TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
call_me_strange Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Im really scared to start school again - August 17th 2010, 10:03 PM

at the end of the previous school year a freind of mine stopped wearing her headscarf and she started getting alot of hate for it on her formspring page.
I posted somthing defending her, and some stupid guy started sending me really rude messages on Facebook and he twisted the story around so now all of a sudden im racist and anti muslim!

he went and told 2 other girls, one of them a former freind, and they went aorund the whole school telling all the muslim kids how horrible I am. several of them have been harassing me on facebook ( I blocked them all though) but for a week I was coming home to constently being called ugly and hell bound.

I mean I come from a muslim family, everyone except me in my family is muslim! It dosnt make sense for me to do soemthing like that.

I RESPECT RELIGION!

I spoke to my muslim freinds and a couple other kids but there are about 10 girls and 2 boys that probobly want to kill me.
yes iv recived MANY death treats

not just that but I got off on the wrong foot with several other "popular" girls and just school in general is something I cant handle very well. too many people around me and my anxiety just makes everything worse

I want to drop out so badly but thats like the biggest taboo in my family so I cant.I even tried to transfer highschools but my parents wouldnt let me unless I told them why, which I DONT want to do. so Im stuck going next year

im just afraid to go back to school

(#2 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Im really scared to start school again - August 17th 2010, 10:18 PM

try to relax...
if you really wanted to get out of that school than you're probably gonna have to tell your parents.

but i think that maybe you should hang out with your muslim friend and possibly other muslims that dont want to kill you...
it will show a lot of people that you aren't against muslims, etc.

about the "popular kids"...
i think its best to just stay out of their way.
avoid making any contact with them.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Im really scared to start school again - August 22nd 2010, 07:20 PM

if you really want out of that high school, tell your parents. If not keep your head up high and relax you will be fine. Ignore the people who say things and glare at you. There stupid so they dont matter. Hang out with your friends, have a good time, laugh, smile, and enjoy yourself. If anyone say something to your face, roll your eyes and walk away, their not worth your time. But keep your head held high and don't shy away from them and try to hide, they'll know they have got to you if you do. But if you prove that they dont bother you and you dont care about what they say etc, then they will forget you and move on to other things.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
I'm full of sugar and spice.
I've been here a while

Name: Char

Re: Im really scared to start school again - August 23rd 2010, 03:05 PM

hi there ...
when things like this happen it feels like the end of the world. It feels like everyone is against you and really they aren't. You have to try and push past this.
Keep your head held high.
People are bound to be angry about what they think you've siad, but you need to set the record straight.
I think that when things have settled down, and you're into the first few weeks of school, just try approaching them some time. Maybe explain what happened and that you didn't say anything like people are suggesting.
Also just hanging around with Muslim girls and boys might be a good thing. Try and like strike conversations up with them

I really hope everything goes well ,
Charli

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Filling my panties with candy
I can't get enough

Re: Im really scared to start school again - August 26th 2010, 12:56 PM

do you still have what they have been saying to you on facebook ? if so print what they have said off and show your teacher at school, explain to them your family is muslim and you would never insult anyone who is muslim, show them what they have been saying on facebook to you. at the end of the day you know that you dont hate them, let them know that hang out with your friend show them you don't, tell them your family is muslim and that you respect the religion. also if people have made death threats to you , and you have these death threats on your computer print them off and show them to your tutor/ teacher.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Susurrous Offline
Just wandering...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Drew

Re: Im really scared to start school again - August 27th 2010, 04:20 AM

Death threats should not be taken lightly. I would start by messaging some of these kids on Facebook, even before school starts, to try to clear the situation up. Be super amiable and friendly...any malicious word can be blown out of proportion. Make amends before school starts so that you don't have to have a panic attack the day of. If you can't make amends then try out the first day of school and lay low. Talk to the kids if you'd like, but don't make it a public scene. If they decide to make it a public scene, then you have to send those death threats to the police. Your life may be in danger, and even though this sounds extreme, your safety is the number one priority. Only true friends matter, and true friends wouldn't ignore your side of the story. So brush off these haters (with kindness of course) and stay positive. Now is a better time than ever to unblock these kids and start over. Good luck, PM me if you'd like!

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Im really scared to start school again - August 31st 2010, 02:52 PM

Hai,

This sounds like something that needs to be sorted. An option is, to tell somebody, because this is WRONG and unacceptable. You shouldnt have to put up with this, its not right. Maybe when you go back to school its worth making someone aware about it.

Lex-Fauzia

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Im really scared to start school again - September 3rd 2010, 01:16 AM

With all that has been said i add this, some of these kids might just be bad and unreasonable people and maybe for some of them kindness may have no effect. What I say is leave them be, keep with your friends and be kind to everyone, give them no reason to hate you and be strong. But don't go looking for a fight either. Keep to yourself and your friends and focus on school and enjoying your life.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread