TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Scarred Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liberty Walker

You'd Be In Great Shape if You Ran Like Your Mouth Does - August 3rd 2010, 04:33 PM

The Scarlet Letter is a story about Hester Prynne, a woman who has an affair with a minister and is besmirched and made to wear a red A for adulterer.

Recently, I discovered that a movie is coming out in September based on this concept. It's set in 2010 and about this girl who pretends to have sex with guys so that they'll be seen as "cool" or whatever for having had sex.

This got me thinking. What is it with high schoolers, college students...heck, everyone? Constantly, people are running their mouths about someone else. All of the rumors, trash talk, lies...it's beyond annoying. And while one would assume that growing up would stop this, I see these things happening more on college campuses than I do in high schools. It doesn't make sense. Your life is so devoid of any sort of excitement that you have to make up some petty drama just to get over your boredom? Get a life.

I don't get why people act the way that they do towards one another. The drama, lies, gossip, slander... what is it all for? To make yourself look better? Newsflash, sweetheart: gossiping doesn't make you come across as a nice, innocent person; it makes you come across as a lying b****. You have to make someone's life hell to gain any sort of popularity or friendship? Sounds like you need a lot of help. You make someone's life hell because you're bored? Sounds like you're a bratty little child whose parents never disciplined them.

I sound pretty outraged. I guess I am. I'm usually the one on the receiving end of the rumors/gossip/slander/lies. It gets pretty old. I'm tired of hearing that I have a DUI when I don't even own a car or have a way of driving a car unless someone else is in the car with me. I'm tired of hearing that I plan on sleeping with the whole football team this fall when I'm still a virgin and plan on staying one until after I'm married. Maybe if I get married to the whole football team that'll happen [/sarcasm]. I'm tired of hearing about what I did last weekend from someone that I don't even know. I'm tired of hearing that I'm not a Christian because I don't go to church every Sunday or because I don't attend this ministry or that ministry. And I'm freaking tired of having my ex-best friend and all of her loser friends act like we're the closest people in the world to my face and then go around spreading lies and gossip about me.

So, I guess I just wanted to let that rant out and say: here's my "Easy A" story.

Easy A Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7W6...os=Az_uIFKqzP4

My YouTube Channel: Click Here

"I don't usually trust anyone. They use you, they hurt you, they leave you."

"Ghandi said 'Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's important that you do it.' I personally agree with the first part."

"That's all there is? It isn't enough."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: You'd Be In Great Shape if You Ran Like Your Mouth Does - August 4th 2010, 02:11 AM

I must say, that thread title got me a laughing and a smiling.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: You'd Be In Great Shape if You Ran Like Your Mouth Does - August 10th 2010, 04:35 PM

looks like a good movie.

Closed Thread