TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Devin

Question Help please! - April 14th 2010, 05:01 AM

What does everyone do to calm themselves down and stay anxiety free?
I need advice, because I refuse to let my anxiety ruin my relationship, and it's hard because it makes me paranoid and stuff.
So what is some advice that can help me not be so paranoid about silly things, and keep away my anxiety?

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

"Sometimes I have moments in life,
where I am able to forget for one minute,
exactly how lonely I am.
I live for those moments.
Is that pathetic or brave?"

---

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: Help please! - April 14th 2010, 09:33 PM

Well i suffer from anxiety a lot. In fact for the most part it is a big part of my life. But what i tend to do if i really need to calm down, is take some breaths, read a bok(It feels like your somewhere else) or even running. Sometimes getting away from the problem can really calm you down. I have some more tips and tricks too and so if you want some more info please PM me!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help please! - April 16th 2010, 03:28 AM

It's such a burden I will definitely try those things though.
Have you ever noticed it making you really paranoid in relationships, or is that something different?
Like, how do you trust someone?

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.

---

(#4 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDLEJA- View Post
Have you ever noticed it making you really paranoid in relationships, or is that something different?
YES! i was in a relationship with a girl who had cheated on people in the past and boy did it make me so paranoid to know that little fact about her. even though i had grown up with this girl, and we;ve been through hell and back, and even though she promised she would never cheat on me. i still could not get the thought out my mind that she would cheat on me. however the more i pushed my paranoia away by just throwing caution to the wind, the more my paranoia went away. i just had to keep on reminding myself that i'm not those people, that this is OUR relationship. etc, etc. it takes work but i'm sure the longer your in the relationship the more comfortable you'll be and more you'll see your paranoia disappear. also i find that if i take a step back and try to talk myself out of my paranioa, that i'm usually successful.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 02:21 PM

thanks so much for that Michelle! that's exactly what I was looking for you've helped a lot!

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.

---

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 07:10 PM

As Michelle said, eventually it gets easier. I mean, I'm always paranoid with my relationships, and I never fully stopped. It just lessened over time.

Like, I'm in a long-distance relationship right now, and when I don't hear from him right away when I text, I get worried that he's been injured, or he's off with some other girl, or his friends are trying to set him up on a date... I go through it all in my head. One time I didn't hear from him for a few hours, I started crying thinking he could've been in a bad car accident. His parent's van had been acting up lately which made it worse.

Meanwhile, when I had been dating a fellow for over 3 years, I didn't worry so easily by the 2nd and 3rd years. We were together alot, and I'd only worry when he was out running a simple errand, and it took too long. Like, going down to pick his mother up a pack of cigarettes and taking half an hour when it should only take 5 minutes. That happened once, and turned out that a mutual friend of ours had taken acid and was tripping out on her own.

But anyways, so point is, it takes time, but it does get easier. Maybe to distract your mind from anxious thoughts, try things like, painting, drawing, crafting, etc.? Heck, work on tattoo designs maybe?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 07:35 PM

That sounds exactly like me Julz lol. I get all worked up over the simplest of things. It seems to be getting better lately though. I just get worried when he says he wants to go out and drink and I can't go, because the friends he used to hang out with were COMPLETE DOUCHEBAGS. ARGH. LOL anyways, that's when I really get upset. But since then he's realized the douchey ness that his old friends were, and found new ones that don't just get high on hard drugs and drink all the time
Yaaay!
So things are starting to look up thanks for the advice though! I definitely will try those things, I'm not the best painter or drawer, but writing would probably help too

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.

---

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDLEJA- View Post
I have been diagnosed with GAD for about a year now. And it is really hard to be in relationships and not over think every little detail. Basically you just have to remind yourself over and over again that they have not disserved your distrust and you would not want them to distrust you for no real reason. I also have to talk myself out of a lot of things that I think. Like say someone is late, I automatically start assuming something terrible has happened like they got in a car crash and they are seriously injured, or even worse, dead. But then I have to stop and tell myself that is highly unlikely and its most likely traffic. I know it doesn’t sound fun to have to put effort into calming yourself down. But once you do, you feel slightly better.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 08:45 PM

It is so easy to worry about everything. Me, I think of the worst that could happen in every situation, which I really want to stop doing. It's difficult to see the positive, though, when seeing the negative is so much easier for me. I over-analyze everything, until I can't take my thoughts anymore and I don't know what to do with myself.
After a while, the anxiety subsides, but it's hard to wait it out. What I do is I just breathe. I put my energy into reading, or writing in a journal, or even getting on the computer to take my mind off of things. Funny movies and TV shows really help as well.
I know for a fact that when I'm anxious and worrying about everything, that I really don't think that anything will help me. But I prove myself wrong every time when I do something that will take my mind off of it.
Good luck.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 08:47 PM

Try going to this website: http://www.ilovepanicvideos.com/videofire.php
This guy has a few really helpful tips in video orm, but he also has a CD that's really helpful too.

-I hope it helps in some ways, it's been slowly helping me.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 11:01 PM

I talk to my best friend, throw a tennis ball, and try to focus my mind on something else. The easiest one to be able to do is throwing the tennis ball, I stay inside and throw it at the walls. Usually it takes a mix of those for me to be able to calm down though. Mostly it takes talking to my best friend but I have to distract myself until I can do that most of the time, so I usually start out throwing the ball until I can call him.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help please! - April 27th 2010, 11:52 PM

Ahhh I'm so glad that there are people I can talk to that actually can relate to me and understand what I'm feeling, that alone makes me feel better, and the tips you guys give me are great I'm starting to improve a bit actually, and I'm learning to accept that I cannot control everything, and things just happen as they are supposed to, and that I cannot fight the inevitable so I just have to let things happen.
You guys, and TH in general has definitely helped more than I can say! It's nice knowing I can talk and vent about things to people who understand what I'm going through, and I'll get feedback besides the cliche "ahh that sucks" that I get a lot lol.
Thanks everyone!

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.

---

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help please! - April 30th 2010, 11:23 AM

hello devin.

I know i'm not one of the people who posted below but i'm glad that everything's getting better. and just a tip: sometimes if you feel stressed out or there's something on your mind, simple things like maybe, just reading a good book you know you like or just chilling out and doing something you like.

and just remember that you are always, always welcome to tell us anything

caring always.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread