TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashlii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlii

Sick of being anxious - January 9th 2010, 02:22 PM

A couple months ago I was raped. After that I've never been the same.
About 3 months ago I moved to a new school, now I'm more anxious than I ever have been. I constantly feel like I'm being watched or followed. the most annoying thing is that most of my teachers are guys and I can never stay after class for them when I need extra help b/c i get ten times more stressed and anxious! I can't even start a realationship with a guy that's really sweet. I have no idea what to!

Adulthood is not about age, its about reaction.

-Ashlii

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Sick of being anxious - January 9th 2010, 11:06 PM

Hey Ashlii,

Welcome to TeenHelp! I'm so glad you're here.
I'm incredibly sorry to hear about what you've been through. It makes total sense that you're dealing with anxiety; something so traumatic can definitely be anxiety-provoking to a really large degree. It sounds like your fear of guys is taking over your life to an extent right now, which is common of post-traumatic stress feelings.

Have you ever told anyone what happened to you, Ashlii? Did you ever get counseling or therapy or anything? It is SO important to have professional support (as well as personal support like from parents or friends or other adults) in dealing with trauma. It's the best thing in helping you get back to living your life to its fullest extent. If you haven't spoken to anyone about it, I really want you to think about doing so. I know how scary that can seem but it's worth it--because it CAN get better, I promise you that.

Hang in there, Ashlii, and don't hesitate to PM me if you ever want to talk.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Sick of being anxious - January 16th 2010, 06:18 PM

Hi Ashlii,
It's understandable for you to feel this way after you were raped. I agree with Jen though that if you haven't already, you should find someone to talk to. Anxiety shows up when you try to keep so many things inside you so it becomes masked by anxiety. Letting things out by talking to someone like a family member, friend, or therapist can help release the tension. Also, although it may be hard, you need to try and face the anxiety. Maybe start out by staying after school with a teacher for 5 minutes and have other friends stay with you. After you realize nothing is going to happen, you will start to feel better. Try talking to the guy you want to be in a relationship with. Start out being friends and work towards becoming closer and closer. It definately helps if you tell others about your anxiety because then you know you aren't the only one dealing with it. I wish you all the best. You can overcome this!
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread