TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Enekstrix Offline
Kiki
Not a n00b

Name: Kiersten

....supressed memories.... - May 1st 2010, 04:14 AM

Sorry this will be so long... I just realized why I'm like this...

Okay, so I was going through my nightly routine of checking the shower, med cabinet, closet and everything before I went to the bathroom and as I turned to lock the door, I got a flashback of something that happened to me almost 10 years ago.

I used to watch a show called 'Tales From The Crypt' when I was about 6. It was so fake looking, I thought it was funny. It had stupid stories about how dolls would come to life and stuff like that.

One night they had on a modern looking episode with a little boy on it that had been diagnosed with a disease that made him hallucinate things to be gross and dark. (like a man watching a plate of spheghetti and the noddles turning to earthworms, meatballs into cockroaches and they would come after him). The boy had been scarred ever since his mom had hit a man with her car and killed him. (I remember this pretty clearly).

The boy would sit in his corner and mutter to himself 'Now he's coming through the woods, now he's coming through the yard, now he's coming in the house, now he's coming up the stairs, now he's coming in my room...' and rock back and forth.

His mother and maid lived in the house too and hired a man to help him. The man was supposed to be the best because he too was diagnosed with it. The man went to the little boy and whispered something in his ear and the little boy got up and ran to his mother. She gave him a glass of chocolate milk and kissed him releaved. The boy was acting normal and I was happy for him until his eyes grew wide and he dropped the glass on the floor and began screaming uncontrollably. the man tried to hold him down and the boy looked out the glass door and screeched 'NOW HE'S COMING THROUGH THE WOODS!' The family looked up to see a figure emerge through the woods and stumble into the yard. The boy screamed now he's coming through the yard and the mother realized it was the man she had hit with her car, he was dead.

The man slowly slumped to the house and they all ran upstairs dragging the boy the maid was caught in the kitchen and his mother on the stairs and the man had been murdered in front of the boys closet in his room. The boy was inside crying and I was cryng too this being the first time I had seen someone die (real or fictional). There was blood everywhere. The man reached inside and got him and then a screen panned out to reveal the man who had helped him sitting and rocking in the corner muttering 'now he's coming through the woods, now he's coming through the yard...' while the boy was downstairs drinking his milk.

I ran to my bathroom, it being the closest place I could think of and cried my 7 years old eyes out. I must have cried for hours and my mom tried to comfort me and say it was only a show, but I was never the same after that. I haven't went to the kitchen alone without looking into the woods behind my house ever since. I'm completely petrified something will come out of them. I won't go to the bathroom without checkign everything, especilly that it's locked and the windows are secure.

I think I've supressed that story for the longest time. now that I remember it, I'm actualy more terrified than usual, but I thought I needed to get that out of my system....

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
  Send a message via MSN to Enekstrix  
Closed Thread