TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

View Poll Results: What should I do about social anxiety
Do what I'm doing now and keep quiet 0 0%
See a counsellor 3 60.00%
Tell someone 3 60.00%
Try to forget about it 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Yinwolf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I can't do it - January 25th 2016, 11:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have really big social anxiety and it effects everything I do. I had a mental breakdown at school because I found out a friend was just using me and didn't like me,I'm scared that people just put up with me and they hate me. I am slightly bi polar and I know it's not just mood swings it's real,I don't know what to do,I'm starting my first year if highschool and I don't know how to survive if I can't do it now. I self harm and feel so emotional all the time,if I ever tell someone they think in trying to cause drama but I need help! I don't know how to make someone see that because they don't understand! No one understands me. My bully is going to the same highschool as me and so is the friend who is using me. All my other "friends" are going different places and just when things couldn't get worse my best friend,the only one I can trust. I have known her my whole life,moves away. My mum got rid of my dog while I was on holiday and I have had three sudden family deaths. Ever since I turned 13 my life has... Fallen apart and I can't get back up. What's even worse is that I kinda have a crush on the guy bullying me and a crush on this really sweet guy and I could never confess my feelings even though I know the sweet guy likes me,I can't confess because as weird as it sounds I'm in love with fictional anime characters and refuse to accept real love, at home I feel second best and am always compared to my younger brother,he is so perfect in my parents eyes and I'm a waste of space, more than 2 people have told me to kill myself and I can't cry or give any reaction because that would be causing drama an if my friends are being mean to me I can't say anything otherwise they get pissed off. They make fun of me and so I made fun of my friend (we can just call her girl) girl and it's because I don't want to look like a softy in front of my other friends but I think everyone hates me expect my friend who move away. My dad lives in a different country and isn't there for me. Please don't be like the rest and think I'm looking for attention because I just want help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I can't do it - January 25th 2016, 09:13 PM

Hey,

I didn't vote on your poll because I don't think it's as simple as that! It sounds like a lot is going on at the minute. Take a few really deep breathes before reading the rest of what I'm going to say alright?

Are you recieving treatment for social anxiety/bipolar? If so, these are all things you should discuss with your counselor. If not, I think from what you've described in your post you'd benefit from speaking to a professional about how you feeling. They might be able to help you deal with some of the intense emotions you're experiencing right now.

From what you describe it doesn't sound like your friends are treating you right. It's not fair for them to think you're attention seeking when you only want help. Again, I'd advise speaking to an adult about this but also remembering that you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. If you need help, you need help regardless of what other people might say. Don't let their thoughts about you get to you okay?

This is the same for how you think other people think about you. It's natural to worry what others think of us to an extent but if you're worrying a lot and it's upsetting you, remind yourself that you can't read minds. People are probably not even thinking about you, never mind thinking negative things!

Never listen to someone who says hurtful things, and if someone is telling you to kill yourself you need to tell an adult, immediately. That's not right, and you shouldn't have to deal with it. This is also the same for the bullying- I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing this, and I think you'd benefit from talking to maybe a teacher at school about this? Often there's a zero tolerance policy and teachers should punish those involved in bullying you. No one deserves to be bullied.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog and family deaths :hugs: it sounds like you're going through a really hard time at the moment, but remember that this won't be forever. Storms don't last forever, but sometimes they can be shortened by seeking help in the right places!

Take as long as you need.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Yinwolf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't do it - January 25th 2016, 11:40 PM

Thank your for understanding,your advice was really helpful. It's goo to know at least one person doesn't think I'm causing drama

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Re: I can't do it - January 26th 2016, 06:14 AM

You should tell someone. If you describe your symptoms i think they will believe you. If you dont think your parents would be good to tell, then i would suggest telling a teacher.

Closed Thread