TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Izzy

Unhappy I'm so scared I'm going to die... - May 2nd 2010, 04:28 PM

Hi,
At the moment I am so sure I am going to die of something. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety but I'm pretty sure I have it. I have most of the symptoms of it expect sleep disturbance. My life has been pretty stressful and lots of bad things have happened when I was young so I have a good reason of getting anxiety. I think it started around a month ago which was a very stressful time in my life. I haven't really felt well since then. I'm 14 and really don't want to talk to my parents about this (We don't have a very close relationship) And I am really good at hiding my feelings so I don't think they will notice.

I have back pain, but not all the time only usually when I sit in a certain way and it's better when I lie down. I down think it's muscle pain because I've done nothing to damage it and I've had it about 1 or 2 weeks. It feels worse when I think about it. I've read it can be a symptom of kidney disease or kidney problems. I am so freaked out because a few weeks ago I had lower abdominal pain. I thought it was IBS.

Apart from a few short headaches, muscle twitches and occasional stomach cramps that's all that's is wrong, but those I only get those symptoms when I'm worrying, especially getting a numb feeling in my arms and my hands getting cold and my face getting warm. So I don't know if they are relevant. Also when I worry my heart feels as if it's beating faster and I'm worried this could one day cause a heart attack.

I read somewhere all of these can be caused by anxiety. Is this true? If so how can I stop it? Do I have a really serious illness? Any little twitch or pain in my body gets me worrying. I'm so scared. Please help..

Hugs to everyone

Reach for the moon,

If you fall you'll land among the stars

(#2 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm so scared I'm going to die... - May 2nd 2010, 04:40 PM

I would definitely say you have anxiety issues and if those symptoms can be attributed to it, I bet they are. I think you should talk to your mom and have her take you to the doctor, so they can check everything over and maybe give you something to help with the anxiety. Everything will be okay.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: I'm so scared I'm going to die... - May 2nd 2010, 04:47 PM

Hey Izzy,

You are definitely not crazy, nor are you going to die! It's definitely sounding like anxiety. Anxiety can make you worry about every little thing, it can cause you to play the "what if" game, and overall be anxious and uncomfortable.

I know you said you don't want to talk to your parents, but that's your best bet--so that you can talk to a professional and get some help. Anxiety isn't a life-threatening illness, by any means, but it can certainly interfere with your happiness and daily functioning (like you're describing). Counselors/therapists can work with you to help tame your anxiety.

If you REALLY don't think you can talk to your parents first, try a school teacher, counselor, nurse, etc. Either way, reach out to some adult and keep talking until they listen to you!

Take good care of yourself.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: I'm so scared I'm going to die... - May 4th 2010, 06:29 PM

Hey Izzy,
This sounds like anxiety so much. I have anxiety and this sounds exactly how I felt.
I even made my mom take me to get tests and stuff.
You need to see a doctor about this.
You are not going to die and you do not have some serious illness.

Take care <3
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
colin4566 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Colin

Re: I'm so scared I'm going to die... - May 7th 2010, 06:02 PM

I had one week in the fourth grade where i stayed inside and cried all day for a week. I wouldnt even let my mom shower cause she had to be by my side. I still get these feelings from time to time and go to therapy. It may feel like your going to die but you wont

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Firefighter 48 Offline
Firefighter/ EMT-B
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: I'm so scared I'm going to die... - May 8th 2010, 12:14 AM

Like others have said, you don't have any life threatening conditions, but just to put things into perspective with them the emergency medical team and hospital in your area are more than equipped to save your life if any of those things occured... I have worked 1 year as a firefighter/ 1st responder going on medical calls and have not seen someone die yet from heart attacks, strokes, ect. yet... and I have probably seen hundreds of those. The chances of you dieing from a heart attack and being bitten by a shark and dieing are about the same odds. oh... and I don't think I have ever been on a heart attack call for anyone under the age of like 30. If you want to see the statistics with death then here is a list, but if you think it may scare you then don't go there http://www.statisticstop10.com/Cause...ger_Teens.html

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

TWLOHA
  Send a message via MSN to Firefighter 48  
Closed Thread