TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Post Bullying & celebrities - January 23rd 2009, 01:08 AM

BULLYING & CELEBRITIES

For me one thing that always kept me going was knowing - I wasn't alone. Knowing that many people went through it, especially those who were more into the arts. I'm a screenwriter and I was constantly harassed for that, but now my future is on the fast track. Plus numerous films have bullied characters, or those who are bullied returning as Mr. Big. Hell, you can ever hear about it in many songs. So whether you're the next future film guy or rock'n'rolla or even Bill Gates... keep true to yourself and focus on the future. Because in the end, that's the best pay back of all - moving on and being someone, rather than sitting back... below are a couple of quotes:

TOM CRUISE

I had no really close friend, someone who understands you. I was always the new kid with the wrong shoes, the wrong accent. I didn't have the friend to share things with and confide in.

So many times the big bully comes up, pushes me. Your heart's pounding, you sweat, and you feel like you're going to vomit. I'm not the biggest guy, I never liked hitting someone, but I know if I don't hit that guy hard he's going to pick on me all year. I go, 'You better fight.' I just laid it down. I don't like bullies.

Let me tell you what happiness is ... it's being able to confront and overcome problems. It's not running away but trying to see life in its full glory.

CHESTER BENNINGTON (LINKIN PARK)

I got knocked around a few times when I was younger, I was even more awkward looking than I am now. I'm a pretty thin, scrawny looking guy. High School was pretty rough for me, I mean, I had a lot of friends but there was also a lot of people who really didn't like me. I found myself defending myself a lot and it was rough. So yeah, I had my fair share of getting tossed around like a rag doll.

It's extremely emotional. It can really effect a person's self-esteem.

I was a nerdy kid at school and then I was a punkin' rocker on the other half of the valley and I think most of the bullies I probably knew during high school have grown up now and probably wish they weren't the pricks they were in high school.

CHRIS MARTIN (COLDPLAY)

I bumped into a guy who used to give me hell at school. He was a bully who always said I wouldn't make anything of myself. I had great pleasure asking what he was up to now. He wasn't up to much. Then I turned around and said, 'This is my wife Gwyneth (Paltrow).' His face dropped and he looked really embarrassed.

It was a proud moment. I'm not one to get my own back and look for revenge - but that was pretty sweet. I wasn't the happiest at school. I was quite geeky. I was a bit of a swot and just wanted to do music.

CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY

I had my two front teeth knocked out by a sixth grader in first grade. He picked me up and jacked me in the mouth. My house got egged, and all that stuff that happens to you when you're growing up with people who don't understand what's going on.. I hated high school, to be honest. I enjoyed the educational part of it; my teachers allowed me to be creative. But I didn't have any friends, because I didn't fit in.. I thought past high school to what I wanted to do.

JESSICA ALBA

No one gave me a second look when I was growing up. I was the sort of girl who other kids wanted to avoid. I was this incredibly shy, awkward child with buck teeth and a thick Texan accent. I hardly ever spoke up, because I didn't want to draw any attention to myself.

I definitely go for the shy, nerdy type of guy. I'm pretty wary of really good-looking guys and as an actress you work with so many gorgeous men you become completely immune. Deep down, it's probably because they were always the ones who ignored me when I was younger.

I was bullied really badly at school. My dad had to walk me there so I didn't get attacked. I'd eat my lunch in the nurses' office so I didn't have to sit with the other girls. I'd get beaten up and picked on all the time. It was about being different and not fitting in.

I tend to feel suspicious of people when they're friendly to me. When I was young, I always had to be on my guard.

TIM ROTH (Incredible Hulk: Abomination)

I was quite the bullied kid at school, so somebody who’s a victim of that, you have to recognize when there’s danger around. And I was pretty good at spotting it when it walked into the room or before it actually hit. I suppose having experienced that for many years when I was at school, when I got the chance to play somebody on the other end of it, I knew what I was doing. Just, you know, plenty of psychopaths in the schoolroom. And I wasn’t a fighter. If you can’t defend yourself, you’re a walking target. So (I) learned to get into other people’s minds, and I also learned to run.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; January 23rd 2009 at 01:21 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Bullying & celebrities - January 23rd 2009, 04:21 PM

Thanks for posting that, Josh! That was great :]
I'm sure it'll provide comfort for many.
cheers!

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TibbySkye Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tibby

Re: Bullying & celebrities - January 23rd 2009, 04:27 PM

I knew about the others but I never knew Jessica Alba was bullied.
Her quotes hit me hardest.
Thanks for posting this.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Bullying & celebrities - January 23rd 2009, 08:28 PM

Tom Cruised was bullied wow never knew that poor guy

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Bullying & celebrities - January 25th 2009, 09:03 AM

This shows that it doesn't matter how pretty, clever or talented you are, bullies will find a reason to pick on you anyway. To anyone out there being bullied - this shows you there is nothing wrong with you! Bullies are cruel and will make you feel small because they are jealous of you and its them that have the sad lives and will grow up to be failures, not you.

Well done for posting this, I hope it gives confidence to a lot of people

(#6 (permalink)) Old
R.K. Offline
Sweet Lord of the Rings!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Bullying & celebrities - January 25th 2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
This shows that it doesn't matter how pretty, clever or talented you are, bullies will find a reason to pick on you anyway.
Yup.

Interesting post.

Send a message via Skype™ to R.K. 
Closed Thread