TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alex

I need some help :/ - August 19th 2010, 03:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

(I've put the Trigger thing on as the topic of Cancer and illness can be upsetting.)

My anxiety over the past year has just gotten so worse.. I don't know what to do about it. Some days I won't leave the house because I feel so worried or paranoid about myself, or anything really.

My anxiety also largely revolves around my mum. She had cancer a couple of years ago, and while it's in remission, she'll never be fully healed. However, I'm just always worried about her. Some days I won't go out because I don't want to leave her alone. I don't really have a proper reason for not wanting to leave her alone, I just want to be there. If she goes out of the house I get worried she's going to die, and it can be really upsetting and I get tearful.

I'm also worrying about germs more, and sometimes showing signs of OCD (for example, I have to clean my cup otherwise something bad will happen). I can usually ignore this but sometimes I can't.

I just don't know what to do. I'm so nervous about going to college next year because I can't fail another year. But I get so worked up leaving the house :/

What do I do? I'm so sorry this is long. I appreciate it if you've read it. Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
phoenixsrmc Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lily

Re: I need some help :/ - August 19th 2010, 03:29 PM

Hey Alex,

Have you talked to someone about this? If you haven't, I think it's best you do. If not your family or your mum, maybe a school counselor or a trusted teacher. I was just like you when I was your age and was terrified of talking to someone. However, with the support I got from my trusted friends and faculty members, I was able to talk to my school counselor. You can too. Talking to a professional can help you and figure out what's best for you in this situation.

I'm glad that you're coming here for help and that you recognize your situation and trying to fix it. It's a big step forward

You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time.

And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do.

Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there.

That's a miracle.

You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love.

.Lily.
former HelpLink Mentor.
email me anytime <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Susurrous Offline
Just wandering...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Drew

Re: I need some help :/ - August 19th 2010, 06:07 PM

The best thing you could have right now is a friend. Someone to listen to you, and maybe not even give you advice. Just someone you can vent to. Even though I am a stranger, you can still confide in me.

People always evolve. Every day, we change. This change in her body is simply another phase, but whether she had cancer or not she could never return to her old body. None of us can. Energy never dies, and is always being stored in different particles in different forms. My point is that wishing for her to be healthy and fully healed will get you nowhere. You can't freeze time, and when you accept that as a natural fact of life, the process of cancer can seem much easier. You will both end up in the same place anyways.

I would also suggest talking to a professional, and medication or talking therapy would both help visibly reduce these OCD symptoms. Even in college there are people who can help, so don't feel like you are alone. I hope your anxiety gets better Alexx, really, you seem like an awesome person.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."

Closed Thread