TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

JROTC - August 18th 2010, 03:03 AM

Introduction(Background)

Okay so last year in my 7th period JROTC class there was this one girl(will call her C)who constantly said that I was musty all year long. Which I wasn't and I know it, because I take showers in the morning, but when C wasn't really saying sometimes she would make faces, and once or twice she sprayed body spray on me(which gets on my nervs more than ever). I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it,but I kept my head up high and luckly I had a few friends in that class who could take my mind off of her.

Current
Today in my JROTC which is now 8th period a guy(A)walked by and said that it stank and that someone was musty. C took out her body spray and A sprayed it on me and acted as if it was an accident.Then another guy(R) said that someone was musty and that he knew who it was and I knew that he was insinuating that it was me. The other girl on the side of me was laughing so hard. A sprayed me again and C laughed as she said that its her. R walked to the back of the classroom and then I heard them say why you smell that girl.

Sorry if its confusing, but I only have one friend in that class this year and she might start going out with A. I acted as if it didn't affect me, but it really did hurt.I just hope that this don't continue all year long, if it do, I'll be looking forward to home more so than ever.

If anyone have any advice on how to deal with this it will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get depressed or start thinking about suicide as I have in the past, and right now I'm on a major Writers block. I'll also update as soon as possible. Thanks

Last edited by Angeal; August 18th 2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Had to add something

(#2 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: JROTC - August 18th 2010, 03:09 AM

Personally, I think they sound like right idiots.
Just ignore them. If you know you aren't musty, then they are just stupid in the truest sense of the word. Let your friend do what she wants, the relationship probably won't last because he sounds like a really big moron.
If it gets really bad, tell a teacher or another authority figure.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: JROTC - August 22nd 2010, 07:31 PM

If you can't ignore them and they spray you again, tell the teacher and if they dont do anythign tell the princapal on both them and the teacher for not doing anything. And hopefully if your friend starts dating that guy it will mean he will be nice to you and can get the others to stop. And if they keep spraying you bring your own and spray it in their eyes...lol jk.... kinda

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: JROTC - August 23rd 2010, 12:51 AM

Seriously that really really pissess me off. Your body belongs to YOU! Them spraying you like that agenst your will. Serisously pisses me off beyond my ability to safely exspress. Ignore them and dont give them anything! Defend yourself if you feel comfortable doing so. >:E

Good luck and I hope you begin to feel better about school and dont have to put up with them any longer.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: JROTC - August 24th 2010, 11:25 AM

In Grade 10:

I was in a class with a girl who did that to many guys not because they smelled bad but because she felt compelled to do so. Unfortunately I was in a class with her more than the other 2 were and I got sprayed more. When I came home, my father asked why I stunk each day. Anyways, the girl sprayed more and more then began spraying behind my neck. She did this at the end of the day, so I grabbed her spray container, threw it across the room into the garbage can. She bitched at me for doing so on my way out, I tossed in my lunch wrappers and some other trash on top of the spray container. She was a rich snob who wouldn't bother to toss out gum wrappers and such because she said janitors work at the school for a reason.

Never got sprayed again for supposedly smelling bad ever again. You might get in trouble for doing this but in your situation, it's what I'd probably do. I wouldn't spray her back if it gets at her face.

2nd year university:

A male student (definitely homosexual) was doing the same thing saying the same reasons. I set next to him in the lecture hall and used this line that I heard someone say at the train station to someone else.
Me: Can you please stop spraying me?"
Him: "It doesn't smell good here"
He sprays me a few more times.
Me: "That your good writing arm"?
Him: "Yeah"
Me: "Suggest you quit it if you to keep that arm"

Threats and such aren't always the best way to go but with such petty nonsense, reasoning with them is hopeless.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Last edited by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!; August 24th 2010 at 11:33 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: JROTC - September 7th 2010, 06:30 PM

It seems like you've got some really good advice here
So I am gonna go ahead and close this.
If you wish for it to be re-opened, don't hesitate in PM'ing me.

Closed Thread