TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Anxiety - July 31st 2009, 08:05 PM

Hey Everyone.

Well Basically I have had problems with anxiety for quite a while now. I suffer from panic attacks and stuff but now I just feel like its getting in the way of everything. I can't leave the house on my own, not even to walk down to the shops which are 5 minutes away and then go back home. It makes me feel so scared just to leave my house and I dont even know why; all I know is that I'm terrified of it. Everything is making me anxious, I even get anxious and upset if I make my cereal the wrong way so it takes me 20 minutes!

If anyone asks me to do something like go shopping I always find myself saying yes because I get very anxious about saying no. After though I get so worried and stressed about leaving the house and stuff that I make myself feel sick. I actually find that I can't talk if there is more than about 3 people with me because I feel really worried about it. I can't be with big groups of people, for some reason it really scares me and gives me panic attacks. I don't know whats wrong with me, the anxiety just feels so extreme I feel like I'm worrying about anything and everything. The main worry though I have to say is leaving the house and being in groups of people and talking infront of people etc

Im supposed to be going to a birthday party tomorrow as well and I said yes even though I didnt want to go because Im scared. Yes, thats right, its stupid I know but Im scared to go to the party. Im worried that I can't cope, Im worried about the amount of people that will be there (and there will be lots) and Im worried worried worried about every aspect of it.

I dont know what to do about all of this stuff. I thought it had died down a bit but its just come back stronger than ever and Im fed up of being scared. I dont want this anymore..

PM // VM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Anxiety - August 1st 2009, 02:53 PM

Hi Jen.
First off it's not stupid that you are scared. It's okay to be scared and it's normal in cases of anxiety, so don't ever think that you are stupid.

Do you talk to someone about these fears? It can be really difficult to build up the courage to speak to someone but please do as these fears and worries will only get much more extreme if you do not try and stop them in their tracks right now.

I suffer from a bit of anxiety myself but it's not too extreme at the moment but i can definitely relate to where you are coming from - it's hard and really confusing to deal with but if you talk to someone about this you will feel so much better and perhaps you can even recieve some treatment for this which will help so so much and make you feel a lot better.

If you do go to this party(which i'm assuming is tonight), then just try your best to relax and stick with the people you know.
I hope all goes well.

x take care

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
My Dearest Kitty,
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Max

Re: Anxiety - August 1st 2009, 09:01 PM

I'm very very similar to you and i have diagnosed Social Anxiety Disorder. I'm currently in therapy for it and taking zoloft.

Basically whenever someone tries to start conversation with me i'm absolutely horrible at it. I just laugh and don't respond when they talk, which then makes me feel stupid and i blush and sweat profusely.

If you experience anything like that you should locate your nearest mental health clinic and ask for a screening =).

I'll always listen instead of waiting to talk.
I like music; I play the piano.
Emmy the Great ,Metric, Regina Spektor
Land of Talk, DCFC, MGMT,
Yeah Yeah Yeahs,
Bright eyes, Yelle,
She & Him, Slow Club
I miss you Kiota.

Closed Thread