TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marli Mint Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 12th 2009, 03:48 AM

Ever since I started school I have been bullied one way or another.
Even in kindergarten, I often got taunted for how small I am. I'm a 7th grader right now, and i'm 4"7. I recently had a growth spurt, but i'm still smaller than everyone else.
When I was in the 2nd grade, I probably experienced the worst group bullying of my life. One guy, that I really liked and never stopped even when he did this, would gather up almost our whole class and they would laugh at me. They would make threats at me. I never made a friend that year, and because of no one being in my class I had no true friends.
I have really low self-esteem, I'm struggling with severe depression, and to top it all off I have an un-diagnosed eating disorder. I feel like crap lately.
When I started middle school 5 weeks ago, I would start crying before school. I skipped school once because I had a panic attack in the parking lot 10 feet from the school.
Most of the other students there don't like me. I can tell just by the way they look at me. I'm a nuisance to them. I've never done anything to them. I would get on one popular girl's accidental bad side, and then rumors would get spread, and automatically I'm a freak. I've been called a freak more than once. I've gotten the loser sign. I hate this. I start crying at night because I dread the next day. I hate school. I don't want to go there anymore. I don't know what to do anymore. I wish I could move away, and start over. I've considered asking my parent's to switch schools because I really can't take it anymore.
I don't know what I could have done to anyone. I'm one of the shyest people you will ever meet, and tend to stay in my little box. I'm a bit random at times, but these people, i've done nothing to them. They just hate me. Most of them won't even look at me with a straight face.
I know I write a lot on TH, i'm sorry. I know this sounds over-dramatic, but i'm just trying to describe how I feel.

Look at me
I will never pass for a perfect bride
Or a perfect daughter

can it be
I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see
That if I were truly
To be myself
I would break my family's heart ♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 12th 2009, 05:24 PM

Hey there

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such bad bullying experiences. Unfortunately, bullying is something most kids deal with at some point in their lives. So, please don't feel like you are all alone, there are many out there who can truely understand how you are feeling.

Although transferring schools may be an option, it isn't always. Either way, I really believe that it is better you hang in where you are. Things will get better, once you get to know some people. And yes, you will meet people. It's just natural for us to eventually talk to someone. Even having a couple friends can really make the difference in this situation. Running away from your problems only makes them worse in the long run.

Okay, so, talking to a teacher about it is alwaysan option, but not always the best one. Sometimes telling a teacher or principal can really backfire on you, and I'd hate for you to be the victim of even more bullying because you're a "rat" or "snitch". If you tell a teacher, or principal, just ask them to pay attention to what is going on, and take action where they feel it's needed. That way, if something happens, they can't pin it on you for ratting them out.

It's good that you're thinking of talking to your parents about this, they should really know what goes on in the school. So many parents are out of the loop now, and by telling them, you will feel better by getting it off your chest, and htey will be happy you feel you can trust them.

This is not your fault, in any way, shape, or form. You did nothing, and you sound like a lovely person. Just try and remind yourself that you did nothing wrong, and that it's their own problem. What other people say doesn't matter, it's how you feel about yourself. Try volunteering in your community, that is a great way to feel good about yourself. Also! Join clubs or teams at school, that makes it a lot easier to meet people, especially people with some common interestes

Try it, and see what happens.
Take care of yourself, and don't be shy to PM me if you ever need to talk
-Dylan.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 12th 2009, 06:09 PM

I have a friend thats just as small as you and there cute as a button as im sure you are.Try sticking it out for awhile at school sometimes things get better but if not than see if you can change schools.When you already have low self esteem things will seem a lot worse but always they get better in time. good luck.
if you ever need to pm anyone im always here
-Lots of love Lili

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*alex* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: alex

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 14th 2009, 09:28 PM

ive been in the same thing and still ambut not hight ... a medical problem (non meantal affecting) and they label me as dumb and such well i dont care why do you care what ppl tell you right they can say all the empty words but only listen to the ppl you wanna listen too they arent worth listening to so chill

either way ingore them as far as geting ppl to go against you stay near a teacher till they stop then do as you wish it will stop and worset case (only when you ARE labeld as below germ to them) you can allways change schools

and how old are you you might get the title youngest on teenhelp(give a rivalry type eye)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mittens The Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mittens The Cat

