TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

need to resolve something despite social anxiety - January 10th 2015, 07:18 PM

Hi everyone,
I have a lot of social anxiety and I'm generally able to function pretty okay. I had to build things up a little at a time but there's still a lot of work I need to do. But now something happened I need to resolve and I've been postponing to dealwith it bbecause I'm really scared and nervous and I'm avoiding it. But I want to figure it out because quite frankly I need the money I worked for
So around October 2014, I started work study at 9 dollars anhour, 8 hours a week at the costume sshop of the theater department. Now my supervisor filled out her paperwork and I did mine but the update wasn't showing up on the website. So weeks later I got a letter from the financial aid office saying my paperwork was incomplete (i forgot one signature at the very bottom!)
So I tell the supervisor and she tells me that she will help me add back the hours because I was working the whole time even when the website was not updated.
But then the website was still not showing that I'm registered and I continued working and I told her and she told me she registered me and that it shows up for her, on her supervisor account. So I went to the financial aid office and they said the professor didn't add my hours in the log sheet and the prof said students are supposed to do it but I'm not authorized to do it from my account and the previous semester my former supervisor filled it out just fine. So there was a lot of running back and forth and no answers that settled it. At the same time that supervisor was getting mad at me for my work at the costume shop and I was coming home crying a lot and feeling worthless. I was keeping track of the hours. Sometimes I worked overtime because I thought it would show I'm dedicated and stuff but she would constantly pointing out how I suck and exaggerated too. At one point I got really depressed and just stopped showing up. I didn't email her because I used to email her for things but she wouldn't respond so I didn't bother and we never spoke/saw each other after that.
So basically i worked and i did not get paid at all and im really stressed. I have to speak to the financial aid office but im scared that theyll yell at me for not being rrsponsible.
I'm moving soon because our housing situation is bad and we are trying to find a cheaper place and I feel horrible for letting my family down. Any advice? .
Closed Thread