TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

What am I doing wrong? - January 9th 2010, 02:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I get bullied really badly in school, my whole class hates me, even my so called best friends.
Ever since I started, well, when I first started everyone liked me, everything was fine. Alot of people asked me out and everything, I said no all the time. After that they just turned completely horrible to me.

The boys werent nice boys, so I said no cause of that, they were te ones that stayed in council house and that there parents were like junkies and stuff, it ws quite horrible. Anyway there supposed to be 'cool' and like there are some girls in the class who act like neds, and chavs, and well, We were fine at first until I stood up to her for making fun of this girl. Afteer that her and her disciples have never left me alone.
She pushes me in the shower, nudges me when I walk by, calls me names laughs at me.
The boys push me down the stairs, push me of seats and benches, spit on me, kick me, kick my chair, call my name every day of every hour in every clas, stuff like 'tinker' and a dog. Everyone humiliates me laughs at me in class and when someone is bad in class and there told to come sit next to em the entire class goes 'OOOO UNLUCKY!!!!' everytime they pass me they always go 'ew' aswell.

Theres this boy I really like, my best friend and I were talking bout it and she said no i dont like him Id never go out with him. I trusted ehr andthen they day I have to go home cause I hit my head of a table she asked him out, I know she can go out with who ever but before that she embarresed me infront of him she dragged me away from him told him embarrising secrets.

She was supposed to be my best friend. Everything is going wrong, theres so many big massive groups of people that hate me,

All I do is goto class do my work, anwser questions and move on. Im not harming anyone.

I had to get taken out of school cause the school isnt doing anything. Im going back to the exact school and im just so terrified because I can just hear al the stuff there going to call me when I go back. I just cant deal with it, after all I have so many other problems im deailing with.

I dont know what to do, what do I do when I go back?! Im so nervouse.

I hate my life.

P.s I was bullied in primary school for 6 years. I even had 2 eating disorders. I have lost almost all my confidence. I need help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 9th 2010, 08:19 PM

Hey there TwilightPrincess. Sorry for all the trouble.

First I suggest you get something that really makes you happy and brings joy to you so that you may have something that gives you a break from the world.

Now onto the problem. Now you say that you haven't hurt anyone, that is good. Don't look for fights or anything bad just keep living your life. And good work standing up for someone who was bullied also.

Next, teenagers/children can be rough but they are not invincible. Don't be afraid of those people. Live your life. And those boys who bully you, stay out of their way and when they try and push you off chairs, let them have it. Take care and don't let them push you down the stairs. Stand your ground and don't fall but don't start a fight either. As they call you names, let them call it and ignore them, don't shout back or do anything, just live your life. And when the entire class goes and says unlucky so and so let them say it. Let them say what they want, let them think what they want BUT IGNORE THEM AND FORGET THEM AND LIVE AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE. If they are bullying you just for being a good person, then ignore them and go on with your life. Let them say 'ew' if they want to. JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE AND IGNORE THEM.

NB : If it gets extremely bad, worse than what you have said then it is time to leave that school and go to another.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 9th 2010, 08:39 PM

Its hard to be hapy ad joyful when Im having suicidal thoughts every single day and minute and second im there, I just want to run away and cry. I cant goto a new school as well.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxxAJxxx Offline
TEIAM - problem solved.
Average Joe

Name: Aj

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 9th 2010, 10:47 PM

if you are having these thoughts, maybe you should discuss it in the suicide/depression forum...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 10th 2010, 03:27 PM

I have though...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
victoria-louise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 10th 2010, 04:20 PM

It sounds like your having a really hard time at school. It must be really upsetting for you to have to put up with this especially as you have been dealing with it for such a long time.

Maybe you should speak to your teachers or parents about what is happening as they may be able to help put a stop to this.

It seems like you feel like you were let down by your best friend and maybe you should speak to her about how what she has done has upset you.

Next time someone says something horrible to you, you could try ignoring what they say or at least not letting them see that they have upset you. if they dont get a reaction they may stop picking on you.

You really dont deserve to be picked on like this and i really hope things work out.

i dont know if this helps but good luck

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Chrisitna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samantha

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 10th 2010, 04:27 PM

You should fight back. Don't let them think that they can just call you names and get you upset. If someone says "ew" say "ew" right back. Don't let them think that you think that they're better than you, because they're not. I use to have the same problem, use to think the same thoughts, but then one day I just decided to fight back. If someone didn't want to sit next to me I made sure that they knew that I didn't want to be near them either. But don't hit them unless they hit you. You don't want to cause more trouble than nessary. And as for the boys pushing you, make sure that you stand with your feet the same width apart as your shoulders when they try to knock you down the stairs. That way its easier to keep your balence.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Johnny Walker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 11th 2010, 03:06 AM

No matter what happens the most important thing is that you know it is not your faut, dont let these pricks dictate who you are or what you do.

I have a little sister and if someone treated her the way those poeple are treating you I would have put them in line a long time ago. Just know that life isn't restricted to the walls of your school, one day all this will seem like a bad dream.

You sound very smart and articulate for your age, keep your chin up, don't let anyone stand in your way and who knows how much you can aacheive.

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
Kurt Vonnegut
Be content with what you are, and wish not change; nor dread your last day, nor long for it.
Marcus Aurelius
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 12th 2010, 08:23 PM

All these guys who have posted here have said well. You don't deserve to be picked on like this. And such people shouldn't make you think of suicide. You haven't done anything wrong, so why should you think of suicide. They are the ones with the mistake. Don't take it. Don't let them ruin your life. Don't let them get to you emotionally or mentally. You deserve life. You should enjoy it not be afraid and fearful and certainly not let anyone belittle you. I don't recommend physical fighting though.

And, also I would like to ask, why can't you change schools ?

Last edited by Jacksonian; January 12th 2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: addition

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 14th 2010, 08:27 PM

Because I live far away from any of them. I would have to get up at like 6am get a boat and a train to get there. My mum was going to move me but its too much hassel on my part, it would only make things difficult. What if the boats went off? Stuff like that. I'd have nowhere to stay. Its just diffiuclt.

You guys, you really have helped. But no matter how hard I try not to let them get to me they do. And I cant help it. Later I think about it and afer about 6 and a hald years of constantly being put down you lose faith and you have zero confidence. You begin to wonder. 'Its obviously me.' and 'Wel why else would they call me those things if they werent true??'

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 16th 2010, 01:38 AM

Ok then. If you move, would you still have to get on a boat and train, or would it be much closer than at the place you are living at now ?

If it would be closer,if you were to move, and the school guys are getting rougher and rougher then I suggest you bear the moving issue. Even though it would be a hassel on your part.

What do you think of this suggestion ?

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 17th 2010, 04:01 PM

I dont understand, but I dont think i am going to move anyway. I told my mum how I felt, Jeez that was hard, she knows Im depressed. So....I dont know whats going to happen now. She said shed call the school on monday but I dont know..

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Unicorn. Offline
Cookie monster
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 17th 2010, 04:57 PM

Hey there.

You aren't the one doing anything wrong here. And I know that after a while it can feel like that.

Some close minded people, like the guys you're dealing with, will always take the mick out of anything that's different. It's not fair, and it's defiantly not right, but things like this happen and you can't deal with it alone. It's good that you're mum is going to go in and talk to someone, although right now I understand if you're freaking out about it a little.
The more people know about it the better. If people are aware of what you're going through ,they're more likely to look out for you. Some people walk around with their eyes closed, and can't always see that someone is having a hard time.

You are an amazingly strong person for putting up with this. Let us know how things go. I'm glad we've been able to help so far though

PM me if you even need anything.
Jess x

~Jess x
17|10|09

Whenever your world starts crashing down
That's where you'll find me

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 17th 2010, 10:13 PM

hmmmm... ok... I think i might have the perfect counter for these bullies.

Clearly these bullies are pick on you by coming around you all at once and talking you down... Now, were going to turn that into an opportunity. K.

When they all huddle round you and start talking you down, your really gunna have to have ultimate confidence, no matter what they do, what they say.
Keep a smile on your face, (if they spit on you, you must not react like you care, say ew and slowly wipe it off. If you can at least look invincible they will stop)

Next while there talking to you... Change the subject! start a light conversation with them, a happy conversation... Because you see, by doing this, you can make them your friends, they will slowly adjust to you being nice and friendly to them. Then it will work as a chain reaction in the groups of friends, and whole bunch of bullies will stop.

Now, I understand you don't have that much confidence, but theres no way around it, to make this work you don't have to be confident, you just have to look it!
So right now (and i mean it) i want you to stand up in front of the computer, keep your back straight with your head up and smile. Body language does wonders against bullying. so this is how you should act at school.

Trust me this does work, i know its hard, but you have try.

Oh and to help your confidence even more, when you look at a mirror, complement yourself about how you look. (i do this all the time.) Be as up yourself as you can.

p.s if they make jokes at you, laugh at the jokes like you don't care about there insults. Oh! and always keep eye contact to whoevers talking (very important)

You were brave enough to stand up for your friends. You are very brave, you just need to embrace it. Good luck.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What am I doing wrong? - January 18th 2010, 01:49 AM

Well then let's wait and see what the school says.
And also, BullyPreventionSystem said well, confidence is a vital part and you need it.
And also, be confident and no longer afraid.

PS : Some guys are just pure evil. They are bad and not even being nice will swerve them even a little. You know if these guys are just pure evil. If they are I suggest you just hold your peace and let them be.

Closed Thread