TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Help to cope until I see someone about this? - November 14th 2010, 04:15 AM

I'm either an extremely stressed out person at times, or I really think that I have some kind of anxiety disorder. I don't want to go putting labels on it because I'm not a professional and have yet to see one. I need to soon, though... I just don't know where to begin since I have no family doctor.

Anyway... Tonight has been stressful for me and I have an extreme headache, the shakes, and I'm just about to my limit.

It started when something made me extremely mad... I'm talking LIVID. And I just got so shaky and nervous that I couldn't even function. I'm pretty calm now, but the headache remains.

Some situations just make me feel like something bad is about to happen... like dread of some sort. Although I know that nothing is actually going to happen, I feel so on edge and nervous about everything during these times.

I made a post awhile back about possibly having an anxiety disorder, but I haven't bothered to see anyone yet, mostly because everyone in my family who I've mentioned this to thinks that nothing is wrong with me and that I just need to get over it. My mom has a few mental health diagnoses, which I know makes me even more susceptible to being diagnosed with one as well.

I just... I don't know. I guess I can't get up the courage to actually see someone about this and I'm using the fact that I have no family doctor as an excuse to put it off. Social situations make me nervous, unless I know the people who I'm talking to pretty well. I go to college and am nervous in most of my classes, some more so. And I avoid going to certain places where I know there will be a lot of people because I just feel like I'm only one little person and like something crazy might happen while I'm there.

I need to do something about this. I have a kid to take care of. Where do I begin?

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stephmarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steph Marie

Re: Help to cope until I see someone about this? - November 14th 2010, 07:11 PM

Try to take it one step at a time. Breathe. Relax. Next time u get anxious try and list things that you are thankful for. I have GAD and understand anxiety at its worst. PM me....I have lots of great ways to beat anxiety!
Hope for the best
Steph

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Help to cope until I see someone about this? - November 14th 2010, 10:48 PM

I think I agree, you have to take this one situation at a time. I think you should see someone about this as soon as you can, that way you can figure out what's going on and get help for it. If you need anything, you can PM me and I'll try to help. Good luck with this.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread