TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JonahIzPotato Offline
I am... ME.
Average Joe

Name: Jonah

i didn't know where to post this :/ - January 20th 2010, 12:12 AM

So I for the life of me could not figure out where to post this. So I will just post it here.
Basically, I have a lot of fears. Some of them are common and good or whatever, like heights and stuff. But then I have like REALLY weird and really random fears that don't help me in any way, they just make things harder. I don't know how to get over them, but I am sick of them. I feel like it is just really weird, but... does anyone know how to help me?

My name is Jonah and I don't post things very often

Last edited by eunoia; January 20th 2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Moved to Anxiety.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: i didn't know where to post this :/ - January 20th 2010, 12:45 AM

Hey Liza,

Could you tell us a little bit about the fears? It might seem embarrassing or whatnot, but trust me, we've all had strange or different fears (myself included, trust me!). If you think they are interfering with your life and your functioning, I'd REALLY encourage you to speak to someone--a parent, teacher, etc. so you can get the personal help as well as any professional support, that you might need! It gets better, I promise. Don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like

<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
JonahIzPotato Offline
I am... ME.
Average Joe

Name: Jonah

Re: i didn't know where to post this :/ - January 20th 2010, 11:16 AM

They're (For the most part) not interfering with my life, I'm just sick of them. I have an INSANE fear or canoes, even though I used to LOVE them, and it's not ANY other boat that is a problem, only canoes. Also shrimp; not ALIVE, but the kind you cook, whether frozen or not. That one is a small problem, cuz the other night my parents were eating shrimp when I was sitting with them and I had major anxiety. Also masses of tiny little holes, like on a chair or whatever just tiny indentations, they're too much for me. I know it's silly, but it's getting to be really annoying.

My name is Jonah and I don't post things very often

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: i didn't know where to post this :/ - January 23rd 2010, 11:39 PM

Hey Liza,
I know it might be hard to think about right now, but the only way to overcome your fears are to face them head on. You don't have to face them all right away at the same time, slowly still works. Like at first try to sit in a canoe when it's on land. When you feel comfortable with that sit in it when it's in really shallow water with someone holding on. Then have somone let go but still sit there, and so on until you are comfortable with paddling in the canoe by yourself. It may be hard, but if you want to overcome the fears you have to teach yourself that nothing is going to happen and you are OK. Good luck!
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: i didn't know where to post this :/ - January 29th 2010, 02:43 AM

Hey Liza,

If these fears are continuing to interfere with your life (and give you severe anxiety) it's worth thinking about reaching out to someone and getting some help for your fears. I know you might feel embarrassed about them, but everyone has fears. Some are more common than others, but the bottom line is, everyone has something that gives them anxiety, and if it interferes with their life, they deserve help. You deserve help.

Hang in there.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread