TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Geb12596 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Grace

Phoebe Prince - August 1st 2010, 09:33 PM

So I live in South Hadley the town where Phoebe Prince was bullied to death. I don't go to that school but I used to. And my best friend was friends with Phoebe. Well I also know the people that bullied her. What I'm trying to say is that South Hadley is kind of like Stepford Wives. If your slightly artistic or don't have a lot of money then your shunned. It's just the way it is and the parents kind of enforce it. In fact they do it to eachother. For instance my friend when I was little lived two blocks away and I would go over her house and play but I wasn't allowed inside her house because I was "bi- racial" which I'm not, I just happen to have slightly darker skin. But thats kind of the background and I was just wondering what you guys think about the Phoebe Prince situation.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: Phoebe Prince - August 2nd 2010, 06:06 AM

It's really really sad that we live in a society where bullying is not only all too common, but almost accepted. It's ridiculous. No one should ever have to go through that much torture and pain. Especially not alone. Kids can be extremely cruel. You'd expect the parents to step in and actually take the responsibility and actually BE PARENTS. I'm saddened by this whole thing.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FeistRawr Offline
I'm a unicorn.
Not a n00b

Name: Luna

Re: Phoebe Prince - August 3rd 2010, 01:49 AM

I had a subscription to People magazine that covered the Phoebe Prince thing fiercely. I had kind of an obsession with it:P Every time I saw there was a story on her I would read it like... twice. I don't even know why. Her story and her families stories just really touched my heart. I think that a majority of the adults in that town are a bit at fault for letting this happen to her, and to all the other kids who were bullied. I'm so fortunate to live in a town where people accept you for the most part. There's enough diversity here so that you at least have a group of people to be with. If you're different, you just get ignored. But if you stand up for yourself and try to mingle with people who aren't in the same "group" as you, you just become an outcast. And that's where it really is hard. If you're in a group, you're okay. But if you're a loner, you're screwed. No one will try to help you if you get bullied, because you don't have any friends. It's horrible. But I don't think even the "loners" would get pushed so far as to killing themselves. The whole Phoebe Prince thing really made me feel lucky.

Self harm free since 1/15/11

I accept everyone who accepts everyone

You can talk to me about ANYTHING at all, even if we've never talked before, so don't be shy

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever" - Gandhi.

"Burst down those closet doors once and for all, and stand up and start to fight" - Harvey Milk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Geb12596 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Grace

Re: Phoebe Prince - August 3rd 2010, 03:54 AM

Well the thing is that the school system was crap. In my time there the superintendent turned a blind eye to my learning disability and let the school bully me into leaving and being home schooled. and i'm not even talking about the students. I'm talking about the administration and the faculty. So its not surprising to me that the superintendent and faculty turned a blind eye to Phoebe Prince. And it kind of kills me that I literally was right down the street from her and never met her. Cause frankly I would have kicked those bullies butts. And my friend always talked about her and how he was friends with her and wanted to ask her out....

Closed Thread