TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Angry RUMOURS!!! - November 2nd 2009, 07:15 PM

I might be able to put up with it now but with rumours flying round about me.. GRR.. Everyone is saying I have headlice.. which to be honest I DONT! They all say I am a loser, I got told to go and kill myself today.

But I am still SH free and NO STUCK UP BITCHES WILL CHANGE THAT..

but what should I do?

"Aww How Sweet!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: RUMOURS!!! - November 3rd 2009, 12:38 AM

firstly, well done on staying self harm free and not letting these people change that!. rumours can be really difficult to deal with. trust me, i've had my fair share of horrible rumours spread about me and i know how much it can get you down. it's easier said than done.. but really, just ignore these people. if they have nothing better to do than make up stupid rumours about you then that just shows what kind of people they are. don't let it get you down..

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: RUMOURS!!! - November 5th 2009, 07:13 PM

Hey Secret.
I know it really isn't nice with any rumors going round, and that it is a hard thing to deal with, and that situations like these do have a tendency to spiral out of control! It's not fair you're going dealing with this right now, but really there isn't a whole lot you can do I'm afraid!

Mainly, just try your best to ignore it. Things like this may seem everywhere for a few days, but rumors do die down after a while, I promise. If things get worse, or you feel like something is getting out of hand, it's important there's someone you can talk to. Telling a teacher, or adult you trust, or just someone that can keep an eye out for you really does make a problem lighter. Don't deal with this entirely on your own; having people around you can look to for support makes a whole lot of difference!

I'm proud of you for managing to stay SH free! It takes a special person to deal with rumors like that, and stay strong, and you should remember that! You've had to deal with things your peers won't even think about; and you are a better person. Don't let them drag you down! Stay calm, and use any coping methods that have worked for you in the past if you annoyed or angry. Strong emotions like hits are completely normal, but I know they are a little worrying. Don't let them control you 'kay?

Keep us updated if you need anything else. My inbox is always open, and I'm here to listen Best of luck.
Jess x

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

Closed Thread