TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Unhappy Really sick of it. - September 8th 2010, 09:52 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well today was my major practical exam for music. I got through it all right. The only problem is I had to be stuck in the same room with this one guy I cannot stand at all. Every time I make a remark or do something, he's always analysing me, watching me closely to pick something I say or do so he can make fun of me. And today was one of those days. He was looking at the running order to see who was next and he was reading out the names of the people in the order my teacher set. When he saw I was next on the list he was like "Monkey" and moved on to the next person. When he finished reading the list, he turned to look at me and goes "Do you know who I meant by money? You." I ignored him and returned back to reading my book. But that doesn't do anything for him. He just goes on.
Again when I had finished my performance as soon as I got out of the room, I was like "Yes! It's over!" And I throw my music sheets to the ground. And most of the time he came out of the room he would imitate what I did because he thought what I did was "stupid" and that him and his other friends "couldn't believe what I did because it was silly and embarrassing." I just want him and his other friends to stop being jerks and to grow up. And other people call me the immature ones. Yeah I may act immature but at least I'm not an asshole or bitchy to anyone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rocketfire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Really sick of it. - September 9th 2010, 09:18 PM

I've been bullied a lot in my life but I haven't seen anything as ridiculous as this! He called you a monkey, really? How old is this kid, and I'm guessing if you're 17 he's close to your age. If he is your age or a year younger I'd tell somebody about it, such as a teacher, he might have some issues of his own.

...If you lied about your age and you're actually 13, that means he likes you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
flutterbye1990 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Arwen

Re: Really sick of it. - September 10th 2010, 01:16 AM

Im so sorry this is happening to you Rianna,
You dont deserve to be treated like this, no one does.
The best advise i can give is to talk to someone about it, a teacher, a older brother or sister or even your parents.
If you feel like you cant then try this:-
People bully and call you names because they want you to feel as angry, hurt and small as they do themselves and treating you like that makes them feel powerful.
If you resist your natural reaction to become defensive and instead of saying "Why are you tearting me like this?" try focusing it on him and his problems by instead saying " Your having a bad day" Always go back to him and he will spend all day thinking of that and hopefully that will difuse the situation.
Also by not becoming defensive you will feel better and not as upset because you focus on his problems instead of asking yourself what you did wrong.

i hope this help, it worked for me

Arwen xxx

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Really sick of it. - September 10th 2010, 10:09 PM

As said above, if 17 isn't you're age, then he likes you and just wants attention. If this is your age, tell him that he is an "immature little snot, who needs to learn his place in the world, and keep his mouth shut in your presence!".

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Really sick of it. - September 13th 2010, 08:36 AM

If you want him to stop, then don't bait him, which by that I mean do something you think he would use to mock you with. It seems like he's trying to get your attention because it's hardly the way someone who is 17-years old with a right mind would try to bully someone. The name-calling seems almost light-hearted and the mocking of you seems to be to get your attention. Ignoring him obviously doesn't work and telling the teacher may just make him go at it more.

Next time you feel angry and do something that he mocks you with, try to talk to him but not this childish stuff of asking him to stop and that it's hurting your feelings. Spin it by asking him things such as:
"are you doing this as a way for me to notice you around school?"

Although you are centering the question about yourself, you're actually putting him on pressure because he has to respond without mockery and depending on his answer, you can keep putting him under pressure. It makes it awkward because it's not something he's expecting and it helps to make you more dominant in the interaction so he cannot bully someone who has the upper edge on him. His friends may not answer because they're letting him answer so he gets more pressure.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread