TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Points: 11,848, Level: 15 Points: 11,848, Level: 15 Points: 11,848, Level: 15

for those of you who have been bullied..let me share my story with you - March 12th 2011, 05:54 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

as i read these posts about bullying...

first of all..my heart goes out to each and everyone of you who is being bullied...

allow me to share my experince with you all...

from the 4th grade to the 12 grade..i was bullied very badly by other kids...

the words "retard,worthless..loser..just about every hurtful word you could ever call someone..i was it...

i was never invited to any parties..any dances..i didnt even go to my senior prom because of it..

everyday for more then 8 years..it was unbearable...even at graduation..it didnt stop...

as people walked in pairs to receive their diplomas..i walked alone..in fact i was the ONLY one in the entire school who did that...

the abuse started when i was ten..and contuined till i was eighteen..

people would call me names..threaten me in class...etc..

by the time i reached my teens...it didnt get any better..which led to my first suicide attempt...

and one time when i was a senior..after i had brought a rope to school..a classmate turned to me and said in his words"why dont you go hang yourself with it...no one will care...

but their was a important lesson i learned...most people who are bullied deal with it in two ways...

A:the person turns his or her anger,pain depression, outward...which can led to the person wanting to kill the bully like a school shooting ...etc

B:the person turns that pain,depression,anger,...inward..which can lead to self destructive acts such as self harm...or suicide

all i can tell people here..is that you are not alone ...because like you..i have gone through years and years of bullying...

i hope people here will read this and take my advice..its not worth dying for...

i hope this post will help people here

take it from someone who knows..and who has been right where you are

Drew
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: for those of you who have been bullied..let me share my story with you - March 19th 2011, 05:31 PM

Drew, I totally get that. I've been bullied for as long as I can remember, and it's never easy. I'm type B, although I've never attempted suicide, have have self harmed. Bullies are life ruiners, and people who don't have a right to play with peoples heads the way they do. The problem is, as much as we can say this, it's always going to upset us. The hurtfull words they speak will always get to us no matter how much we tell ourselves we don't care. Bullies aren't worth thought over, or ones life, but infortunatly people can't stop being tormented inside their heads by it all.

I would give the same advice. Bullying is a cowards job, and to give a coward what he wants is always wrong. If we challenge ourselves to face such problems, we must challenge them to face their own. It only makes sense.

so to anyone reading this as well, Stay strong and keep your chin up. Drew, you can PM me at any time. <3

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nutty Nat Offline
nuttychick but friendly :)
Average Joe

Name: Natalie

Points: 11,506, Level: 15 Points: 11,506, Level: 15 Points: 11,506, Level: 15

Re: for those of you who have been bullied..let me share my story with you - March 19th 2011, 06:06 PM

Ok i am abit of A and abit of B, my examples of A so you can't see me as a bad person tho are the following: beat up who was bullying me, beat up the persons friend, threatened them, two incidents with the police that i am not going into on the forum (sorry but they are staying in my past) and i turned into a horrible person to be around which lead to the following of B - self harm, suicidal, suicide attempts, traunting school(wagging it etc).

Love you Naomi R.I.P i miss you loads but i will never forget you
08/11/92 - 10/11/92

R.I.P Gill - I love you as a second mum,will never forget you and all your advice,oh and i will keep smiling like you wanted see
Going to try continue helping people like you wanted and you did,hope i'm making you proud
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: for those of you who have been bullied..let me share my story with you - March 20th 2011, 03:32 AM

I'd say I'm A and B too. At first I thought definately and only A, but there have been times when I'd definately do things that would probably classify as self harm. An example would be punching the wall. Ironically I never broke my knuckles and in fact made them very hard insead which helped a lot in school.

It was rarely physical self-harm I think... more mental. It's too fucking complicated and I don't know how to explain it myself.

I say that I'm over it. But I'm not really... a lot of that shit has made me what I am today, and my skin crawls at the thought of it. It makes me even more angry, that I've allowed it to shape me so much, even though I fought back. It makes me want to go back to London to where my school was, find those shitheads and break their bones down to powder and snort it*... which is exactly what defines the type of person I am, and I hate it. And it goes in circles like that.

*PS I don't do drugs, it was just a metaphor

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Points: 11,848, Level: 15 Points: 11,848, Level: 15 Points: 11,848, Level: 15

Re: for those of you who have been bullied..let me share my story with you - March 22nd 2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-inside-my-head View Post
Drew, I totally get that. I've been bullied for as long as I can remember, and it's never easy. I'm type B, although I've never attempted suicide, have have self harmed. Bullies are life ruiners, and people who don't have a right to play with peoples heads the way they do. The problem is, as much as we can say this, it's always going to upset us. The hurtfull words they speak will always get to us no matter how much we tell ourselves we don't care. Bullies aren't worth thought over, or ones life, but infortunatly people can't stop being tormented inside their heads by it all.

I would give the same advice. Bullying is a cowards job, and to give a coward what he wants is always wrong. If we challenge ourselves to face such problems, we must challenge them to face their own. It only makes sense.

so to anyone reading this as well, Stay strong and keep your chin up. Drew, you can PM me at any time. <3
Excellent point Hollie...i couldnt have said it any better..

another point i wanted to get across is that there is a book out there by a very good freind of mine...her name is Jodee Blanco and she wrote a best selling book in 2003 titled "Please Stop Laughing At me"...and i can honestly tell you..it was one of the MOST important books i have ever read...
Closed Thread