TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JustJosh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Josh

Unhappy Hi - January 10th 2010, 12:02 AM

Well I haven't been here all that long tbh, but have spoken to a few people, and helped with a few problems... Anyways.

I've got a freind, who i have known for quite a while now, actully i've known this freind since this person was about 2 years old, my rents knew there rents and such. (Sorry grammar is terrible but its late and i cant be bothered in correcting anything lol)

Right back to the freind, well atm my freind is getting quite upset with another person, theres alot of rumors going around, and tbh arent true, trust me i know when my freind is lying.

Supposidly my freind has being saying alsorts, about this that and the other, when i can say for a certain fact they havent said anything, not only because whats been said they would never say, but because what has been said someone they know is going through it.

My freind is having a really tough time atm, my freind has a realative who has cancer... The cancer has spread into the lymph nodes and is spreading even further, there is nothing else the doctors can do, as the realative has had surgery to remove parts of the body to help get rid of the cancer, but hasnt worked. The realative is dying and has been given 6 months max to live, so here i am trying to help sort out my freinds problems so they dont have to stress on anymore, and can spend that precoius time with that loved one.

My question is to anyone reading this, what would you suggest my freind do, about the rumors?

Thank You.

JoshBrokenAndUsed.

x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Johnny Walker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi - January 11th 2010, 02:58 AM

Rumors are tricky things... if you react it only apears like you are validating the rumors'

You've probably heard it a thousand times but the best thing your freind can do is to try to rise above it all.

You didn't really specify what the rumors are about but depending on the type and severity your freind or even you may want to tell the principal... nobody wants to be seen as a "crybaby" but there is a difference between rumors and harrasment/slander

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
Kurt Vonnegut
Be content with what you are, and wish not change; nor dread your last day, nor long for it.
Marcus Aurelius
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Hi - January 12th 2010, 08:31 PM

I suggest that your friend forget everything else and spend time with his relative. If the rumors are lies then let them be told and just ignore them and continue living his life and enjoy it. If the rumors are true, he should still ignore them and spend time with his relative.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JustJosh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Josh

Re: Hi - January 12th 2010, 09:55 PM

I'll let her know, and try and speak to her again.

It's just lies that are being spread, things that you wouldn't lie about.

She's spending as much time as she can with her realative atm.

It's kinda hard watching her, she's really hurting, and these rumors, are making her even worse.

She's got enough to deal with to start with.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Johnny Walker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi - January 13th 2010, 04:17 AM

All u can do I guess is be there for her, no matter what... that is wat freinds do.

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
Kurt Vonnegut
Be content with what you are, and wish not change; nor dread your last day, nor long for it.
Marcus Aurelius
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

Closed Thread