TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iccehy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

am i trying to kill myself? - July 27th 2014, 03:54 PM

Entering senior year was hard and a flopping fat chance for good grades for year 11. I've tried my best in my studies but sometimes I push myself too hard, that I'll disregard my health completely

On tough days, I would have exams and assignments closely knit together throughout the upcoming weeks...
I'd skip breakfast, go to school, crash by the end of 4th period, go home, try to do work but die of exhaustion, not get any work done, sleep super late trying to do assignments then sleep at 2am.
Repeats the next day...

I've really driven myself to breaking point, because I literally feel nothing and feel like I'm killing myself everyday with stress...
I feel so disconnected with everyone, that even my parents don't understand my emotions. I secretly cry, knowing if they knew they'd scold me for being weak or tease me. No family support, no shoulder to lean on, no love... i'm feeling so lost and scared ..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: am i trying to kill myself? - July 30th 2014, 04:01 PM

I know how tough school stress can be. I get so worked up about my assignments and tests as well. A lot of my teachers use to tell me that at the rate I'm going I'm going to have a heart attack by the time I'm twenty-five. You're not weak by getting stressed out about these things. It can be overwhelming and it's normal to get stressed about it, but you shouldn't let it get in the way of your health.

It's okay to worry about your school work and want to do good, and work hard, but you have to give yourself a break once and a while. If you do nothing but worry about work, you're going to burn yourself out and make yourself sick. I think you should try to make a schedule and plan when you do your work. Does your school give you a planner at the beginning of each year? If not it might be a good idea to invest in one. They help a lot. Write down your assignments and your test dates when you get them and plan to do your work accordingly. It also helps to study a little bit each night, even if you don't have any tests or quizzes the next day. It helps you feel less stressed, you don't have to cram the night before, and it helps you retain the information better.

Skipping breakfast isn't a great idea either, as they say it's the most important meal of the day. Eat at least a little something, it could be something small that you eat on the way to school.

Do you know of anyone that you could talk to about how you've been feeling? Like a friend, or maybe an adult at your school? Counselors are great to go to, or just a teacher that you're close to. I talk to my school librarian because I know her the best, and sometimes just talking about everything can help lift a lot of weight off your shoulders. Plus, they've been through it too. They know that school can be stressful, and can give you some pointers.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: am i trying to kill myself? - August 6th 2014, 01:31 AM

Hi,

You sound like a younger replica of how I was in high school.
I used to spend hours on homework and add in chores, extra curricular activities and anything else sudden that comes up in life, you will burnout/get stressed.
I suggest you find a way to organize your life using a calendar or planner. Use different colors for different tasks, write down things you have to do (reminders) in different color by importance, put down when assignments are due and when you have to take quizzes/tests/exams. In your calendar, allot some time during everyday to study for each class you are taking (in the long run, this will save from cramming the night before exams).
Write down a schedule starting with breakfast and ending with your bedtime. Be consistent with this schedule (having a regular wake and sleep time will be sufficient for improving your mental and physical health).
You can go shopping and when buying breakfast food buy food that is already in bowls you can throw away (some stores sell cereal in bowls you can throw out so you just need a spoon and to add the milk), granola bars (you can stick a bunch in your backpack either for snacking or a quick boost if you do not have time to make something), instant cereals such as oatmeal, grits and others are great and you can cook and eat them fairly quickly.
Also, work around meal preparation. For instance, I will start oatmeal or another food in the microwave and in the two minutes or so it is cooking, I will check I have everything I need in my bag, put on my shoes and coat or do other things so that I am prepared to get what I need if I am forgetting something right after I eat.
I know you have been given a lot of very great and useful advice in this thread and I hope that it helps and that you see some improvement.
My last suggestion is to find time for you. I know we can get caught up in school and doing things for everyone else but a few minutes for relaxation alone each day helps with reducing stress.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread