TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Thumbs down i don't know how to stop! - January 4th 2010, 12:59 AM

so, i'm not going to go into detail on the back-story here, i'll just start by saying that basically my mom lies to the doctors so they put me on meds based on something i don't have and no matter what i do i can't get anyone to let me stop taking them. if i refuse to take them then my mom threatens to put me in the hospital, and i'm just about ready to just go.

see, the huge problem with the meds is that they make me really angry ALL THE TIME. the slightest thing makes me furious. which wouldn't be too too bad because it would just be a personal thing, except i've been so mean to my friends...and they all love me and i love my friends with all my heart but sometimes i just lose control and i was so mean to one of my friends at winter formal and this other girl i'm a good friends with i called a bitch and i regret it so much but i haven't even seen her since then so is it proper to still apologize or should i just forget it?? and i can't stand being so mean to them, i mean, i'm ready to just start ignoring them so that i won't hurt them anymore. i love my friends, i really do, but i'm stuck on the meds until i move out when i'm seventeen and i don't know if i can let myself continue being mean to them for the next 4 and a half years. if no one replies to this i think i'll just refuse to take the meds and let my mom stick me in the hospital, just so i can't hurt my friends anymore. and i've told the doctor about this at med checks and she's just like, "okay, well, we'll just continue how it's been going" and i'm so fucking sick of hurting my friends and i just want to be able to love them the way they deserve to be loved. there's a lot of other stuff wrong with my life but this is the worst. what do i do? i can't stand being such a bad person!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 4th 2010, 01:33 AM

Ok there’s either something you’re not telling us, or your moms a sick person!

Lying to get you on medication, did you tell the doctors that part? If I where you I’d stop taking the meds (Depending on what there for) if your mom threatens to take you to the hospital tell her that’s fine.. you’ll call child services because lying to get you on to medication is sick they'll get to the bottom of it for you.

Guaranteed your mom cant push them around.

If the meds aren’t for you and you know that go to a doctor and explain your whole situation.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 4th 2010, 02:11 AM

I'm not trying to blow things out of proportion here, but what may be going on with your mom is something called Munchausen by proxy. It's a form of child abuse in which the mother or caretaker fakes symptoms in their child in order to gain sympathy from the doctors. There is a memoir written about it called Sickened--you may want to read it. These other issues with your friends and whatnot are obviously stemming from the meds, which stemmed from your mom telling the doctors things that aren't true. I would talk to her about it, or if it gets worse then talk to a teacher, pastor, friend's parent, etc. Good luck! PM me if need be.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 4th 2010, 03:18 AM

urgh! i just showed my mom the munchausen by proxy thing and she LAUGHED! she LAUGHED AT ME! argh i hate her so much! what a bitch!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmyIsLegit Offline
(:
Average Joe

Name: Amy (:

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 4th 2010, 10:28 PM

First of all. You need to tell somebody. In real life, or stop taking the meds. That is terrible your mother is doing that. It's just.. not right.

Second of all, You should apologize to your friends. Just tell them you are going through some stuff at home, and that anything you say, you don't mean. I think they will understand!
  Send a message via AIM to AmyIsLegit Send a message via MSN to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Yahoo to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Skype™ to AmyIsLegit 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
diamondprincess Offline
DiamondPrincess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlyn

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 4th 2010, 10:36 PM

if you feel that the meds are not for you the you need to tell your doctor that in front of your mother because that is just wrong. if the doctors dont listen the tell a friend or a friends parents or a teacher or trusted staff member. im not trying to disrespect your mother but shes crazy. taking tons of different medications can cause you to get sick or be addicted to them and trust me you dont want that.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 5th 2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
Ok there’s either something you’re not telling us, or your moms a sick person!

Lying to get you on medication, did you tell the doctors that part? If I where you I’d stop taking the meds (Depending on what there for) if your mom threatens to take you to the hospital tell her that’s fine.. you’ll call child services because lying to get you on to medication is sick they'll get to the bottom of it for you.

Guaranteed your mom cant push them around.

If the meds aren’t for you and you know that go to a doctor and explain your whole situation.
Agreed with Ryan1. He said it well. If you truly don't need them then don't take them and let her take you to the doctor. Let the doctor examine you and tell the truth about anything he asks you. And if you are correct and you don't need them the doctor shall see that.
Also, a background story would be better as I agree with Ryan1, that there is something you may not be telling us or that your mother is sick.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 5th 2010, 08:49 PM

Tell a teacher or a doctor asap.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: i don't know how to stop! - January 7th 2010, 12:45 AM

Thanks Jacksonian!

SuburbanTiger- Perhaps a good place to start would be to talk with year teachers and tell them the situation tell them everything, even that she laughed at you. Also Ask for help and rest asured they will know how to deal with the situation apporpereately.

Closed Thread