TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

anxiety related,need help before friday! - October 4th 2009, 01:58 PM

i suffer with anxiety quite badly. i also have dyspraxia.
i've been put onto citralopram by my docter, they seem to have calmed me down a bit, i don't have many panic attacks now. however,they do seem to make me extremly tired but o well.but i do feel nervous every now and then and my anxiety and dyspraxia makes me feel very vulnerable and upset a lot.

ok, basicaly i am PETRIFIED for friday! my family is having a party to celebrate my aunts engagement, i've bought a dress and stuff but i feel so nervous.today i was practising how to do my hair for the party and i have sudenly become un able to curl my hair , my shoes have suddenly became too big for my feet and all of a sudden the dress doesn't suit me! now i know these may seem like little things to you but to me they are HUGE problems, my family hates me,they've always been critical towards me, my boyfriend is coming to the party, he's excited to see me in my dress but i'm petrified he expects me to look more amazing than i do i'm so scared he'll end up snogging someone on the night of the party, or what if he see's someone better looking. another problem, my dad was/is a alcoholic, therefore i HATE being near alcohol or drinking it or being near people who drink it. luckily my boyfriend is the same as me,he doesn't see the point in drink, so he doesn't drink, but being near alcohol brings me back to my past and my past causes anxiety which almost always ends up in a panic attack.

earlier, i got stressed over friday and i felt a panic attack coming, i almost burst into tears and this has made me start wandering if it's best for my health and happiness to stay home on friday night. i've told my mum but she just doesn't understand,she just moans, she doesn't give a toss if i have a panic attack and she just doesn't understand what anxiety is at all! she's so self centered and not sympathetic at all!.

but i need your advice, say if i do decide to go, how on earth do i stop my panic attacks coming on? how do i keep my anxiety at bay? and how do i cheer myself up and make myself excited for friday?
i know i'm on my tablets but i don't trust them 100%, if i get worried or nervous then i know i will defiantly have a panic attack and when i do i just become so lethargic and tired, i will just need to sleep.

also, obviously the party is at night, i am scared so much by night time and darkness.

i hate anxiety!
any advice and help will be greatly apreciated

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BethanyM Offline
peyton_sawyer's_twin
Not a n00b

Name: Bethany

Re: anxiety related,need help before friday! - October 4th 2009, 02:12 PM

just think to yourself that the party will go well
you probably do suit the dress but because your so worried, in your mind it suddenly doesnt. maybe you should straighten your hair and see what it looks like.
as for your boyfriend well you just have to remember that he is your boyfriend and he did say he was looking forward to see you, he's clearly happy to be with you and if so one party wont change that.
oh, and dont listen to people when they criticize you. when people they say those sort of things they dont care how it will affect you so neither should you.
hope the party goes well, feel free to pm me if you want to talk

"it's okay to be messed up, 'cause there's five guys who are just as messed up as you." - Gerard Way

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: anxiety related,need help before friday! - October 4th 2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyM View Post
just think to yourself that the party will go well
you probably do suit the dress but because your so worried, in your mind it suddenly doesnt. maybe you should straighten your hair and see what it looks like.
as for your boyfriend well you just have to remember that he is your boyfriend and he did say he was looking forward to see you, he's clearly happy to be with you and if so one party wont change that.
oh, and dont listen to people when they criticize you. when people they say those sort of things they dont care how it will affect you so neither should you.
hope the party goes well, feel free to pm me if you want to talk
thanks for you quick reply back
and ok but that would be very hard to do, i feel very negative towards friday and i'm actualy wandering if listing the issues on here would help incase people could reasure me and make me see it in a different light???.

my hair looks awful straight and my boyfriend and mum said to curl it because it looks better. but i can't do it properly anymore and i don't know why. i'm terrible at hairstyling and stuff!.

so do you reckon i should defiantly go to the party??

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BethanyM Offline
peyton_sawyer's_twin
Not a n00b

Name: Bethany

Re: anxiety related,need help before friday! - October 4th 2009, 02:57 PM

well if your mum said you should curl your hair then maybe she could do it for you.
but yeah i think you should go to the party, i'm always worried about what people think about me but you'll never know what it will be like unless you go. who knows you might end up glad that you did go (if you do). after all it is only one night, it wont last forever and it probably wont have as big an effect on your life as you think

"it's okay to be messed up, 'cause there's five guys who are just as messed up as you." - Gerard Way

(#5 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: anxiety related,need help before friday! - October 4th 2009, 03:46 PM

the best i've learned from me having agoreaphobia and and social anxiety problems is to kind of practice what's going to happen in your mind like half a million times. It usually helps.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: anxiety related,need help before friday! - October 4th 2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_eyes View Post
the best i've learned from me having agoreaphobia and and social anxiety problems is to kind of practice what's going to happen in your mind like half a million times. It usually helps.
what do you mean? could i have an example please?

Closed Thread