TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mel.x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Anxiety - October 14th 2009, 06:15 PM

Well for the past 3 years ive had anxiety about going out after i got bullied at school. To start with, i wouldnt even leave my house just to go to the shop or anything. I still worry about going to a lot of places but its taken me a long time and alot of hard work to get to where i am now. What happens is, if im gunna go somewhere that im worried about, I get these thoughts like that i cant do it or i wont be able to do it. Its complicated. And these thoughts are so strong that they stop me from going. So my counsellor told me i need to practice going out, so that the anxiety slowly shrinks.

Because i dont see many people as i havent been able to go back to school, I wanted to try and go dancing cos its somethin i like doing aswell. My friend said she will come with me. But my anxiety is startin to stop me already, im already thinkin how am i gunna do it and that i dont think i can and I also havent seen my friend for ages cos she goes to another school,so im worried about that too. I hate it cos it always trys to ruin things for me, things that i really wanna do. I just wish goin to this dancin could be easy for me Sometimes i think its unfair that its happened to me, and why should i have to do all this hard work just to go out and do stuff i wanna do .
But ive been through so much bad stuff, that I just want it to be somethin good for once.

Sorry this is so long.. If you have any advice that would be good

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Anxiety - October 15th 2009, 02:24 PM

I think going dancing sounds like a great idea =]
It's good that your friend will go with you, as you'll have some moral support. If you haven't seen your friend in ages, maybe you could try going over her house or she could come to yours so that you can catch up and if you went to visit her, it might help to get you used to leaving the house and make you feel more comfortable being around her.
Keep trying. I know you can do it.
Ella x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Anxiety - October 15th 2009, 02:48 PM

Hey there,
I completely understand what you are going through. I'm slowly recovering from anxiety now. My advice would be to take little steps at a time. If you are worried about being with your friend and going out, do one at a time. Invite your friend over to your house and tell her this is a big step for you. Let her know what is going on so it will be easier to do what you need to get over this anxiety. Try to think the opposite thoughts than you were thinking. Say "I can do this" and "I know I can do this I just want to have fun". Also, visit the place beforehand where the dance is. Know where the bathrooms are if you need a break and have your parents stick around at home if you need anything. I know you can do it. Think positive thoughts. Let me know how it goes.
~Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mel.x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anxiety - October 15th 2009, 06:08 PM

Thank you

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Adam Offline
Stand in the rain...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Anxiety - October 18th 2009, 11:46 PM

I'm going to close this because the OP seems satisfied with the advice, PM me if you want it re-opening or just create a new thread

Good luck with the dancing as well. It's a great way to boost self esteem and feel better. I think you'll be great at it! Let us all know how you get on, and post any photos or videos that you take!!

Adam.

Katrina's NERD.
[/color] [/b][/color] [/right]

Closed Thread