TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

im fed up - October 12th 2009, 08:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im fed up of being bullied and picked on by local kids because of how i dress, i dress 'emo' so the local kids all shout comments at me like, 'do you slit your wrsits' 'wrist slitter' 'you slit your wrists' 'emo' 'very colorful' or they just start laughing at me, they also gang up on me, and try to steal my things, and follow me home, and they also try to beat me up. i have tried telling the police but they dont seem to do anything, neither does my mum i have told my mum but she didnt care so i gave up. im just fed up of it, there can be anything to 3 - 10 sometimes more than ten of them all ganging up on me. they do sometimes take my things and run off with them but they give them back. they also ask me to go for quick ones with them in the bushes (sex in the bushes). i tell them no and walk off but they follow me. i have had to shout at them a few times which i hate doing i have aslo had to tell them to F off once or twice. i even threatend to call the cops on them and still continue, theres nothing i can do to stop them, im out numberd theres more of them than there are of me. the kids are like 14, im 19 so i feel really pathetic going to the police or really telling a tutor at college. i just feel so pathetic, and useless and fed up and upset, i just want them to leave me alone. i feel so tempted to that when they next tell me 'go slit your wrists' to stand there right in front of them and get my saftey pin out and just slit my wrists right in front of them. maybe then they will be sorry, i dont know what to do anymore, ive tried telling the police they dont want to know, ive tried telling my mum she dont care, and they get me in a open field with houses one side and theres a road aswell, and people see them gang up on me others walk threw the field and dont bother to help they just let it happen. im just fed up, hurt, upset, annoyed, and i dont know what to do, im so fed up i thought once i got out of school the bullying would stop it did'nt it never has i hate it and i want them to stop. do i take things into own hands and try to take on ten 14 to 15 year olds all at once ? or do i just let them get on with it,? i just dont know what to do. they have also videod me on their phones. i know what school they go to, where one of them lives, and one of thier names, and i also have a mobile number for one of them, and a msn adress for one them. so its not like if i did tell the police - that they couldnt get hold of them or anything, i really dont know what to do, should i try telling the police agian or take things into my own hands ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rismis25 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jess

Re: im fed up - October 12th 2009, 10:24 PM

The only thing I can really tell you is that I am sorry that there are jerks out there and always will. I have problems with "R" and a kid i remember to the this day from 2nd grade still harasses me. I try my best to ignore him and think he is just an F'n Prick. I say if you feel best talkin to the police again talk to one you havent too yet I just wish you luck on how it turns out. Keep me informed and I will try to help some more if you like.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
powerbomb91 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ghghghghghghghghg

Re: im fed up - October 14th 2009, 08:16 AM

why dont you put in there place show them you older and your wont tolerate crap like that. dont say all polite be assertive man but dont loose your cool. ask them wtf there deal is man. show them your the boss dont hurt them intimidate them. ( not in im gonna kill you way, but in a come and see wat happenes way) ...hope this help dont be afraid.
  Send a message via Yahoo to powerbomb91  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: im fed up - October 14th 2009, 06:34 PM

Hey Lydia.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment. Nobody deserves to go through what's happening right now, and you shouldn't have to put up with it like this. It's intimidation, it’s harassment, and it's really not nice!

You shouldn't feel pathetic about asking for help. I know it can sometime seem quite awkward in your situation, but there age doesn't change what they're doing. Find someone who will listen; a friend, a teacher, even the police in this occasion. It doesn't make you a lesser person asking for help. This needs to stop, now, before it gets even more out of hand love.

I wouldn't advise taking things into your own hand. 99% of the time, it only makes things worse! Keeping it bottled up doesn't make things easier. You need someone around you can talk to, even if no action is taken. Check out this thread [here], our Peer Pressure and Bullying resources sticky. There's even more detailed information on what to do, how to talk to people, and how to get this stopped. It needs to be taken under control before you get hurt even more Lydia, and you shouldn’t be afraid to stand up for yourself!

Try not to let them drag you down. Being "emo" is only a bad thing in there eyes. Be proud of yourself just as your are, cause you are amazing! You've proven to yourself, and to everyone your strong enough to tolerate this, but it can't go on forever.

Keep us posted on how things go, and remember we're all here for you anytime you need us!

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 14th 2009, 07:48 PM

i have college tommrow and i have been thinking about telling my tutor about them, but if i do that she will ask questions, and then i will have to explain to her why thier comments and some of their comments get to me more than others do, and then when i explain that she will be cross with me because in my student pack for my college there was a question on something and it was do oyu have any mental health problems self harm, aniexty, depression ect, i put no, which is a lie because i do, i just didnt want to tell her, but if i tell my tutor about the kids she will also find out about the s/h and probably tell my mum and my dad. i wish i could tell the police they never do anything though but i might tell them not sure. i will probably give telling my tutor at college a go, she comming to my work place tommrow so i could tell her at work that i need to speak to her about something at college. i dont know, i cant even walk a different way home because of where i live whichever way i go i have to go past the field.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xander Offline
Average Joe

Name: xander

Re: im fed up - October 14th 2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisschatterbox View Post
im fed up of being bullied and picked on by local kids because of how i dress, i dress 'emo' so the local kids all shout comments at me like, 'do you slit your wrsits' 'wrist slitter' 'you slit your wrists' 'emo' 'very colorful' or they just start laughing at me, they also gang up on me, and try to steal my things, and follow me home, and they also try to beat me up. i have tried telling the police but they dont seem to do anything, neither does my mum i have told my mum but she didnt care so i gave up. im just fed up of it, there can be anything to 3 - 10 sometimes more than ten of them all ganging up on me. they do sometimes take my things and run off with them but they give them back. they also ask me to go for quick ones with them in the bushes (sex in the bushes). i tell them no and walk off but they follow me. i have had to shout at them a few times which i hate doing i have aslo had to tell them to F off once or twice. i even threatend to call the cops on them and still continue, theres nothing i can do to stop them, im out numberd theres more of them than there are of me. the kids are like 14, im 19 so i feel really pathetic going to the police or really telling a tutor at college. i just feel so pathetic, and useless and fed up and upset, i just want them to leave me alone. i feel so tempted to that when they next tell me 'go slit your wrists' to stand there right in front of them and get my saftey pin out and just slit my wrists right in front of them. maybe then they will be sorry, i dont know what to do anymore, ive tried telling the police they dont want to know, ive tried telling my mum she dont care, and they get me in a open field with houses one side and theres a road aswell, and people see them gang up on me others walk threw the field and dont bother to help they just let it happen. im just fed up, hurt, upset, annoyed, and i dont know what to do, im so fed up i thought once i got out of school the bullying would stop it did'nt it never has i hate it and i want them to stop. do i take things into own hands and try to take on ten 14 to 15 year olds all at once ? or do i just let them get on with it,? i just dont know what to do. they have also videod me on their phones. i know what school they go to, where one of them lives, and one of thier names, and i also have a mobile number for one of them, and a msn adress for one them. so its not like if i did tell the police - that they couldnt get hold of them or anything, i really dont know what to do, should i try telling the police agian or take things into my own hands ?
when they say summots walk back at them straight up to the one that said it, and push him over or summots, they'll never hit a girl, trust me ive been there on the other side unfortunately

XANDER

am i in love? or am i being used?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
powerbomb91 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ghghghghghghghghg

Re: im fed up - October 15th 2009, 01:03 AM

they will never hit a girl ...if they do there are fucken cowards. ...im not telling you to hit them but in a fight you van push all you want and not get introuble.
be brave whatever you do dont brake down.
  Send a message via Yahoo to powerbomb91  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 15th 2009, 01:51 PM

in a fight, i would get mullered theres one of me and about ten of them! my tutor didnt come to my workplace today so i didnt get to ask to speak to her at college tonight. i will just have to hope shes at college tonight.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: im fed up - October 17th 2009, 11:07 AM

Hey again.

Just so you know, I'm real proud of you dear. Best of luck talking to your tutor; I hope she manages to sort everything out for you!
Another note, I really wouldn't try picking a fight with them. Just my opinion; I know it's unlikely they'll hit you back, but to me it's never worth the risk, especially on your own !

Wish you all the best!

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 17th 2009, 06:25 PM

she didnt come on the thursday, but on firday she came into my work and didnt even speak to me! but on the way home from work on friday some people told me they had seen some kids set fire to a tree when they described the kids to me i told them i no them they harras me and cause trouble, the people who i spoke to are complaining to the school but i dont think the school will do much as its out of school, but the people i spoke to are complaining about them vandalising and bunking off school. if it come to it i could complain to the school but i doubt the school would do anything, i dont plan on fighting them as i know i would be out numbered and they are not all boys its a group of girls and boys.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
ThoughtManifest Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im fed up - October 18th 2009, 07:58 PM

First off, I really hope this gets resolved soon for your sake and I'm sorry it ever happened to you in the first place. But I don't see why you'd have to tell your tutor about your s/h, it's enough that the kids are harassing you, you don't have to tell her that there is any truth behind their claims. I understand why you would like to keep your s/h a secret, and that should be possible since in this case it doesn't matter what you are doing, it matters what those kids are doing. If they ask about it then ask them why it matters when talking about the situation at hand.

This is not to say that you shouldn't get some help for your s/h, but I'm sure you already know all of that so I won't get into it. I see no reason for your tutor to know about it and s/he is a little nosy if s/he pries for the information. I hope that helps. Keep going strong and keep staying safe, it's the least you can do until these kids are taken care of. Good luck

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 19th 2009, 04:49 PM

i know, but the thing is she has seen cuts on my arms before so she will put two and two together and get 5, plus i feel bad for putting in my student pack 'no' to the question do you or have you been diagnosed with depression aniexty or self harm i put no as my answer. the kids saw me today not all of them, but because it was outside a shop where there were lots of people they just laughed at me, they didnt do much its the main gang leader that really gets to me along with two others.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 24th 2009, 09:48 AM

i spoke to a community support officer yesterday about what the local kids were doing, he told me you can either do two things and they are walk another way home, or change how you dress.

i dont see why i should change the way i dress to please some local kids, and change the way i walk home just to please local kids apart from the fact there is no other i can walk home. i just feel like whenever i go to the police they give me ways to avoid them i try avoiding them and stuff but it does not work. i dont see why i should change how i dress just to please local kids, should'nt i be allwoed to dress how i wana dress and not be harrased and picked on for it or have to change the way i walk home jsut avoid them ? and i just feel like whenever i go to the police they just dont care, its like theres nothing the police can do to stop them, i try telling the police and they dont listen or dont anything, what do i have to do for the police to do something ? im scared because its getting to the point where im scared to leave my house to go to work, im scared to go out in case i see them, im spending all my time at home. its half term next week and im scared to go out because the kids will be there and they will pick on me, i even missed the opportunity to get a job at my local supermarket because i am too scared to leave my house in case i see the local kids. the police have done nothing, is there anything else i can do, i have tried telling the police and they just dont want to know, i dont know what else to do.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: im fed up - October 24th 2009, 06:12 PM

Wait, if you're in college, you don't have to come home all the time, right? Do you live on campus? If you don't, I would seriously think about doing it.

Or, since you're old enough, get enough money to rent a house somewhere else. You shouldn't have to come home everyday to a bad neighborhood like this one.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 24th 2009, 06:26 PM

in the uk its different, college is where you dont live on campus college is like one up from school, so its like school just not school. its different here college is like school but not school, so you go and come home agian.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: im fed up - October 24th 2009, 06:40 PM

Oh jeeze...you should honestly go to a college in America or Australia for 5 months. Like a Study Abroad trip. You can go on those, no matter what college you go to, on campus or off...

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: im fed up - October 24th 2009, 07:56 PM

i iwsh i could i have not got the money to do that, also my college is a training college where you go once or twice occasionly three times a week in the evening the rest of the time i have to be in work place earning money working 5 days a week.

Closed Thread