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 15th 2009, 06:04 PM

OK look if it cant get worse, it will get better It's not your fault that your being bulied Tell a teacher or somthing...
  Send a message via Skype™ to Mittens The Cat 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 15th 2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juplm View Post
OK look if it cant get worse, it will get better
Actually, I wouldn't follow that quote. There have been times when I think life couldn't get worse, and then suddenly, a close friend ignores you or a pet dies. If you go around saying, "It can't get any worse!" ...well, that's like saying, "you're in the worst position!" which might not be true.

There is something you can do about this, though.

I know you want to stop being bullied, but telling the teacher on your classmates won't completely stop the bullying, and it won't help you get friends. To get friends and make a higher esteem of yourself, forget about impressing your rude classmates and move on.

Sometimes you just have to transfer schools; that's the best option for getting away from school bullies. Some people may say it's running from your problems, but no one deserves to wake up in the morning and know that they're gonna be lonely and outcasted, and that their entire day is going to be ruined because of assholes. I'm going through it right now, and I hate witnessing the popular kids always with friends. It just kills me.

Also, you said you considered telling your parents to switch schools? Tell them right now! I regret not telling my parents sooner; maybe then they could've helped me get away from my bullies. If they say 'no' the first time you ask them, explain to them everything you explained to us on here.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
margielone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 17th 2009, 02:48 PM

you are NOT alone, most people are bullied at some point in their life, you need to get help - CONSIDERED telling your parents is too tentative. march up to them and show them this post, maybe you can write a letter to them explaining clearly as you have done here the problems you have.

i'm sure they will be heartbroken to realise that you needed to swtich schools but didn't tell them sooner. good luck!!!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
rriot132 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Meera

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - September 30th 2009, 09:47 AM

Hey. Im so sorry to hear about your bullying. I HATE it when people bully others. It makes me so mad. But its something that happens to everybody during their life.
Maybe you should talk to a teacher about this.
When a new student comes to your school, try to make friends with them straight away so you can have somebody to talk to.
If all else fails then really talk to your parents about switching school and tell them all your problems.
If you ever want to chat then just pm me.
Best of luck! xx

мєєяαα. ♥
εvεryτhing ι do fεεls lικε ιτs wrοng...~
http://gonerogueforever.tumblr.com/

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Cazzum Offline
Helper
Average Joe

Name: Callum

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - October 1st 2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki500 View Post
Ever since I started school I have been bullied one way or another.
Even in kindergarten, I often got taunted for how small I am. I'm a 7th grader right now, and i'm 4"7.

I know that sounds bad right... but I'm in my last year of education and I'm 4''9... =/ I know, it's awfully hard.

"If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die" - Genghis Khan

If you need advice:
PM

Send a message via MSN to Cazzum Send a message via Skype™ to Cazzum 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
hidmemory Offline
Average Joe

Name: Hid

Re: I'm so tired of this happening. . . - October 3rd 2009, 12:10 AM

Wow, I went through the exact same thing, only I think it was because my weight.

I was extremely shy in middle school, and in elementary school was always taunted because I was known as "blubber girl with glasses" I went home and talked to my mom about the whole thing, and she alerted the principle of the school, it turned out that the kid that was the one that triggered all the taunts had a real bad home life, and he enjoyed the attention my suffering gave them.

Once I reached high school though, things got alot better for me, I learned how to stick up for myself, and eventually the kids left me alone.

What is so amazing is that the kids who were always tormenting me became my friends, once you get out of the middle school stage you will be just fine.

I have been through all the same exact stuff you are going through, and look how I turned out? Popular and outgoing, I have even dropped weight.

Do not worry about what those kids are doing to you, and do not let them get you down.

Just turn the other cheak and ignore them. After a while though, if they are still giving you a hard time I would talk to my school guidance counselor, I found that she never stepped in and punished the kids, but gave me some real good valuable advice and alot of help.

Like I said, do not let anyone get you down, if you ever need to talk, you can message me anytime.
  Send a message via MSN to hidmemory  
Closed Thread