TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Uncomfortable feeling - December 19th 2010, 05:29 AM

Okay this is my first post about an issue and I am kinda nervous. Please guys, no mean comments although I doubt there will be. You guys all seem very nice=)
Lets start this by saying I am a BIG worrier. Have been since I was a baby practicly but this year, I seem to be more worried than I ever have been before. I worry over EVERYTHING and obsess over every little thing. Lately I am always feeling guilty about things that I do or say even though there is no reason to be and its almost silly. I am always afraid that I am a bad person or twisted or something like that. Its really upsetting and I wonder if I will ever have a day when I am not upset about something for no reason. So tonight, I went with my dad and sister to a work party that my dad's friend was having. We usually go since their house is really cool and they have the best food. So me and my sis were sitting in the living room eating chocolate or something and this boy comes in. He is like 8 but he looks just like a boy I used to like a lot. He could have passed for him if he was taller. So when I saw him my heart imediantly sped up and I smiled at him. He was a cute kid and I looked at him a lot. But when he left I felt REALLY crummy. I felt it was wrong to feel like that when he was 8 years old. I probably just thought about the guy I used to like and thats why I kept looking at him and stuff, I don't think I liked the kid. It just bothered me for the rest of the night and I didn't feel right. I still don't feel right, thats why I am telling you guys. What do you guys think?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Got love?
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Re: Uncomfortable feeling - December 21st 2010, 04:50 PM

I've found everyone on here to be quite supportive also.

And just because you worry does NOT make you bad, or twisted, or anything close to that. It is human nature. Worrying can get the best of everyone, some people more than others.
You probably WERE thinking about the guy you liked, because would you normally be attracted to a little boy? You just had a 'cute adorable kid' moment. You thought of someone else when you saw him, you weren't attracted to him. No worries.
P.M. me if you ever want to talk.

Bi-sexual and proud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Uncomfortable feeling - December 21st 2010, 04:54 PM

Thanks=) I know, I worry about stupid stuff a lot. Its not good and I need to quit but its always been like that for me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Got love?
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Re: Uncomfortable feeling - December 21st 2010, 06:05 PM

Same here. I have found that it helps to be optimistic. I i start to worry, I think about all the good things i have, and the good things that might happen.

Bi-sexual and proud

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Uncomfortable feeling - December 21st 2010, 07:52 PM

Its hard to be positive sometimes but I am def. trying more often to be positive nonetheless=)

Closed Thread