TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Feelings to describe bullying. - November 14th 2009, 11:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

First off, I want to say that this isn't a post where I'm asking for help. This is just my description on what the worst feeling in the world is. I've felt it before, in fact, I feel it everyday. And now I want everyone to know what it feels like to be outcasted.

What do I want you to know? That nobody should EVER have to feel like this. I'm making it my lifelong goal to stand up against bullying. Even if I'm the only person who's brave enough to try. Even when society is against me, heck, even if it's me against the world.

(Warning: the following is REALLY triggering.)

No one should ever have to go through this:
-Getting up everyday for school and knowing that you're going to be dehumanized in some way.

-Knowing that it's not your fault for people disliking you- you're just 'different,' or a 'late bloomer.' You didn't ask for their hatred, and you don't deserve it, either, for the things that makes you who you are. And you shouldn't have to change yourself for ANYONE. Yet you feel like it's your only option to have anyone care about you.

-Or, on the other hand, knowing that there's nothing you can do, no matter how hard you try to, to prevent yourself from being ridiculed.

-That everyday after school, you come home, wanting to cry, and nobody notices. Your parents don't care about your school life- all they care about is your grades. To them, you feel like a robot. Emotionless.

Anyone else have any other feelings or thoughts that they use to describe bullying? It's ruined my whole life, but it made me realize my dream. Why I'm alive- to fight against this. This is my story. What's yours?

Last edited by Unicorn.; November 15th 2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Marked as triggering

(#2 (permalink)) Old
heart_of_yang Offline
dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ai

Re: Feelings to describe bullying. - November 14th 2009, 11:48 PM

what you descibed is bullying to a tee

lifes full of reasons
with out any
reason that
you have to
find.
  Send a message via AIM to heart_of_yang Send a message via MSN to heart_of_yang Send a message via Yahoo to heart_of_yang  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Feelings to describe bullying. - November 15th 2009, 03:11 AM

Thank you! I've experienced these exact same thoughts for the past 2-3 years, so gosh darn it, I better get them right!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
...and pitchfork red
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rosary

Re: Feelings to describe bullying. - November 26th 2009, 05:07 PM

You've described it very well.

I would add...
The overpowering feeling of being trapped in a circle: because you have no friends, you are bullied. Because you are bullied, you have no friends.
Knowing that if you just had someone to stand by you, it would make everything so much more bearable.
Believing it will never change. Unable to see a life without bullying.

I've gotten through years of bullying, and now have a tight circle of friends and an "invulnerable" persona.

Love to all,
r&r xx

Have a free hug.

Why be stingy? Take another.

It's gonna be okay.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Feelings to describe bullying. - November 26th 2009, 11:16 PM

Thanks. But personally, no matter what I do, I feel like I'll be bullied forever, actually. Nothing's going right...

Here's another thought: Even when the bullies aren't here, I still feel like a loser. If they saw me right now, they'd laugh...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Feelings to describe bullying. - November 28th 2009, 05:25 PM

where i live if you dont dress how most people in my area dress you get picked on and harrased, and i told the police and all they suggest is 'dress like them ' its like is'nt that just letting them win as such ? in school i was bullied for being different and good i obeyed the rules ect so when i stop obeying rules i still got bullied, in the end i put it down to the fact that everyone thought i was a teachers pet and a geek.

Closed Thread