TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Odd Panic Attacks - April 24th 2015, 02:29 AM

Hey everyone,

So long story short I have a bipolar diagnosis. I've never experienced a lot of anxiety really, so this is a new thing for me. I'm concerned about speaking about it with my psychiatrist because I feel that my meds are perfect for my mood, and I don't really want to mess with them.

Anyway, I've starting having things I can only describe as panic attacks. I get them a few times a day for maybe a week, then nothing for a week, then they start again. It always starts out with me remembering one of the multiple stupid dreams I've had (Stupid as in silly, they have nothing to do with real life and aren't even scary). Then I start to get hot and I can't concentrate on anything but that dream. I have all the fast heart rate and whatnot. I just stare into space though, even though I'm trying really hard to continue with whatever I'm doing. But the odd thing is that it probably peaks after 30 seconds, peaks for 45 seconds, and is over in two minutes.

It doesn't match up by any means with med or lifestyle changes. I don't feel like I'm having a heart attack or about to die. Actually, afterwards I remember what it felt like, but felt like I was completely disassociated from the event.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have ideas on what I could do?

Thanks,
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Odd Panic Attacks - May 5th 2015, 08:09 PM

Hey there,

Iíve been thinking about this for a while.

When I get a panic attack, I do get hot and canít concentrate on much. It peaks in a short time too. So it could be that. However, there are similar symptoms in an Ďabsence seizureí. This is where you may have an Ďauraí which could be visual, a sound, a smell or a memory and you canít do much apart from stare in one place for a while. These are usually harmless, but obviously Iím not a professional, so I would definitely recommend talking to your psychiatrist or at least your doctor.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread