TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

super pariond - January 3rd 2018, 06:45 PM

i have always had a fear of dead people I'm not sure why though in the past it hasn't affected me too much but this year my uncle died and i had to go to his funeral witch was an open casket and it really freaked me out a few days later i, unfortunately, saw the logan paul video so lately i have a feeling that a dead person is behind me and waiting to murder me i know that's impossible but i am still super paranoid any ideas of why i feel this way

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheEdenProject Offline
Not a n00b

Re: super pariond - January 4th 2018, 11:46 AM

the dead can be something very scary as we still don't know why it happens and things that can't be explained can be quite scary.

i haven't seen the logan paul video everyone seems to know about, but i get why it would freak you out (i assume the video had something to do with dead people). a reaction like that is completely natural and i'd probably be paranoid and afraid too if my uncle recently died.

i'd say try to distract yourself with funny videos and friendly conversations with friends, but maybe even talking about it might help you so maybe you can find out what works best for you. in the end, i have found out that time is key here and that things like this go away over time.
maybe taking care of yourself might help you too, like taking a hot bath or a hot shower and just try to relax a bit (which i know is easier said than done especially in a situation like yours, but it's worth trying).
there's a lot of coping methods for anxiety but what i can 100% recommend are breathing techniques, as anxiety and breathing are basically tied together, breathing techniques help slow your breathing down and thus slow down your heart rate which fastens with anxiety. i found breathing exercise gifs on the internet quite useful in anxious times.

whatever you choose to do in the end, my pm's and vm's are always open so feel free to message me if you think you need to talk about this further (or if you just need someone to talk to).

"We drift away
Diffusing light
Confusing times
Growing up
Or cascading down?
Cascading down
I'm hurting now"

- EDEN // crash

feel free to PM or VM me if you need someone to talk to, i always have a listening ear and i never judge anyone.

former HelpLINK Mentor - 01/20/18

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: super pariond - January 4th 2018, 07:02 PM

I think it can be quite common to have a fear of death and dead people. As it's been said, it's partly because of the unknown and the possibility of what might or might not happen after death- it's the same fear and curiosity that often makes stories and movies of death related things interesting to some.

I also think that it's natural to be more worried about death if a loved one has died, more so if the funeral was open casket. Many people have said that loved ones don't look the same, and it can be upsetting to some.

I've not seen the logan paul video but have heard many things about it. I think that given how anxious you have been with dead people in general, it's understandable that the video may have triggered more worries for you.

I agree with the above response that maybe trying to find some distractions can help. But it's also good to talk to others about what you fear. Sometimes it can help when others reassure us or when we can laugh at the things we fear. Alternatively, you may want to try talking to a counsellor. They can be helpful when exploring fears and learning how to manage our anxieties.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread