TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Colten Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel as if I am insane - May 7th 2010, 07:38 AM

Im pretty sure I have anxiety disorder. Its this strange, almost burning feeling I get in my stomach when walking down a hallway, being in a large group of people, meeting someone, and most importantly when I am the center of attention - I hate having any attention directed to me. I always feel like people are talking about me, and I worry that my friends are only my friends because they feel sorry for me - And I feel as if they also talk about me behind my back. The worst is when I become embarrassed. I actually cry a lot of the time, and its very embarrassing considering Im a guy, but I cant control it. It just happens. When I was young my parents used to fight a lot and I used to go cry and scream or hide in a corner even though the fights were small. Thinking back on them makes me feel as Im insane. One time I walking out on track and this group of kids made a joke about me and my friend (Who is a girl) saying that we loved eachother and such, which normally wouldnt bother someone, but to me it embarrassed me greatly and as hard as I tried to hold it back I started crying. I dont even understand why, because when I think about it its not something thats worth crying about. I just cant handle embarrassment. I feel strange talking to anyone about this, and was wondering what is wrong with me. My older sister has SAD and Im thinking maybe I have it to?

I also bite my nails, a lot. To the point where they are tiny stubs of what they should be. I would post pics but it wont allow me to until Ive made 10 posts in the support forum

Last edited by Colten; May 7th 2010 at 07:57 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Colten Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel as if I am insane - May 7th 2010, 07:44 AM

Im sorry for the double post, but I just remembered another example. This one is one of the worst ones and I cant even explain why I did it. One time when I was young I was arguing with my mom about something, and wouldnt listen to anything she said and was saying I hated her, and she threatened that the cops would come and arrest me (She pretended to call them and everything, to try and get me to listen to her) and I remember I started screaming and crying and grabbed a knife and threatened to kill myself if she called the cops, I even pretended at one point as if I had done it. Theres no reasoning behind why I did it, its like I couldnt even control myself or my actions. Every time I think back on that I cant even understand what was going through my head, and it just makes me feel more insane.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I feel as if I am insane - May 14th 2010, 01:02 AM

hi maybe this can help

http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind...RelatedArticle

sorry its hard case i had this to so im not sure

i hope it helps! pm me anytime

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rainbownikki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: nikki

Re: I feel as if I am insane - May 18th 2010, 05:55 PM

you might have soical anxiety. its as if everywhere u go, even wallking threw the store full of ppl you feel as if ppl are laughing? or you'v done something embarssing? idk there is a cure, but there is ways to feel more calm and comf. around groups of ppl, its jst talking to the right person for ways to deal. if you need anything pm me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: I feel as if I am insane - May 18th 2010, 06:32 PM

You're not insane, just full of drama. Don't take that offensively. You sound like me when I was 15. You should learn to say "fuck it" in your head when people are being assholes... Social anxiety is hell but you can defeat it by wearing sunglasses and walking with your head up. I'm not saying be Johnny Badass, just use them to hide behind, a security blanket. It also intimidates people so they'll have sorta a small fear about you, a good "mysterious guy" fear. Seriously try it out.

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: I feel as if I am insane - May 18th 2010, 06:38 PM

It is possible that you may be suffering from some kind of anxiety disorder but we aren't medical professionals and cannot give you a diagnosis.

If you think you may have some kind of anxiety disorder, you'd be best off to get an appointment with your doctor and let them know what you've been experiencing, It's unfortunately, a very common disorder so they will know how to best help you feel better.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Tnows Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Re: I feel as if I am insane - May 19th 2010, 11:07 PM

Yeah, you are an anxious person, and so I am . And you're far away from being insane lol.
Keep in mind that this thing is very frequent among teenagers and people can definitely overcome it (I'm not totally 'cured' but I've done huge progress).

The first step to do, is to contact your school counselor. Trust me, doing so was the best choice I ever did! We talked about a lot of stuff concerning this thing and I even participated to a group of anxious people which helped me see that 1. I'm not alone 2. Anxious people are normal people lol 3. All those negative thoughts can be replaced with positive things (this might sound abstract but it's true trust me)

I can go into more details but trust me your school counselor with help you more in depth with this situation, but obviously don't hesitate to ask something if you want to.

Oh yeah and I also bite my nails a lot.. I just can't help it, I do it by reflex.
But this is probably the most normal thing in earth ... I'm going to search on the net for some tips.

Closed Thread