TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angelina Offline
not in use
Not a n00b

what to do .. - August 20th 2009, 04:01 PM

I have been bullied ever since i can remember. I don't exactly know where this thread should go. Under bullying or under depression. But, it really gets me down. and the only reason i feel this way is because of my teeth. i do need braces (really bad) and people are constantly making fun of me. thank god i graduated high school in june. but i feel like its going to be a continuous thing, even in jobs and college and such. i wish people got to know the true me INSIDE not just out. i don't feel pretty at all. I understand the people that really do love me.. will love me for me. and right now my girlfriend seems to be the only one. I wish my family had more money and i would take care of this problem. it's just really hard. when i am in public i try not to talk so i don't get made fun of. i don't understand why there always has to be constant bullying. i fail at standing up for myself, so i guess thats a problem too. it took alot to post this so anyone that could help, i would appreciate it.

<3
  Send a message via AIM to Angelina  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Staceyanne Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: what to do .. - August 20th 2009, 04:38 PM

Hey, I used to had really bad teeth too, and people used to say stuff too, but I find that people in the lower schools have that immature bullying sense going about, where they pick on anything. But when I went college everyone was surprisingly mature and theytreat you like adults, and that immatureness goes.
And you added me on MSN, and on your display picture, you are indeed very pretty so you have nothing to worry about. As I said older people are much more mature so they dont take things like bad teeth into account, I find that they do take the time to see your true colours and personality.
But I'm always around, and on MSN so whenever you wanna chat I'm here for you ok.
take care
x
  Send a message via AIM to Staceyanne Send a message via MSN to Staceyanne  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: what to do .. - August 20th 2009, 04:56 PM

Hey,

I would have to agree with Stacey when she mentioned younger people being more immature. I find that the older people get, and the higher you get in schooling - the less looks matter and the more people begin to get to know you for you. It's horrble, that people would judge you based on something so silly as teeth. People shouldn't be judging you at all. We have spoken for a little bit, and you a truly a lovely person . If people waited to see that, they'd be lucky to call you a friend.

Sometimes, getting over these things isn't about changing the thing people make fun of. It isn't even about standing up for yourself all the time. It's about accepting yourself for who you are and knowing you're better than the people who make fun of you. You don't want people like that in your life anyway. I know you need to wait a little while before you can fix your teeth, but try learning to accept it until then. We're all beautiful in our own ways, and that includes you too Angelina. You need to learn to accept yourself first, before anyone else can be expected to. If you do change, make sure it's for the right reasons. For yourself and not for others. There will always be people who don't accept others. And everyone finds someone who can't accept them. But that's their loss, and your not to blame. Be yourself and remember that the really good people - the ones who are worth sticking around for, come when you least expect it. Try to smile and be yourself all the time, be confident about who you are because who you are is amazing and needs to be let out once in a while . If you ever need anything, PM me dear.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: what to do .. - August 20th 2009, 06:11 PM

Hey Ang.

I know where your coming from with this. My teeth have always been awful, and yeh, I get quite alot of stick for it. But I'm going to agree with Stacey here- it's always younger , immature people that seem to point it out. As harsh as it sounds, they'll always be some people that make it they're sole mission to dragothers down,for whatever reason. You have to try and ignore it. Rise above it, and as Melissa mentioned learn to love yourself for who you are. I haven't spoken to you yet, but you seem like such a lovely person, abnd if others can't see that it's there loss really!

Try and just ignore it. People do love you just as you are, so hold onto that. Belive in yourself, becuase you are beautiful

Best of luck, and do drop me a PM if you need to.
Jess x

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Angelina Offline
not in use
Not a n00b

Re: what to do .. - August 20th 2009, 09:39 PM

thank you Melissa, Jess, and Stacey for replying.
i will take your advice into consideration.
means so much, thanks girls
  Send a message via AIM to Angelina  
Closed Thread