TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Guess?

? Idk. ? - November 16th 2009, 08:36 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

There are these boys who go to my school. They also ride my bus, and I can't drive to school because my dad won't let me. These boys, make me cry almost everyday. They say awful things, and they get everyone to write hate letters to me, they tell me they wish I were dead. It's hurtful. And I feel numb to it now but I still hurt a lot from it. They've been doing this to me since kindergarden. But they've been starting to use physical violence. They repeatedly punched my head, and threw sharp objects at me (thankfully none of them hit me), and they pushed me down two flights of stairs at lunchtime. I went and talked to the principal, but he said, "It's a phase that all kids go through. Just ignore it and they'll stop! It's as simple as that!" I don't know.

Am I over-reacting and need to get over it? Or is this more serious than he's (the principal) saying it is? I don't know, they don't mean to kill me, just make me cry. I don't think they mean anything by it though. Idk.

I love : )

"Love is simple... Don't be afraid, you're already dead."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tenspeed131 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 16th 2009, 11:28 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this.

no, this isn't a phase. You have a right to be upset. you really need to tell someone. I suggest you talk to the principal again because this is so wrong on way to many levels.Talk to your parents or your guidance counselor.

Do you know why they do it?
  Send a message via AIM to tenspeed131  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 17th 2009, 01:06 AM

Thanks. They said they do it "Because it's fun" and "Because it's fun to pick on the fat ugly girl." Yeah...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tenspeed131 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 17th 2009, 01:36 AM

That pisses me off. You don't deserve that at all. Tell someone as soon as you can. No one should be treated like that.
  Send a message via AIM to tenspeed131  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 17th 2009, 07:20 AM

Keep telling people until someone listens. Your parents, guidance counselor, principal, teachers, bus driver...EVERYBODY.

This has to stop. Avoid them altogether--see if you can coerce your dad into letting you drive to school, or take the city bus if possible.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Inventor Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 19th 2009, 03:29 AM

Find a friend who is tougher then these kids. Tell that friend they are getting on your nerves. Your friend stands up.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 19th 2009, 04:17 AM

Fuck no you aren't over reacting. Your princapal sounds like one of mine when I told him about my bullying to he's just like ohh Frankie get over it. And get are school is supposed to have a zero bully tollarance. My advise to you is go tell a teacher or a school counclor that you trust and know will do the right thing and help you I would also tell them what the principal said.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 21st 2009, 01:16 AM

Alright, thanks everybody. I had some (and by some, I mean 10) of my friends (who are all seniors) go and talk to these kids, and now they don't even look at me! It's great! They didn't make fun of me at all for the past few days! Yay! Thanks again for the advice, it was very helpful (:

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: ? Idk. ? - November 21st 2009, 04:46 AM

I'm so glad to hear that this had a happy ending!
Anything those obnoxous kids said is null and void due to the fact that they're just dumbasses, plain and simple. They have no right to make you feel bad and I pray that it didn't get to you
But I'm so glad to hear that your friends took care of it!

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

Closed Thread