accept everything, and move on with your life? How did you forgive the people who hurt you? How did you become happy again? How did you make new friends? What brought you back?

Tell your story. Serve as an inspiration to victims of peer pressure, abuse, and bullying. I'm sure they will appreciate it.
First of all I was homeschooled until the middle of 4th grade so I pretty much didnt have many friends to begin with. Once I was put into public school I was immediatly picked out as being weird and as a target. I was a vegan which didnt help matters as far as being different was concerned.
anyways that continued for as long as I lived there. After 5th grade I moved and started over and it started happening again. I was picked out and mocked and harassed. Actually fighting off the bullies brought some relief but then someone bigger would just start again. A few years later my best friend and the girl that I had fallen in love with hung herself and I just happened to walk into her room while she was doing that. I tried to save her but couldnt get her cut down fast enough and she died in my arms. After that I pretty much lost my mind for several months. I had nightmares and I really don't remember much from that time period. I do recall one time when one of the bullies made a comment about "Ashley"(that was her name). He said how stupid she was for doing that. I remember punching him and then all I remember was seeing red. Then after that I had a cop pulling me off him and there was an ambulence there. I had to go to jouvi(cant spell) court and the judge made me talk to a counselor. The counselor didnt help at all. At that time I was pretty much austracized from everyone. Eventually I started coming out of my coma like state. After that I pretty much just shut everyone out and decided that I would never again let myself be weak. After that I just made myself deal with it. I dont think I ever forgave the people that did that to me. I have made a few friends tho. they did help me out a lot.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: What brought you back? - August 21st 2009, 07:29 AM

So I've been bullied a lot for the fact I'm half blind ... "one eyed monster / cyclops" etcetc. When I broke up with my first serious boyfriend [I was with him 17months] who had been lovely about it with all the "I think it makes you unique / more beautiful" etc. started to join in with the jeering from others. It came close to killing me, I was low enough from the bullying and the break up and then for him to join in ...
Anyway what brought me back was something that someone on here said. She told me that I was lucky, that I would always know who my true friends were because anybody who cared about my disability obviously wasn't a good friend. Much as this made me realise that a lot of my 'friends' were true ones, it also made me appreciate my true friends a lot more.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What brought you back? - August 21st 2009, 01:24 PM

I never really 'came back.' Okay, so maybe I felt a little better over the summer because I was away from school (and everyone that goes there), but I still feel like I'm 'dead' because there's a cloud of harassment hanging over my head. The only way I'll 'come back' is when high school ends, and I'll finally be free to be myself again.

Closed Thread