TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlexAttack94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

All Middle School This Bad? - September 15th 2009, 03:46 AM

A few years ago when i went into sixth grade, i was at a terrible school for kids with very bad behavoural problems (the school actualy did not tell my parents that aspect of the school, and we found out when i started at the school, i was the only one without a severe problem at the school) anway, the kids were horrible to me and to eachother. i witnessed kids getting their heads stomped on the curb of the road. their faces smashed in car windsheilds, and i got punched the hell out in the middle of the street and then kicked several times in the stomach before i could get up. i also have had kids treating me like dirt 24-7. now because of my sixth grade experience, i started having severe stomach pains, which caused me to miss my seventh grade year, then when i was 14, i had to repeat seventh grade, a grade i went through with no freinds and many bullies. and now im going into eighth grade as a fifteen year old, and everyone thinks im a freak, and they all make fun of me but im not the type person who is going to beat up a kid, im against violence. it is truley sad that the only 1 girl who ive ever gone out with was in fifth grade, and she hasnt talked to me since we both changed to diffrent schools. and not only have i not had a gf, i havnt had a good friend i could talk to in years. all this has caused me to fall under a deep depression over the past few weeks and now that school started, and everythings going the same as the last few years, i am going to snap anytime now... i just cant take this anymore, the next time someone says somthing to me i dont know what i am going to do, i hate my life for many reasons, (i havnt even mentioned that i have extreme family problems) and i think that if somthing dosent change this year, im either going to hurt somebody, or hurt myself, and either way, i dont want that to happen. so im just wondering, are all kids this mean?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: All Middle School This Bad? - September 15th 2009, 03:43 PM

Hey Alex, I am terribly sorry to hear that you are going through all this

I know from exprerience what your going through, I to was bullied for the majourity of my childhood. But if there is one thing I learned it's this.
Never let them get to you. You said that you are nearing the urge to snap, well thats just what they want. You need to find an outlet for that hatred and anger, for me it was writting.

Do you have any sports you like or any hobbies that you can keep your mind off things when your down in the blue? Also, maybe talking to your mom or a teacher about whats going on and maybe they can do somthing. If it's really bad you could always ask your mom if you could change schools this year or when you graduate.

As for hurting somone or yourself, please, don't do that to yourself. I may not know the whole situation about the family issues going on, but I am here if you need to talk. Just send me a PM or message me on my profile and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

The most important thing to do is know that your not alone, there are many kids that go through what you are.

As I said I know all to well what your going through, and I know exactly how hard it is. But you can't give up, not even for a second. You mustn't let them get to you. You need to ignore them or think what they are going to be like in 20 years when they're going back to school, and your working at a job with a family or somthing. Just try and think of the possitives.

You can always come on here and talk to me and everyone else, we are here to help, and we care about your well-being.

Please keep us posted and as I said. I am always here for you if you need to talk. Take care, and hope to hear from you again soon Alex

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: All Middle School This Bad? - September 27th 2009, 11:05 PM

stay strong, dont hurt anyone including yourself. that wont get you anywhere and you'll regret it. i didnt have the time to read the entire thing (SORRY) but i promise things WILL get better!! good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: All Middle School This Bad? - October 4th 2009, 04:11 PM

Hey Alex :] Thanks for posting this here- I know it can be quite hard to open up sometimes, especially to a load of strangers! I'm sorry I'm a little late getting back to you on this, but I hope I can help you out.

The short answer, is no. There are plenty of kids in the world who are perfectly nice; like yourself! Never forget that this isn't your fault. I know it is awful, and I don't think it's something anyone should have to go through with it.

I know sometimes it can seem that everything gets too much; you said yourself you feel like you want to snap. I'd really advice not keeping it to yourself. Going through something like the situation your in own makes everything even more difficult for you. A friend, someone your close to, even maybe a teacher? Maybe they can't do anything to stop it, but at least people are aware of the situation your going through, and they can support you through this.

Don't take this out on you. It's not your fault, and don't let them drag you down. Your an amazing person, just being you, and don't ever forget that. Your so strong for not giving up through all of this, and I do think you should be proud of yourself! SH, isn't the answer, although I know it can see like a good way of coping sometimes. You might want to check out this thread- [Alternative to Self Harm], not just to take away any urges, but I find it's really good at keep you preoccupied when you're feeling down.

Another thing you might want to check out is our Peer Pressure and bullying resources [here] There's some websites on there that have lots of information, and even sometimes people you can talk to.

Have you ever thought about talking to a teacher, police, councilor or something similar? I know it can be very scary, but I believe you can do it. The more people that know what’s going on, the more people there are to look out for you, and that's got to be a good thing?

I'm going to close this now, but if you want any more information, or just need someone to talk to, you can message me anytime. My inbox is always open. Take care of yourself, and I wish you the best of luck in everything.

Jess x

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

Closed Thread