TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

First anxious episodes - April 6th 2018, 02:50 AM

Just a few days ago I got back from a 12 day trip to Spain and there were may parts that were great, donít get me wrong, but this was the first time Iíve experienced true anxiety and itís not going away.

So long story short about 2 months ago I got diagnosed with ocd and was put on a very low dose of Prozac to try to calm this. I hadnít really noticed any changed so my doctor upped the dose about a week before my trip. But once I got to Spain, I for some reason had a very sensitive stomach and any time I would take my meds I would get a super bad stomach ache and sometimes even throw up. But about 1/2 way through the trip it got better so i took them again, but thatís when most of the anxiety started.

During the trip there would be times we would have free time for lubch it even just to shop. When we had this time, I would feel so frozen and anxious, which was something I had never felt before so I didnít know how to deal with it. Even when we found a place to eat and would sit down, I wouldnít be able to calm down and I just found myself almost paralyzed with anxiety until we got back on the bus or back to the hotel. It was worst when we had time to shop because there would be large groups of people in these shops and I just couldnít deal with it, which again is something I donít even have a problem with here.

To me this wasnít exactly abnormal because I was in a completely different place and I didnít have very much guidance there. And, I figured when I got home I would kind of just go back to normal. But, I didnít and I donít know how to. The worst part is my ocd is hitting me harder than it ever has and I have this new anxiety on top of it and I just truly donít know how to deal with it all, ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: First anxious episodes - April 6th 2018, 02:25 PM

I would discuss it with your doctor. I don't know if Prozac would cause this but some medication can increase anxiety initially and then it goes away. I used to take effexor and when I first started on it my anxiety was bad. It did fade. Talking to a doctor will determine if it's the medication or a new symptom you are experiencing. Letting the doctor know is important even if it goes away.

The other thing is that it could have been the trip and you still haven't adjusted to being back home. I know I can't really handle trips without anxiety because it's a huge change and when I get home I tend to have to take a few days to adjust. You can download an anxiety mood app to try and determine if it is decreasing or if there are triggers. I have that and a bipolar one I am trying to keep up with.

There are some other apps you can try to deal with anxiety too. I know there are some self harm apps that help with coping. I know you might not self harm but the apps have helped my anxiety. Another thing you can look at is Alternatives and Coping Methods. I have used some of those to help with my anxiety.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread