TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Question is this weird.. or even possible? - July 23rd 2010, 04:29 AM

like, i dont have social anxiety necesarily,
but school anxiety..

i do good in school. teachers like me, i get good grades.
i just have a horrible past with school. i honestly think i have PTSD cause of it.
so many traumatic events for me have happened in school.

i have a bunch of other issues.. but im just curious, do you think its possible to only have school anxiety and not social anxiety? my parents seem to think im crazy for thinking so.

i dont mind going out in public or meetinng new people or anything.
or even home schooling or anything. but just going to a school building triggers me.

k, thanks.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.
  Send a message via AIM to Yours Truly Send a message via Skype™ to Yours Truly 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: is this weird.. or even possible? - July 23rd 2010, 05:35 PM

I used to go through something similar to this, being repulsed by school and feeling incapable of going into school every single day. I think as you settle in (took 4 years for me) you simply associate less negative feelings to school and gradually feel better about things. Not much help I can give you though.
Is it normal, no. Is it dangerous, probably not.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: is this weird.. or even possible? - July 23rd 2010, 05:40 PM

I had bad experiences with school, in eighth grade a lot of stuff happened that made me dread school. I won't go into detail, but we'll just say eighth grade sucked for me. Since then school has been kind of hard for me. I think it is possible for certain situations to make you more anxious than others, and to be more difficult. This year I decided to do school online instead of going to regular school, and to be honest I regret it. If anything it has made my fear of school greater, and I feel that giving myself time to get used to the school environment again and to just feel normal would have been a better decision for me. So taking my own experience into consideration I would say just try to toughen it out, go to school with a positive attitude and try to get through it. Eventually, it should become easier. Another thing you could try to consider is talking to the school counselor, or getting your parents to get you in to see a therapist. Talking through your anxiety and being armed with strategies as to how to deal with it may help you feel more comfortable at school, and therapy or counseling can help do both these things for you.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread