TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Should I talk to someone, or is it all in my head? - May 4th 2010, 05:50 PM

So I've always been a nervous/anxious person. I'd stress out over school and other things but usually I could calm myself down, except when they were at their worst. Since I started college, I've noticed it is getting significantly worse.

I've been having these moments of this feeling like something horrible is about to happen, and I should have known about it, I get this tense feeling in my chest and find myself fighting the urge to cry. They don't happen often to this extent (maybe once a month are the worst ones but I have smaller ones at least once a week), and when they do they don't last long.

Also I've noticed socially I'm a lot more paranoid. I'm in constant fear that I've committed a faux pas and everyone is judging me and talking about me when I leave the room. And if my boyfriend doesn't text me back soon enough, or call me when he's supposed to I worry something horrible has happened, like a car accident, or someone has told him something that will make him angry at me, even though I've done nothing wrong to make me feel this way.

Also I'm almost constantly feeling overwhelmed to the point where I have to make lists of almost EVERYTHING that I need to do, including when to eat, sleep, and shower. It's the only thing that can calm me down, but sometimes I have to do it even when I don't have a lot of work.

I'm sorry this is so long, and I really appreciate anything you guys can tell me. Basically I'm wondering if I should talk to someone, or if these are just normal, transitional things that everyone goes through. Thank you so much in advance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Should I talk to someone, or is it all in my head? - May 5th 2010, 05:29 PM

Hey, Megan.

It never hurts to talk to someone. While these may be transitional phases you're experiencing now (as a possible result of stress) it is a good idea to talk to someone about it if they're getting excessive. You may have an anxiety disorder of sorts but since I'm not a trained professional, it really isn't my duty to diagnose you. For all you know, I may be wrong.

But I would consider talking to someone about it. It'll help you figure things out a little.

Good luck. Feel free to PM me should you ever need a chat.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

Closed Thread