TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tenspeed131 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

True Friends? - November 15th 2009, 12:49 AM

So, last year I had sort of a downfall with a couple of friends. We got into huge arguements and just pretty much hated each other. They treated me like crap, I was their "tool". They would make fun of me, when I said something it was always stupid, and I was never fitting in with them. They were horrible "friends", plain and simple.

Well, things cooled down and we all started talking and there were no more problems. But there was still something left. Over the period of time, they started nasty rumors and killed my reputation. I'm now known as the creeper kid who has no friends. I have plenty of other friends, by the way.

Anyways, this is still happening. I'm still known as that. And no matter what I say, it doesn't affect anyone's opinion. So, all in all, I'm hated for stuff I didn't do, and I don't know how to make it stop. And I don't know if I should talk to these kids. One is moving and the other is going to be desperate for a friend so, I'm sure he expects me to fill the place.

I don't know what to do. If you have any questions ask me, I was brief with this.
  Send a message via AIM to tenspeed131  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jiggi Offline
Not a n00b

Re: True Friends? - November 15th 2009, 01:11 AM

Unfortunately, rumors are horrible things, but people love them, and believe them, probably because it makes their lives more interesting. The trouble is, it's a lot harder to build your reputation back up, and stop people believing the rumours. In my experience, the main thing to do is to not let it worry you. Your true friends will believe you and know the truth, why should it matter what other people think?

As for these "friends", I don't know what they're like and how things are between you now. If you spoke to them about the rumors are they likely to make things worse?

x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: True Friends? - November 15th 2009, 01:21 AM

First of all if he expects you to be his friend thats just B.S. on his part because he should know that what after he did theres no way you should want to be friends with him with that said.

Rumors happen, I was hated for something I never said and know one for got it at all. Everyone at school pretty much hated me and made fun of me just because they felt like it, and theres nothing you can do to change that at all.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tenspeed131 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

Re: True Friends? - November 15th 2009, 03:34 PM

I have talked to them about it, they say they told people to stop, as if they had control over them. I knew they were lying. I've been hearing that they still talk about me behind my back.

Regardless, I pretty much made a statement to the kid that I don't want to be friends with him. He knows what he did, and he still has not apologized for it. I guess I just have to deal with this, I can't really say too much to stop it.
  Send a message via AIM to tenspeed131  
Closed Thread