TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alex xox Offline
Not a n00b

Don't know what to do - October 2nd 2010, 10:59 PM

this is a short version of whats got has going since the term started and i need to know if you think i should tell someone cause one of my friends does but the other doesn't

so I've never been popular but I've always got on with most kids in my year but recently one girl has been posting on other friends facebook walls about me calling me a rude bitch and the such like and then she got about ten people in my science class to start making fun outa me and in the end after numerous lessons like this and in two other subjects I stood up and walked out in tears because i just couldn't take it anymore i found out later my two closest frineds had stayed in the class laughing at it and the other friend that did come after me but posted about how she was afraid for her safety and only wanted to get out of the lesson.

so know i'm the laughing stcok of the year and i just don't know what to do. any advice and i would be grateful

If I say I'm fine...I'm not
If I say just leave me alone...just do it or you'll regret it

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Don't know what to do - October 3rd 2010, 10:40 AM

I don't really know why that happened without more details but if it's already gotten that bad I think you should ask your parents if you can switch schools. Rather than ask them outright try and list advantages and point out your problem.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alex xox Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Don't know what to do - October 3rd 2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I don't really know why that happened without more details but if it's already gotten that bad I think you should ask your parents if you can switch schools. Rather than ask them outright try and list advantages and point out your problem.

yeah thanks its just that they wont there isnt a decent school anywhere near me and i'm in my last year there which means they double wont because they'll just think i'm over exagerating

If I say I'm fine...I'm not
If I say just leave me alone...just do it or you'll regret it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Don't know what to do - October 3rd 2010, 04:41 PM

heyy

So it sucks when friends do this. Unfortunately I think at our age 14/15 girls tend to become really bitchy. My friends and I have been on and off for a few months and mean things get said. I think just gritting your teeth to try and get through it would be the best advice

However it looks like it's upsetting you a greatdeal so maybe talking to your parents would be a good start. They might be able to have a word with your 'friends' parents

keep strong <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Don't know what to do - October 4th 2010, 04:39 AM

Okay. Well if it's your last year of school focus on that, because it's comforting to know that it's a year and not five years.

Also, remember the rule for dealing with bullies is to never do what they expect you to do, so if they expect you to be sad then laugh instead and act happy. And don't forget, if they call you a rude bitch then they are a rude bitch for calling you a bitch, so you can always use a line like that if things get very tough.

You're going to have to remember that bullies crave power and any sign of sadness will be interpreted as a sign of weakness. It's nuts, but there you go.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: Don't know what to do - October 14th 2010, 02:59 AM

I think you should tell your principal. And also I've been in your situation, where I've walked out of a classroom crying, and been laughed at it for it. In most cases(like mine)What don't kill you makes you stronger. If you want a non violent way to make them mad, this is what you do, every time they say something about you, or post something on facebook about you, reply with thank you for the compliment, and do it with a smile on your face. Don't act like it fazes you at all. Act tough and stand your ground, because soon enough they'll get tired of it and stop. Once they see that there words and such don't affect you they'll move on.

Closed Thread