TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katniss♥ Offline
Just A Freak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katniss

They Did This To Me... - November 11th 2009, 02:04 AM

Heres a quick (and somewhat long version) of what happened to me.

In grade 6 there were 4 people who made fun of me so bad. They kept one joke going about me for months. 5 months. And the WHOLE CLASS except for 3 kids were in on the "joke". When a girl came up and told me she felt bad. I asked why.

She told me about the joke and how long it had been there. When I told the teacher, only one kid out of the 4 main people who made it up apologized with no punishment at all.

It wasn't only that joke. They targeted me for years. But it was the worst grade 6. All the fat jokes and jokes abut the music I liked or how I dressed. They never understood what they had done.

I'm in grade 9 now, and I still feel a grudge. It's been so long, but they never got what they deserved! Even now, 3 years after, when they see me, I can feel them staring at me.

I don't think they relize that my life has been changed because of what they had done! I can't trust people anymore. It made me suicidle for awhile. And they triggered my depression.

I can throw the blame at them all I want, but still, they won't apologize. They told me that holding a grudge this long was stupid. But I feel like I have to hold on. What they did was wrong, and the proper justice wasn't served. I'm stuck in this pool of anger.

I want to see them fall from everything they believe they are. I want them to know what they've done to me.

Is it okay for me to still be angry like this?

I see them walking home from school, and all I want to do is lunge at them and ruin them.

It's been 3 years, but I feel like they need to get what they deserve.

How do I handle the anger and resentment towards these people?

♥ My Chemical Romance ♥

Bob Bryar, you may have quit My Chemical Romance. But the sounds of the drum at the end of Welcome To The Black Parade will echo through our hearts.

♥ Bob Bryar ♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fresco Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: They Did This To Me... - November 11th 2009, 05:37 PM

It's normal to be angry at people after they have done something to you, especially if they don't apologize or if they give you a false apology. Holding grudges is tough- it's emotionally exhausting. It makes sense to hold a grudge but it can hurt you. Three years is a long time. If your feelings of resentment are still so strong then you should really try to move them out of your system someway. Some common ways to get rid of anger are: running, working out, getting involved with something that is so actively engaging that you dont even have time to be mad. Or you can write up your angry thoughts and then angrily rip them up (preferably over a trashcan so you dont have to clean up afterward lol).

Living with a grudge is normal and people can do it, but it's really holding you back.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: They Did This To Me... - November 13th 2009, 07:28 PM

Live your life and ignore them. Focus on the good things in your life or else this grudge will hold on to you your whole life. Just ignore them, just live your life like they don't exist. Bad things happen to good people but the break you want from all the trouble will come. Once again, don't pay attention to what they say it only encourages them. Just live your life, i know its not good but if you let them take the joy away from you, it will hurt even more. Just ignore them and continue your life. But don't do anything to them, you will regret it later.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: They Did This To Me... - November 13th 2009, 09:32 PM

Jacksonian's right! Good things do come to people who are down on themselves...and once something good happens in your life, trust me, it will feel like a miracle. Whether it's making new friends or reclaiming your own identity, there is NO better feeling on this earth than when you've won against the people who said you couldn't do it.

Attacking them won't help. After three years, don't you think they've forgotten about you? I would focus more on myself and do everything I could to make myself a better person. Don't just be yourself- go beyond the standards you set for yourself. Make yourself better than them- that's all you need to do to win.

Closed Thread