TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amanda_99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Points: 6,368, Level: 11 Points: 6,368, Level: 11 Points: 6,368, Level: 11

Unhappy Anxiety or just stressed? - October 14th 2013, 03:41 AM

I can't tell if I'm being meladramatic or not. Half the time I feel really overwhelmed by everything around me. Not even like a fear of large crowds, per se. But, it's like being hypersensitive. Every little noise, smell, touch, is too stong. So, when I'm in overly busy places, I have anxiety attacks (I think.) Then, if I'm just sitting alone for a while, I'm at one extreme: perfectly content or
panicking. I've thought about talking to my parent, but my mom would jump on me for taking too many hard classes, or staying up too late, or some other concept that would be the obvious answer, but not the right one. She'll be convinced it's my fault for doing too much; but then, i swear, the minute I'm not pedal-to-the-metal working, it'll be all about how I'm too lazy or not trying or something. My dad would be more helpful, I think, but he has enough problems of his own. Maybe I am just being dramatic? I don't know. There's so many terrible things to be upset about, most of which haven't happened to me. So why do I act like a scared five year old at football games!? It's so infuriating. Then even now I'm getting anxious again because I'm confused and I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I'm having more and more trouble calming down all the way. I probably look like a weepy little girl to everyone. I can't tell if I really have a problem, or if I'm just being ridiculous. Everything is setting me off.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Anxiety or just stressed? - October 17th 2013, 06:32 PM

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to TH!!
I am really sorry you have not received a response to this by now.
I will do my best to reply.
I cannot tell you if you have anxiety or not because no one here on TH is a professional however, I can tell you are struggling.
Is there anyway you can lessen the amount of activities you are in or the amount of commitments you have? I know it is hard to give up something you love but if you are overwhelmed with all that you have to do, this could be causing the problems you are having.
If that is not possible, I really suggest you talk to your parents and see about talking to a counselor or psychologist. They can talk to you and help you with learning how to manage your time and they can teach you techniques you can use when feeling anxious that can calm you down and help you focus better.
Hopefully this reply is helpful and if you ever would like to talk, you can send me a PM.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
Closed Thread