TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
electro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Cyber Bullying - August 5th 2010, 09:57 PM

I'm at a loss for what to do to be honest I'm 16 but am quite career minded and as an actress most of my work experience so to speak is online in the form of credits and film websites etc but some people just seem to really hate me.

First I had a small blog going, not anything anyone would read but something to keep a log of work I had done - it was so heavily spammed by one person I had to remove it - it got to the stage where I would get a twisted feeling in my stomach every time I opened my email imbox incase it contained details of another message.

On imdb I got comments from someone who had created a fake imdb account so they could post multiple messages to my page claiming I was an immature idiot who needed to grow up and pretending to be directors claiming to have worked with me and finally talking about how ridiculous it was I had to adopt a screen name (to avoid this persons comments)- so I got a group of directors I have worked with to comment and put them straight.

Then they stopped bothering with messageboards and just repeatedly deleted all my credits or set them to uncredited status which may sound a petty problem but that was what I was selling myself with and I had directors ask what the hell was going on... this is still going on and I get fed-up of re-updating it every few weeks, it takes two weeks to re-update (as I am a relative nobody so it takes a long time for these things to be dealt with)

So then this person created a facebook group claiming to be someone who wanted to get in touch with me and on it was a list of my contact details and a copy and paste of my profile (likes and dislikes) the person obviously doesn't realise it's obvious they are already on my friends list to have access to that.

Then they started spamming my honest box, I liked the idea of honesty box because it meant you could say encouraging things to people who seemed shy or ask people how they were if they seemed upset without seeming blunt etc but I deleted it after a while of comments like 'go die in a whole' (yep misspelt) appeared.

It just seems to be everything I do is sabotaged, I feel sick with worry and general aprehension when I go onto my own pages to update things I know it is someone I am friendly-ish with if they are a facebook friend and I have a pretty good idea of who it is but it's all anonymous stuff so I can't ever proove it's them and this is affecting my life and my career and I don't know what I can do to make it stop.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be really greatly appreciatied!

Thanks

Electro xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Name: Adam

Re: Cyber Bullying - August 6th 2010, 10:33 AM

First off, I'm sorry that this person is harassing you like this. You do not deserve at all to be victimised because someone is just plain and simply jealous.

What you need to do is:

1) Contact imdb administrators and tell them what going on. They will probably take action to stop fake pages and commenting happening again, at least from that user/computer.

2) complain to facebook. Recently facebook have been in the spotlight over privacy etc, so they should act decisivly too.

3) you say you have a good idea who it might be. Why do you think it might be this person?

-Qwazi

Formerly Known as 747

(#3 (permalink)) Old
neon tiger Offline
a tiger..thats neon
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Cyber Bullying - August 6th 2010, 01:42 PM

With your blog change the setting to moderation so you have to approve the comments.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Descant Offline
Time Lord
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Descant

Re: Cyber Bullying - August 7th 2010, 01:43 AM

I know how that feels.... I've had people spamming my youtube before, and I never even found out who it was. anyway, just dont let it get to you, and try to find some sort of proof that it is who you think it is, then confront them about it.

Quote:
So sing for the river and sing for the stars.
Sing for the friends you made, wherever they are.
Sing to bring you back again or to take you away.
Sing a song for me my friend.
Sing for today.
I know I sound like every other member, but really, PM me!!! I would love to have someone to talk to!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Cyber Bullying - August 7th 2010, 08:01 PM

Well, every advice has already been said. But it seems that this may be people who are close to you and know you already. These 'incidents' appear too similar to look like just random people around the world. Well, you already knew that. Secondly get rid of that Honesty Box, that "application" or whatever it is is a way to get those bad feelings out, which will not be good to hear or read. And remember also to watch what you put on facebook, infact I say don't even let anyone see your email, if they need to talk to you you can send them a message via facebook. Watch your friends in high school or in the school you are in right now, cause there may be bad people closer than you think.

NB : If I have I didn't mean to scare you.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
sarahmackinnon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Re: Cyber Bullying - August 18th 2010, 04:22 AM

Spamming? Welcome to the internet.

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

Closed Thread