TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brooke
Not a n00b

Name: Brooke

always anxious - September 28th 2016, 01:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so my anxiety is driving me crazy every moment im anxious about something, when im out its are people looking at me, do i look like a fool, i have no idea where im going, did i sound like a idiot when i just said that, was the wrong thing to say, can people tell im so anxious, i must look like im tweaking or some shit, and then when im home its did i say the wrong thing, should i have said something different, why cant i get this right, as you can tell its just constant and its really starting to affect my sleep, because it worse when i try to stop for the day and sleep, going to england in 12-13 days for a friends wedding and just starting to panic and get paranoid, that maybe im intruding, she said shes really excited im coming, but last night i just started freaking out thinking i cant remember if she invited me or did i just invite myself by saying i would love to come and will try my hardest to be there, i tried searching throughour convos and i cant find where she invited me, im just panicking it sending me crazy i have no idea how to make the thoughts stop, and should i just stop stressing cause shes said shes excited, or maybe i really am intruding because i will be staying with her, and ofcourse on her wedding night they have an honeymoon room, so im guessing i will stay with her parents that night but im just panicking i dont have as much finances as i would of liked to have and thats my fault that i couldnt give up my alcohol and weed, i speak to my doctor i see a counsellor but nothing makes me feel better i feel so alone, my dr has me on one medication i tell her it doesnt work and that i have cravings to self harm everyday that gets so bad i get phantom itches and pain like my skin is even craving it but still no more help, which makes me feel worse because im worried im intruding and that i will take attention away from her, i dont know im so anxious theres nothing i can do to change any of these feelings so i how do i cope with them alone i feel like im going crazy, and the worst part is i cant understand why as a teenager i was worse i couldnt resist self-harm or suicide impulses but i never felt like i had anxiety this bad, so why as an adult is anxiety litterally destroying me, im in tears again i feel like theres no other places i can go for help, i have been through so many gps, because none want to work on the same goals i have, and alot of doctors because im small for my size prescribe a dose for that but i have been smashed with sedatives since i was 16 so i got a high tolerance so its like they give up on me so i go to a new gp i just wanted to be taken seriously that i do know my body best and i think this gp gave up on me because i told her i felt the anti-depressent made me worse so i was to scared to take it so she just said not take it and no replacement how can i get my gp or counsellor to make me serious, i already know i tend to talk about everyone elses problems that add stress to me instead of myne because i feel its impossible to be taken serious when all my problems are in my head and i dont self-harm i dont try off myself and i dont starve myself so its like they think im exaggerating i just wish they could spend one day inside this head because it surely cant be normal to feel like this to be anxious everyday i barely even notice my heart constantly racing untill i try to go to bed and then i can feel my heart racing in every part of my body

(#2 (permalink)) Old
RiggedSystem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Keaton Randolph

Re: always anxious - October 7th 2016, 07:36 AM

First off, thanks for opening up and being honest. You should talk to your friend about your concerns, it may help just to get them off your chest. Also, you said that your counselor isn't helping. If that's the case, you should look into getting a new one. The whole point of therapy is to help you.
If you haven't looked into DBT, it sounds like it might work fo you. DBT stands for Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Of course, I don;t know you personally, so I can't say for sure if it's for you. Just explore it a bit, and then decide. Also, if you need someone to rant to, you can PM me. I'm always available to listen.

Official writer and creator of The Rigged System, a blog for helping teens with mental health issues. Come check it out at:
http://riggedsystem.weebly.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: always anxious - October 7th 2016, 02:47 PM

No, it's not normal to feel that anxious everyday, not when anxiety starts to interfere with your ability to function. Anxiety is an emotion but it's not supposed to be debilitating.

Antidepressants are a godsend for some; not so much for others. How many different ones have you tried? It can take a lot to find one which works for you. Sometimes they just don't help and then it's time to look to other forms of medication, like beta blockers. Have you ever been prescribed those? They counter the physical symptoms of anxiety. This in turn can reduce the extent you feel anxious, as there's no feedback loop from your body saying there's a threat in the environment.

Your friend is excited for you to be there and your head is trying to twist that. Don't let it. It could help you to write all the anxious thoughts down, then logically and methodically go through them (maybe with a friend?) and identify where your thinking is going wrong. Do you have a tendency to always believe the worst? What evidence is there that your thoughts are true? Has your friend told you outright she doesn't want you to come? No, she hasn't, and you can't read her mind. She's actually told you she's excited for you to come, it's just your head is discounting that evidence and trying to make you believe otherwise.

A therapist will be able to help you tackle the thoughts and develop new ways of thinking, but first you need to find someone that will listen to you and take your goals into consideration. Don't give up and don't be afraid to request someone new if things just aren't working.

You won't always be this anxious, I promise. It sucks, and it's horrible, but I promise it will pass.

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread