TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Average Joe

Name: Clara

Is that just racism? - November 22nd 2009, 06:24 PM

So I'm living in Belgium, a country (in Europe) that's divised in two parts: Flandres, a dutch-speaking part and Wallonia, a french-speaking part. I live in Flandres, but my mum's from Wallonia. Problem is that lots of Flemish people hate Wallonia because of politics. Beside that, there are lots of immigrants.
Well, I have always had respect for other's thoughts, but I hate racism. And at school there are quit a lot of racists. That's not so bad, but there are some students at school who are just... freaky.
Last year they were only three, but now they are ten. Everyone who join them, comes to school one day with his (they are all boys) hear shaved or colored in blond and with blue lenses. And then they begin to write and grif nazi-symbols everywhere. Everyone hate them, is afraid of them.
And lastly, they began to vise my best friend. They bullied him and told him really bad things. I came up for him, but now they vise me too. I'm continuouing to come up for my friend, but now they say really freaky things to me, they bully me and threaten me. I'm scared of those neo-nazis.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
snappydog Offline
Whimsical Nocturne
Average Joe

Name: Chris

Re: Is that just racism? - November 22nd 2009, 09:15 PM

Yeah. That is just racism - and bullying too. Only a very, very sad person, or someone who isn't totally right in the head, would act like that. This whole Nazi impersonation thing is pretty serious - do any adults know about it? If not, I think they probably should.
It's great that you stick up for your friend - keep doing that! Eventually they'll hopefully realise what sad w***ers they are and just leave you alone.. if not, this sounds like a serious matter that needs to be reported. In the meantime, I suggest you find people who don't like what these neo-Nazis are doing, and all stand up against them. Safety in numbers - if there's only ten of them and you can find twenty people who don't like this whole Nazism thing, you're sorted, at least for a bit.
Good luck - but remember, although reporting stuff like this to adults is never a nice thing to do, it is actually a really good idea in situations like this.
Racism is never acceptable.

It's no surprise that you'll soon forget about me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jamie :) Offline
was broken_inside
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: Is that just racism? - November 26th 2009, 03:22 PM

This is pure racism. It is disgusting that things like this still happen but that is the world we live in today. It is also bullying and this should never, along with racism, be tolerated. It seems like this isnt just about a few minority people but a gang culture that is starting in your school and the teachers, or other adult you could speak to, need to be aware of it.

It is great that you are strong enough to stick p for your friend and shows that you have the balls to do something to stop these idiots ruling! I agree with Chris about finding others who are against them, they are in small numbers now and so should be easier to snub out then what they could be if even more join up.

Personally I think you need to inform an adult as it could become alot more serious, but also keep doing what you are doing

Jamie x
  Send a message via MSN to jamie :) Send a message via Skype™ to jamie :) 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Is that just racism? - November 29th 2009, 05:54 PM

Just steer clear of them.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Inventor Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is that just racism? - December 1st 2009, 04:31 AM

Inquire about their beliefs because they clearly make no sense.

Closed Thread