TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

I'm sitting next to a bully - September 6th 2010, 02:56 AM

In sixth grade I went from pretty well off, to the most hated girl in school because of one girl. And everything that happened was my choice. I stood up for my friend Taylor when I heard one of my other friends(also the most popular girl in our grade at this point) making fun of her. Because I chose to stand up for Taylor I am now hated.
Taylor and I don't hang out anymore, in fact, Taylor now talks about me behind my back. She laughs when things are said about me on the bus, and she directs mean comments at me. That's all okay, I can handle myself there. I know that I'm a better person than she is because of this. What I can't handle is that I now have to sit next to her on the bus.
A day or two before we got our assigned seats I heard Taylor call a boy fat then laugh. I paused my iPod, and called her name. When she looked into my seat I told her to shut up because saying things about people isn't funny, and it's rude. Then I went back to listening to my iPod. I could tell that everyone on the bus was surprised that I did that, and she was embarrassed on her own because I only said it loud enough for her to hear. She told everyone else.
I have to sit next to her on the bus now. I don't want to run and complain to Miss Jackson because I know that I was put next to Taylor for a good reason. I'm the only one on the bus who can get her to shut her mouth about others and I'm the only one on the bus who can get her to stop dropping the f-bomb every other word. But I can't stand sitting next to her. Last week she complained to me that she doesn't want to sit there. I smiled and said "Why, doesn't that make me feel loved. Thank you Taylor.". I said that and her eyes went wide then she started saying that's not the reason at all.
I can handle it when she talks about me, I know what to say to her when my name is brought into the conversation. I know what to say to her when other kids are bought in. But she just doesn't stop! What can I say to her to make her realize that she is being a total brat to everyone? I really don't want to just be blunt, I don't want to hurt her feelings. But she needs to know that what she says hurts people. How do I tell her?

wanderer come home
you're not too far
lay down your hurt, lay down your heart
come as you are.

VM | PM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: I'm sitting next to a bully - September 7th 2010, 05:31 PM

hey

So it sounds as though she respects you which is a really good thing. I mean if you're the only one who can get her to shut-up it shows you have power.
Also you can use this to your advantage , if she listens to wat you have to say it should be easy to try and get her to stop being so mean.

Maybe you could try becoming her friend again. I know it might be hard because you don't like her very much, but it wouldn't do any harm to get to know her... then at least you can try telling her how much it hurts peoples feelings when she calls them names.

I understand completely why you don't want to go and tell a teacher that you are unhappy about sitting next to her on the bus.. and I think it shows us all you have great courage and can persevere with bad situations so well done dear!

I really hope this helps

Closed Thread