TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Toffle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristin

Fear of entering classrooms - November 24th 2013, 05:22 PM

I just need to tell someone... I haven't been feeling very good the last few weeks. I had a really good period earlier on with almost no anxiety, but it's back full force now... and I don't feel I have the strength to handle it any more.

Entering classrooms have been the biggest problem for me for a long time, and I have lost quite a few lessons because of it. During the good period I had no trouble with it, and because of that it's even more difficult that I'm afraid of entering all my classes now. When it was so easy just a few weeks ago, I feel guilty and that I'm only making it up for attention when I can't do it now. My attendance isn't looking too good either.

It feels like this is taking all my energy... I use so much time worrying if I'll make it to my classes and stressing over the ones I've lost. I get behind on schoolwork and can't find the energy to catch up. Then there's other fears which make trouble for me too, but I can't get around to do anything about that either.. like presentations, asking for help, showing my work to others, making choices, texting and calling others, starting conversations.

I just feel this classroom fear have taken over everything. I'm afraid of failing in my classes, afraid of losing my friends. I feel like I'm running out of options now, and it scares me that I can't seem to find the motivation to care about things and try.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Fear of entering classrooms - November 24th 2013, 06:09 PM

Hey Kristin, it sounds like you and I struggle with a lot of the same things. I don't have problems entering the classroom, but I completely understand the rest of what you're dealing with. I actually had a presentation on Thursday and when I told my friends in the class that I was a nervous wreck they told me that they all have the exact same problem for the same reasons! It helped to know that everyone else is like that and I think it went great.

What were you doing and/or thinking differently when it wasn't a problem for you? I don't think you are making this up.

I try to remember that people aren't paying as much attention to me as I think they are and a lot of times, when I make mistakes it turns out that people didn't even notice.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: Fear of entering classrooms - November 24th 2013, 07:40 PM

Hey Kristin,

I understand about how you feel about the anxiety of entering the classrooms. Ever since Year 9 I had school phobia. So the school liaised with my parents and it was agreed that my teaching assistant would meet me at 8:30 by the main office reception and also it was decided that from Year 9 up until I left high school I could leave and enter the classrooms 5mins early. So maybe what you could do is ask your teachers if you could leave and enter your classes 5mins early in order to help overcome the anxiety of entering classrooms - maybe you could also sit near the door.
If you ever want to talk feel free to PM me anytime okay?

Love From Meera xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Re: Fear of entering classrooms - November 24th 2013, 08:11 PM

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.. I'm terrified of entering classrooms especially if a lot of people are already in there. I try to get there super early for my classes, so I'm one of the first ones there.
Like you, this had screwed up other things. My grades are low and my attendance is poor because I'm scared of walking in the classroom especially if I'm late.

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

Send a message via Skype™ to craz33me 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Toffle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristin

Re: Fear of entering classrooms - November 25th 2013, 02:22 PM

Thank you very much for responding. For me too, it helps a bit to see I'm not the only one with this problem, because it certainly feels like that sometimes. And I too try to get early to my classes and get much more stressed if I can't make it, so maybe leaving a little early could be something to look into. Thank you for the suggestion, Meera

Regarding the good period, it was right after I had returned from a trip with a hiking group in my area, which was a good experience and made me feel good about myself. So I guess that explains much of it.

Closed Thread